Thread: Zone Scaling

Zone Scaling

Ok, so with this new PvP opt-in opt-out feature, I think it might be an opportunity to also extend this to world PvE difficulty.

We can set difficulty for dungeons and raids, and scaling technology is already in place for world zones. I would think it would be pretty realistic to request an increase in difficulty for world zones for those who want it. A challenge while leveling hasn't been a thing for a pretty long time.

Thoughts?

Not too sure about challenge while leveling, But a max level toggle to scale the mobs to your level, Regardless of the zones maximum level, Allowing a max level player to go though the older zones content while getting gold rewards from quests and mob drops appropriate for your level, Would be pretty swell.

And to prevent people from exploiting this by picking up quests and disabling the scaling, Could just make it so when you have a scaled quest in your quest log you cant toggle it off without abandoning those quests.
    Last edited by wrv451nlp; 2017-11-06 at 05:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrv451nlp View Post
    Not too sure about challenge while leveling, But a max level toggle to scale the mobs to your level, Regardless of the zones maximum level, Allowing a max level player to go though the older zones content while getting gold rewards from quests and mob drops appropriate for your level, Would be pretty swell.
    That would be cool. Give me an incentive to go get that Loremaster of Azeroth achievement i been wanting
    #TeamSylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    Ok, so with this new PvP opt-in opt-out feature, I think it might be an opportunity to also extend this to world PvE difficulty.

We can set difficulty for dungeons and raids, and scaling technology is already in place for world zones. I would think it would be pretty realistic to request an increase in difficulty for world zones for those who want it. A challenge while leveling hasn't been a thing for a pretty long time.

Thoughts?
    All the mobs are scaling with your level so they will be bit harder than before and remember to leave your heirlooms in bank so you dont have gear that scales with you.

Quote Originally Posted by wrv451nlp View Post

And to prevent people from exploiting this by picking up quests and disabling the scaling, Could just make it so when you have a scaled quest in your quest log you cant toggle it off without abandoning those quests.
    I was thinking that this would be a level 110-120 thing. But I'd be happy with that being a max level option.