Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BC and Wolk Servers Impending?

Considering the massive money machines and hugely popular status of BC and WotLK, is it safe to assume Classic is a test run for future expansions? To be fair, as much as I look forward to Classic, it wasn't really until The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Licht King that Wow entered its Golden Age. I hope these expansions arrive sooner rather than later.

Surely, classic is just the start. My worries tho are too many people will try and rush through vanilla and not stop to smell the roses, when the roses are the best part...

It really matters how it works out. If vanilla works out I don't doubt BC eventually comes. If BC works out WotLK eventually comes. Could probably even micro tranact like.. taking your vanilla 60 over to the BC realm to push to 70. All kinds of Activision wet dreams.

If it flops (I am not saying it will here, just an if) than clearly it won't happen.

I wish for a WotLK realm. I miss the best iteration of many specs and classes it had.

I feel like they'll do this...

Progress through patches (Blizzard can actually code though so if we progress through patches that MIGHT mean old talent tress, we'll see)
    Once they get to the last patch of each expansion (1.12.1, 2.4.3, 3.3.5 - Stopped here cause the rest are garbage)
    They'll stay there for 4-6 months, offer people the ability to Xfer off of that expansion on it's completed patch, to the next expansion - or, stay there. As long as you please.

Also, Legacy is going to be insanely popular, so they're probably going to start on BC (considering we haven't had good BC private servers that people are DYING to play) and WotLK as well (11.5m sub peak, ofc they'll do WotLK)

I dont think its going to go fast at all, people dont want to play on classic servers to breeze through raids, they want to wallow in it and take it all in, playing all the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I feel like they'll do this...

Progress through patches (Blizzard can actually code though so if we progress through patches that MIGHT mean old talent tress, we'll see)
    Once they get to the last patch of each expansion (1.12.1, 2.4.3, 3.3.5 - Stopped here cause the rest are garbage)
    They'll stay there for 4-6 months, offer people the ability to Xfer off of that expansion on it's completed patch, to the next expansion - or, stay there. As long as you please.

Also, Legacy is going to be insanely popular, so they're probably going to start on BC (considering we haven't had good BC private servers that people are DYING to play) and WotLK as well (11.5m sub peak, ofc they'll do WotLK)
    I agree. I love the option of moving on or staying put, or both (having 2 copies of your characters, one to bask in Classic and another to move on and bask in BC, then the same for WotLK etc)

I would assume if vanilla servers aren't a flop they will roll out TBC servers at some point.

As long as it doesnt take away from current content.

This is precisely why they should go with the idea of "pristine realms" instead of Vanilla c/p.

Good idea to thin out the WOW population over 8 different Versions of the game.

Deleted
    Probably not.

My guess is classic will be remake of WoW based on old game mechanics, map and quests, but using new engine (for better graphics, compatibility with latest operating systems, battle.net integration possibly with new voice system and stuff like that) not carbon copy of old WoW. That could mean expansions for it that continue being MMORPG.

And here we go...

I propably had too much faith in people because I honestly didn't expect threads like this start popping up on day one after announcement.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2017-11-04 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by "Imminent" you mean "getting released within the next 5+ years" then yeah, sure, maybe they are imminent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, next up, BC servers, wrath servers, cata servers, MoP servers, heck, even WoD servers - let's separate all the playerbase.. No wonder Blizzard made it limited for a start.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Probably not.

My guess is classic will be remake of WoW based on old game mechanics, map and quests, but using new engine (for better graphics, compatibility with latest operating systems, battle.net integration possibly with new voice system and stuff like that) not carbon copy of old WoW. That could mean expansions for it that continue being MMORPG.
    It will be interesting to see just exactly what their idea of " classic " is and what they do with it.

I REALLY hope so. GOD how I wish to get to play through wrath and mop.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This is precisely why they should go with the idea of "pristine realms" instead of Vanilla c/p.
    No one will play on pristine realms

I was thinking the same when they announced the vanilla server. What about the others expansions? Theoretically a scaling technic could work for that, but do we need a server for every expansion? I am looking forward on how they are going to deliver all this stuff. optimistic here
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

If classic servers will be successful, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though