Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by merli View Post
    No this is new since Legion. The only thing you were missing if you didn't log in for a few weeks in classic was DKP points.
    Did you just say that Vanilla was not a grind ?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, where's my flying?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Dude, where's my flying?
    Seriously? Already?

Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    Yes this has been the backbone of wow since day 1
    You couldn't be more fucking wrong.

The entire idea of daily, repeatable quests didn't even show up until Burning Crusade.

Deleted
    Dude, where's my flying?
    Let's hope it's gone forever, once and for all.

woah, so, I don't have to do outland content ever again? yush.

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    I'm impressed, they couldn't have made me hate this expansion more if they tried.
    Right?

Because if there's one thing most players (as opposed to obnoxious mouth-breathers on some forums) is "MOAR FACTION PVP NAOW!!!!!!!"

Factions are such a fucking stupid concept with this style of execution. All it does is split up your playerbase and add to the rot that is the community.

Deleted
    From official site:

Experience the relentless conflict at the heart of the Warcraft saga. Play through six new zones filled with new World Quests, new World Bosses, new raids and more as you determine whether the Horde or Alliance will shape Azeroth’s future.
    What this might mean is:

1) There is a set ending where either the Horde or the Alliance wins over the other.
    2) There is a set ending where no faction can't win and the expansion ends with a truce or something
    3) There is no set ending and you, the player, get to decide which faction wins the war according to which faction you play. So if previously you were the champion of your Class Hall, now you'll determine the entire future of your faction and Azeroth itself.

If 1) or 3) happens, I have no idea what can happen in a future expansion. I mean, will blizzard create a future expansion which has two very different stories based on which faction you are? For example, if you're Alliance, there will be no more Horde in the game in a future expansion from a lore-wise point of view? Will Blizzard keep doing this in every expansion, and how burdersome will it be until it turns out to be a bad idea? Will the game go in a direction where there's no canon lore anymore, where everything is just a "what if" scenario? Or will this be the last expansion (with classic WoW servers announced and all)?

2) would be the more sane option, but also seems the less exciting. If no faction can't win, then what's the whole point of this expansion?

This expansion sounds...I don't even know, to be honest. This can be great or it can be really lame, depending on how they handle it.

If they do that bullshit gated flying crap again no $. If I want to explore areas on foot let it be optional and if you want hard areas to travel in just make them indoor.

Removed PvP vs PvE servers. All servers will be equal, bonus exp and rep if you flag yourself for PvP. That's the major change atm imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulv View Post
    Removed PvP vs PvE servers. All servers will be equal, bonus exp and rep if you flag yourself for PvP. That's the major change atm imho.
    I think they saw that in SWTOR. I'd say that it's good change.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Seriously? Already?
    The fuck do you mean? That's the only thing I care at this moment. Flying first, things to fly to - later.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulv View Post
    It's really the only way to deal with the server faction imbalances. If it's 10:1, it's not PvP... it's just shitty.

I welcome this change.

Hey, let's make a Horde vs. Alliance themed expansion by allowing people on PvP servers to turn off PvP...

Individual choice to opt into PvP
    I can taste the ganker tears.

Dude, where's my flying?
    He knows that from a friend that has a friend that plays in vanilla:P and most likely never leave the area of blue-green gear :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Defeated the legion. "HEY LET'S KILL EACH OTHER NOW!"
    Its complete stupid. Bad writing, bad design, stupid npc leaders and a complete ignorance of the things they learned about the cosmos.

Its such bad writing it truly has me raging out.

I'm sad that I will never ever buy this. EVER. I WANT TO LOVE IT !

This exp. is a breath of fresh air because it was getting tiring with every exp focused on SAVE AZEROTH FROM __________.

• Bonuses to offset inefficiency

This does have one issue on severely imbalanced servers.

Lets say there's a server with 10 horde to every 1 alliance.

The horde can all quest and level with PvP enabled and not really have to worry about anything, reaping all the bonuses.

While the alliance will have to stay PvE mode so they don't get steamrolled, and advance at a slower rate.

The fuck do you mean? That's the only thing I care at this moment. Flying first, things to fly to - later.
    I mean we're less than an hour after the fucking expansion is announced, we don't have all of the details yet and someone has to start the old stupid flying/ no flying bullshit up again.

At least wait until all the details are out until you start freaking out. If at the end of BlizzCon we still don't know about flying, then ask the question.