Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    Kinda sad to see the classic WoW haters. You get to play the new expansion, you dont need to play classic.

Myself I will enjoy them both.
    Which looks like they didnt put much effort in... wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by iETHOSi View Post
    CHOO CHOO! Aaaaall aaaaaboooooaaaaard the hype train!
    Oh yeah! Accounting will have one hell of a party when people pay for content that requires almost 0 development expenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ma gaaaaaawd YEEEEES

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    They don't need to be shut down, because once they are up, they are basically no cost (in terms of a corporation like Blizzard). I don't expect any fixes and updates, just a snapshot of the old days.
    Nothing to fix really - once its there its done. Any "fixes" make it no longer classic.

I can finally stop playing on that one server that shall not be named. This is the best Blizzcon ever!

I'm glad. I'm personally never going to play it. At least now my friends who do NOTHING but talk about Vanilla all the time can go relive it and let me be.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Blizzard does it exactly how vanilla really was so that all those people wanting legacy servers can then truly remember the grindfest it really was as well as having to run on foot everywhere until level 40 and no fast mount until 60.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Durte View Post
    1) Will LFG exist?
    2) Will ground and flying mounts exist?
    3) Mount at level 40?
    4) Will graphics improve?
    5) Will battleground finder exist?
    6) Will transmog exist?
    7) Will world pvp exist?
    1 - no or its not classic
    2 - ground only or its not classic. flying were BC
    3 - yes or its not classic
    4 - likely yes - because I expect it will be the same client - just connect to different servers. technically it shouldn't though
    5 - no or its not classic
    6 - no or its not classic
    7 - yes.... but after enthusiasm dies down there may not be that many people on the server - time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    if this is the case then great - and they may well do. However based on the new reveal of the new expac and the fact that this is STILL wow - not some other game - I think it will be more like when they spent a lot of time redoing azeroth for the cataclysm - it had a negative effect on the expansion and I think this has already taken up developer time that would have otherwise been working on the "main" wow. Could be wrong of course - but thats how it looks to me.
    Mike Morhaime said in the interview following the opening ceremony that they have a dedicated team working on it. He didn't get very specific, but it sounded like they were either a completely different game OR they have a folks who volunteered to do the extra work needed. Time will tell. You would think it would make more money, thus mean more resources for Blizzard.

Battle For Azeroth seems a bit underwhelming at the moment if, god forbid and I don't want this to happen, but if it turns into another WoD I could see these Legacy Servers exploding in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Yeah, listening to a part of their consumer base, so pathetic...
    Certainly not to me. I wanted that resources be spend in actually creating new stuff and not something only a fraction of the playerbase can enjoy. But yay, I can now play content that I've played for several years already. Yay. And pay for that. Wohooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You don't like it? Don't fucking play it. Now go home.
    Exactly. People that are interested in classic servers have been hearing that crap for YEARS. It's time for all those people to follow their own advice and shut up like they've told people to.

I can't wait to see them honestly. Hopefully they're graphically updated, but back to the old style. Time will tell if they are popular or if it really was just rose tinted glasses though.

I can say that I've been leaning on not getting the next expansion, but if classic servers are coming back, I'm actually leaning towards getting it now just for that nostalgia trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Durte View Post
    1) Will LFG exist?
    2) Will ground and flying mounts exist?
    3) Mount at level 40?
    4) Will graphics improve?
    5) Will battleground finder exist?
    6) Will transmog exist?
    7) Will world pvp exist?

Assuming they go for actual pre-tbc vanilla, because anything else would just be weird and inaccurate here, then:

1. No, that came in WOTLK.
    2. Only ground mounts.
    3. Slow speed ground mount at 40 and high speed at 60.
    4. Opposite, it will be downgraded. Even if they possibly could make it run with updated engine then it would have the correct aesthetics. So expect much worse graphics.
    5. No, you queue up in capital cities.
    6. No.
    7. Yes.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    hahahahahahhaha!!

To all the people that said Blizzard would never do it again,
    To all the people who said Blizzard "couldn't" do it again, because "reasons"...

GET RIGGIDY RIGGIDY REEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKTTTTTTTTTT!!

Seriously, this is AWESOME!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I expect it to be exactly like vanilla, without any additions. Any addition would be EXTREMELY COSTLY. The best thing about it is that it will be absolutely genuine, not an emulation / approximation / estimation, with 10000 extra bugs like any vanilla private server out there...
    Any additions would also not be Vanilla. It would be timewalking dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Well, considering how long everything in vanilla took, even if classic servers gave everyone 1 year worth of content to explore and enjoy, it's still better than 1 year of just about any final raid in every xpac we had so far.

One of my regrets was, I didn't join WoW until like 4 months before TBC and even that with 2 months break. This gives me a chance to really explore all the content (hopefully with some of the present day QoL features, like modern addons for example) and get burned out by it as much as I want.
    I'm not saying its a terrible idea either (although I think "normal" wow's expansion may have suffered as a result of this) - but when you have played vanilla for 4 years with no more content - have had naxx on farm for 2 years - there is no more gear in the game for you to get etc..... I cant see how it can stay interesting.

I do think though that a small enough number of these servers will have enough turnover to keep them used - but I cannot believe peopel will stay on them for years with nothing else to do ever

Chill down folks, Classic servers only on early 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How about we watch the upcoming panel before making assumptions?

Which is on now so logging out of this on mobile.
    Oh, I am prepared to be proven wrong - but it was the worst expansion REVEAL ever - to me at least.

I would rather a BC server, but if a vanilla one is coming, I have hopes
    will likely play on it mostly to do older dungeons and not be able to solo it like it is a joke at level

It's about time.