Thread: L'ura

L'ura

Is there a lore reason why we killed L'ura instead of cleansing her?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Alleria mostly is the sole reason.
    The last time we killed a Darkened Naaru, it turned into a Void God so maybe that's the reason?

Also, cleansing a Naaru is extremely difficult
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Also, cleansing a Naaru is extremely difficult
    i think this was the main reason. The goals of locust walker & Alleria aside, the only one i know of with the power to cleanse her that was reachable was Velen.

its not like our characters can just suck up the void juice with our weapons
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It is extremely rare for a Naaru to be redeemed, far more rare than it is for one to even fall that far into shadow. K'ara and S'aara are the only two Naaru ever known to be recovered from a darkened or Void state. Recovering K'ara in WoD required the sacrifice of Velen to achieve, and S'aara was only recovered by utilizing Azeroth's most powerful Priests all together and with the assistance of one of the mighty Priest Artifacts. L'ura, being deep in enemy territory and in an inaccessible location, didn't really have a cleansing in the cards for her future, sadly.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Fus Ro Yay View Post
    i think this was the main reason. The goals of locust walker & Alleria aside, the only one i know of with the power to cleanse her that was reachable was Velen.

its not like our characters can just suck up the void juice with our weapons
    Xal'atath couldn't? Or would we even want that lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Xal'atath couldn't? Or would we even want that lol.
    I think Xal'atath gets enough feeding in Legion to be honest. I'm actually a bit worried about Xal'atath, Aluneth, and Ulthalesh in the future - all of those weapons have a malevolent sentience within them and it would be singularly bad if it somehow slipped away at some future point.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think Xal'atath gets enough feeding in Legion to be honest. I'm actually a bit worried about Xal'atath, Aluneth, and Ulthalesh in the future - all of those weapons have a malevolent sentience within them and it would be singularly bad if it somehow slipped away at some future point.
    Almost as bad as Azeroth herself giving us a necklace of her essence to defend her and we instead use it to kill each other
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the 3 DK artifacts. Only the Maw of the Damned has any vestige of sentience, but all 3 weapons are extremely dangerous in their own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Almost as bad as Azeroth herself giving us a necklace of her essence to defend her and we instead use it to kill each other
    My understanding is that in BfA Azeroth is dying from Sargeras' wound, and the Heart acts as a way to collect her lifeblood and put it to use. She's past the point of defending, and the best we can hope to do is salvage her remains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    Don't forget the 3 DK artifacts. Only the Maw of the Damned has any vestige of sentience, but all 3 weapons are extremely dangerous in their own right.
    I think all three of the DK Artifact weapons need a wielder and aren't exclusively sentient in the way that Xal'atath, Aluneth, and Ulthalesh are. The Maw of the Damned just has a non-sentient hunger for life - it no longer thinks in any real way outside an endless and gnawing need to consume. Apocalypse and the Blades of the Fallen Prince are just intensely powerful weapons with a bevy of destructive powers. Though I do wonder if some trace of the echoes of Arthas and Ner'zhul remain in the Blades despite having been purged by the Deathlord.

Aluneth is more neutral than evil, thought.
    Still dangerous, anyway.
    Whatever...

15+ Year Old Account
    Aluneth is just a fucking douche. Not evil. And I believe Maw actually talks
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Aluneth is just a fucking douche. Not evil. And I believe Maw actually talks
    I've never heard it talk on my DK - random people only occasionally mention that it "looks hungry" as I pass them. I did forget the Skull of the Man'ari, though; it's pretty yappy but I don't think it's a threat on the same order as the previously mentioned three.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Aluneth is more neutral than evil, thought.
    Still dangerous, anyway.
    Aluneth isn't malevolent in the quite the same manner, true; but it's disdainful appraisal of nearly everything, its capriciousness, and its incessant hunger for magic would definitely put it high on the danger scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    After Xe'ra showed that Naaru are evil as fuck, we'll kill every Naaru we can get our hands on...

THAT'S WHY!

- - - Updated - - -

After Xe'ra showed that Naaru are evil as fuck, we'll kill every Naaru we can get our hands on...

THAT'S WHY!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I've never heard it talk on my DK - random people only occasionally mention that it "looks hungry" as I pass them. I did forget the Skull of the Man'ari, though; it's pretty yappy but I don't think it's a threat on the same order as the previously mentioned three.
    It does - when you kill KJ while wielding it. As far as I know it's the only occurrence (with voice) - "At long last, revenge is mine!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueAbstract View Post
    It does - when you kill KJ while wielding it. As far as I know it's the only occurrence (with voice) - "At long last, revenge is mine!".
    Ah, that's interesting. Haven't done that on my DK as Blood - guess I'll have to at some point just to hear it. Thanks for the info.

Deleted
    That wrap claiming revenge on KJ... That's some interesting lore implications...

Deleted
    Leave my character's husbando alone (and by alone I mean with her :3). No, seriously, I'll miss Aluneth. I hope we can un-staff him.

As to your question about L'ura - most likely she's just a plot device for Alleria and Void Elves.

Ah, that's interesting. Haven't done that on my DK as Blood - guess I'll have to at some point just to hear it. Thanks for the info.
    Once you approach KJ, it also prompts some text on your screen about it tugging at your grip, almost as if it's trying to fly straight at him. But that and the revenge line after you kill him is basically the extent of sentience we've seen from it.