Poll: Do you think Blizzard should/will rebalance classes on vanilla?

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    there is no vanilla private server in existence that has a perfect 100% vanilla experience. and people are happy with them.

ALL private servers have made their own unique changes to better suit the community. the biggest once is that the entire realm stays in patch 1.12.

all private servers have made QoL changes to accomodate 5000 players on a model that was meant for at best 1000.

blizzard WILL make changes. because as they said. It must meet blizzards standards. and blizzard will not find that 96 black lotus a day (at best), but more with AV, will be able to handle the thousands of raid hours a week. (not that flasks are necessary until AQ40 anyway but still)
    You misunderstood what they meant by living up to blizzard standards, they are talking about the game playing smoothly on all levels of hardware and having proper bnet integration with all that entails. They were not talking at all about qol stuff, you made that up in your head. Its going to be a vanilla experience, down to the T.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kurama View Post
    People wanted the original Vanilla experience, that includes the legendary unbalance.
    Thank gaben for that, legendaries should FEEL legendary. You should want to be that guy with thunderfury dancing on the ironforge bank mailbox, this is what drove people to try, and in my opinion is something that should have never left live servers.

There's no way to rebalance them without lifting some other restrictions like 16 debuff slots for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    All they will do is update the graphics so it's on the sc2 engine and leave everything else alone. It'll be like brood war remaster.
    The thing is BW has legendary balance. Vanilla also has legendary balance but in a bad way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Thank gaben for that, legendaries should FEEL legendary. You should want to be that guy with thunderfury dancing on the ironforge bank mailbox, this is what drove people to try, and in my opinion is something that should have never left live servers.
    I was talking about class balance, the unblanace in vanilla was legendary haha.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    why should they? didn't you guys want the real experience? the shitty specs should stay shitty so you can get the real thing. and it will be the bestest thing ever
    Last edited by Aaronioslo; 2017-11-04 at 07:25 AM.

If you're talking strictly numbers and minor changes, yes they should. One of the biggest deal breakers for hybrids was not converting main stats into AP/SP. that's why Shamans and Druids and Paladins almost all healed/buffed in raids.

Obviously they are going to rebalance them. There is no way Blizzard would want their name on something that was intentionally left broken.

Blizzard rebalancing? You'd be better off petitioning casters to get dual wield.

Would they allow new character models toggle though?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Would they allow new character models toggle though?
    I can see this happening.

As for rebalancing classes, never gonna happen. Blizzard finally bought themselves some goodwill by giving us WoW Classic. They're not going to fuck that up by not making it -actually- WoW classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    For it to work long-term they have to rebalance it. No one is going to play for more than a few months once they realize they're shoehorned into healing if they wanna play Priest Pally Shaman or Druid, or being forced to tank as a Warrior. They at least need to rebalance to the point of specs being as viable as they are on regular WoW, I would like to be able to play Enhance Shaman and be useful in PvE.

What I'm more interested in is what patch they'll be using and whether or not it will progress, and how. I imagine not all raids will be available at the beginning, but how will it handle the introduction of abilities that came with BC pre-patch? It was technically Vanilla but it changed balancing massively and added tons of abilities that changed classes entirely. Plus with everything they know about class balancing now, I really don't think they would just drop us into 1.0 and expect people to enjoy it.
    They don't need to. People who love vanilla WoW for what it is will play it for longer than just a few months. People who don't know vanilla WoW and are dissatisfied with the way classes are, can fuck right off and go back to current expansion. You want class balancing and everything to be fair? Go play that. This is for the fans.

Besides, Blizzard has already stated in that interview with PC Gamer that many people leaving WoW Classic within a few months of its release is fully within their expectations. They know exactly what they're doing and that it won't attract millions upon millions of people. That's why they probably decided to do it in the first place, because it won't draw everyone away from the current expansion. It's purely for the core fans who want that vanilla experience.
    Last edited by JustRob; 2017-11-04 at 07:47 AM.

No. I want to play vanilla wow not a bastardized version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    That being a move toward peoples who acclaimed vanilla as the best i don't see why they should change things, rest to be seen what patch they will put on if the last pre bc or another even more old.
    Still they should leave thing how they where, specs, classes, races; no pala for horde, no shaman for alliance (so no bl for alliance raid), no belf and no dranei etc etc.
    OMG. I completely forgot I cant be a blood elf paladin in vanilla.. haha doesn't really matter since paladins were horrible back then anyway.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want the vanilla experience then you have to cope with all of its problems warts and all otherwise it is not vanilla..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    If you want the vanilla experience then you have to cope with all of its problems warts and all otherwise it is not vanilla..
    Now thats just silly, some people want X and some want Y, but hopefully we get a Vanilla experience with small QoL updates.

ROFL @ the salt in this thread. Blizzard will decide what happens, not you, if your subs are paying for it then tough shit, what is it the fanboi's say? "if you don't like it then quit". Personally I want the complete unspoiled version from 2005 not a modern "fast food" version.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I can see this happening.

As for rebalancing classes, never gonna happen. Blizzard finally bought themselves some goodwill by giving us WoW Classic. They're not going to fuck that up by not making it -actually- WoW classic.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't need to. People who love vanilla WoW for what it is will play it for longer than just a few months. People who don't know vanilla WoW and are dissatisfied with the way classes are, can fuck right off and go back to current expansion. You want class balancing and everything to be fair? Go play that. This is for the fans.

Besides, Blizzard has already stated in that interview with PC Gamer that many people leaving WoW Classic within a few months of its release is fully within their expectations. They know exactly what they're doing and that it won't attract millions upon millions of people. That's why they probably decided to do it in the first place, because it won't draw everyone away from the current expansion. It's purely for the core fans who want that vanilla experience.
    thing is far more complicated most peoples who asked for vanilla want the good part but not the bad one, they basically want an alternate universe version of what it was, blizzard fixing thing, balancing etc.

Trash specs are only one of the many flaw, how they gonna solve the 16 debuff problem? How they gonna cope with threat back in the game? Is there still a warrior able to stance dance properly?

And then there are the boss fights, even with all the stat reverted back how entertaining would be a 10y old boss who most players have already beaten to death infinite times with mechanics less challenging than the average modern quest mob?

The question is once blizzard start fixing and manipulating thing when they should stop to remain true to the vanilla spirit?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Small changes will eventually give way to larger one, we can not allow that to happen, everything needs to stay as it was back then, save for a few very specific things.

1 - bugs and exploits, obviously these need to be fixed.

2 - Draw distance, it was a technical limitation at the time, not anymore.

3 - faster content patch speed, we can't expect a release speed equal to the 2004 schedule it needs to be a bit faster, players already know the world and tactics.

Everything else needs to be exactly like 2004 wow, this means everything from the original pre-nerf Ragnaros (that no one actually killed), the original patch cycle and all the changes it brought, the original talent trees, original dungeons with 10-15 man player cap and original UBRS/LBRS with 40 man player cap, original models (or at least the option to use the original models with the old animations), pre-nerf open world content, elite and normal mobs and original XP rates.

So please keep in mind that small changes will eventually lead to bigger changes and the end result might not be what we asked for. We can not let blizzard fuck this up

thing is far more complicated most peoples who asked for vanilla want the good part but not the bad one
    That is your assumption. Stop acting like you know what "people" want. You don't know shit. Maybe, just maybe, the people want the ACTUAL vanilla as it was? Is that so hard to believe?

- - - Updated - - -

Trash specs are only one of the many flaw, how they gonna solve the 16 debuff problem? How they gonna cope with threat back in the game? Is there still a warrior able to stance dance properly?
    They're not going to solve anything, get that through your thick skull. Vanilla's "problems" are PART of vanilla. If you don't like it, go back to the current expansion servers.

- - - Updated - - -

And then there are the boss fights, even with all the stat reverted back how entertaining would be a 10y old boss who most players have already beaten to death infinite times with mechanics less challenging than the average modern quest mob?
    How much fun is killing Garrosh for the 5000th time? Or Archimonde? Or Kil'jaeden? Come on dude, you're not even trying at this point. Just stop being a crybaby and accept that this is happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    That is your assumption. Stop acting like you know what "people" want. You don't know shit. Maybe, just maybe, the people want the ACTUAL vanilla as it was? Is that so hard to believe?
    Its impossible to have the vanilla as it was though.
    First of all, which vanilla version are we discussing? There's so many patch versions of it.
    Second, the vanilla as it was--- was based on progression, this server is by definition based on standing still.
    Third, people change. The average player of MMOs now is many times better than the average player of MMOs back then. This is reflected in behavior, class choice, gear choice, quick thinking, etc.

What Blizzard would need to do to give players what they want is make an actual time machine...

They have two options:
    - Use current state of classes
    - Go back to old (vanilla) state of classes

Anything in between is another set of classes to maintain and balance. Not to mention it will piss off many people. Either go with new, or old.