Poll: Which class will you level?

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    rogue. barman shanker ambush ambush - take a dirt nap

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    It's not going to ruin anything to give a little more oomph to under performing classes/specs.
    You don't realise that if you give more "oomph" to underperforming classes that it will hugely affect PVE and PVP balance? It will change the whole landscape of Vanilla, and ultimately make raids far far less difficult. It would ruin the Classic experience everyone is wanting, by everyone I mean the people who genuinely love Vanilla for what it is, and not the tourists who want to ride through it like a Safari in an air-conditioned armoured vehicle.

And let me be clear here, I'm not even a Vanilla fanatic and I've only played it via private servers and have no big commitment planned to raid or otherwise, I will be a tourist too... But if Vanilla comes then it needs to be Vanilla, warts and all.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

You are aware that these classic servers are at least 2-4 years away right? I mean, they flat out said in one of the later panels "We were able to get the game to launch and actually work". They went on to talk about current tech and advancements, they had to do a lot of work just to get it to even come on they way they wanted. Continued to remind everyone several times throughout blizzcon that this is in the very very early stages of development. I just don't want to see people getting their hopes up that this is something they can expect soon, b/c it certainly isn't.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrillGates View Post
    Yeah..I did level as a prot warrior.. Had 31 days ish played when i dinged 60. RIP
    classic case of you didnt know wtf you were doing, easy to hit 60 with less than 7 days of in game time

I played a night elf holy priest in vanilla.

I'm probably going to experience the horde side with either a troll shaman, undead rogue, or tauren warrior.

Guys, was druid any good in vanilla? I wanna heal.

Probably warlock, with priest as a close second. I'm weighing the benefits of uncontrolled demons vs. mind control and it's hard to make a decision. I played mage and had a rogue alt on Nostalrius, and a rogue is tempting since I usually play melee and it's the most interesting gameplay in vanilla, but the allure of the gimmicks related to killing the shit out of people in ways that make me laugh like a maniac is just too strong.

The amount of people saying warrior in the poll is pretty funny. If you haven't done it in vanilla, you have no idea what a hellish leveling experience you're in for, and I sure hope you enjoy not tanking raids unless you get lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You don't realise that if you give more "oomph" to underperforming classes that it will hugely affect PVE and PVP balance? It will change the whole landscape of Vanilla, and ultimately make raids far far less difficult. It would ruin the Classic experience everyone is wanting, by everyone I mean the people who genuinely love Vanilla for what it is, and not the tourists who want to ride through it like a Safari in an air-conditioned armoured vehicle.

And let me be clear here, I'm not even a Vanilla fanatic and I've only played it via private servers and have no big commitment planned to raid or otherwise, I will be a tourist too... But if Vanilla comes then it needs to be Vanilla, warts and all.
    I'm sure that the developers can handle giving needy classes a bit of help without 'hugely affecting PVE and PVP balance.' I mean, they've only been doing this for the last 13 years.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    I did that, back when it was current. I won't be doing that again, since compared to what we have now, the game sucked. Balls. Hairy Sweaty Balls.
    That's great,i do not agree and that's fine. I don't blame you for loving current WoW why do you have to blame me for not doing that?
    Jezz...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    classic case of you didnt know wtf you were doing, easy to hit 60 with less than 7 days of in game time
    Yes of course. I LvL'ed alts later on in vanilla with much less /played.
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Depends on whether they make all specs viable and whether they give us updated models as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzFeral View Post
    If mace stuns are a thing, probably a rogue. If lust/hero doesn't give a debuff and windfury is the way it was in classic, a shaman~
    Someone didn't play vanilla

But yeah, if WF is the way it was in vanilla (including the animation!!!), i'll play shaman, otherwise either rogue or warrior (though the pain of autoattack till lvl 30 is still way too real)

lol at the people who commented that they aren't playing

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior or Rogue, both classes I wanted to play in Classic but never got to seriously level either until much later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    lol at the people who commented that they aren't playing
    Haha indeed..
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Druid
    Level as feral. PvP as resto. If I do decide to raid, resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    I'm sure that the developers can handle giving needy classes a bit of help without 'hugely affecting PVE and PVP balance.' I mean, they've only been doing this for the last 13 years.
    Sarcasm? Because they really seem they have no idea what they are doing with balancing (exhibit A: flat 15% buffs/nerfs after every major patch)
    A lot of the classes were underperforming not only because they were terribly designed, but also because they didn't have access to any high end gear with proper itemization.

Deleted
    Rogues .. rogues everywhere.
    I'll probably be a warlock again but who knows .. I may try hunter or mage

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Rogues .. rogues everywhere.
    I'll probably be a warlock again but who knows .. I may try hunter or mage
    I originally polled as Paladin ( my original main ) but odds are I'll probably level at least 2, maybe 3 at one time. Odds are my main will be a Paladin, if for no other reason than to not need a ton of gold for a mount at level 40 lol.

I would like to level a Priest, but Shadow is boring AF and I miss Surge of Light.

Nothing. Once people actually get onto the server and start leveling, they're going to remember they actually don't miss that experience. What people REALLY want is to somehow be lobotomized and make them forget WoW, and be abe to experience starting it again as it just came out. That awesome fun feeling we all had at the beginning. But this isn't going to provide that.