Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leak threads/posts. Was anyone right?

Title. Just curious if anyone knows any post(s) that were essentially spot on of the new expansion.

Like how this leak was pretty much spot on for Legion. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post35267612

All i know is ive been saying classic servers were gonna happen years ago, can i get a what what?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

Yes, someone hinted zandalar and new currency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Says “Sorry no matches”.
    warneverchanges is his username

2017-10-27, 12:44 AM:

Sylvanas will take down Teldrassil and Anduin will take down Undercity as retaliation, so each will lose a home city. She could do so because she gets the item (or shards of it) causing that wound on Silithus....who's the last person hitting a PLANET and with WHAT?

And yes, Kultiras & Zandalari, just like Pandaria days. Trust me if you want, we'll see CG next week.

Says “Sorry no matches”.
    Exactly. \10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. The comments doubting it after pretty funny now.
    I didn't even see the comment, and Jericho said the real leak had pretty much been ignored, so he was right about that too, lol.

I think we need to get special credit to the person who called Vol'jin's Urn. The urn is actually in the main characters slide.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Title. Just curious if anyone knows any post(s) that were essentially spot on of the new expansion.

Like how this leak was pretty much spot on for Legion. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post35267612
    Yes early today there was a guy who posted allot of the correct stuff. his friend works at blizzard. He had the factions, zones etc right

Also, Tides of Vengeance made it in.

I recall a leak that I hated a lot. Where horde gets kalimdor, alliance gets eastern kingdoms; horde get zandalar, alliance get kul'tiras. Void elves go alliance and nightborne go horde, and queen azshara would make an appearance. That level scaling would be implemented world-wide and zone revamps happen. People laughed at it. I hoped it wasn't true. It is true.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    There was this "Shadow Fall" Leak which was pretty accurate.
    No.

The Shadowfall leak just copied the Battle for Azeroth leak and added Genki stuff. As such it wasn't particularly accurate.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was the guy who mentioned "Uncharted Island" in his leak.

There was a post on here with I think the wrong xpac name but they listed off all the features correctly. I think it claimed it was from reddit?

It got to the point where everyone was literally throwing out every single idea they could think of in multiple threads. Everyone had bits/pieces of it correct, so yeah, at some point someone did guess right. But were there any legit 100% leaks, no...just ppl talking out of their ass playing the guessing game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post

Yes, there were several leaks listing, in the same place:
    - faction war
    - zandalar and kul tiras together
    - pirates / south seas
    - void elves and nightborne
    They were also the most highly regarded ones.

Not sure how much weight the whole question bears after actual reveal, since the fun is in how all the speculations seem to make sense to us depending on what each of is WANTS to see happen.

5+ Year Old Account
    The name was leaked, but everyone thought it was a dumb name and discarded it.

Seems like it might be a fun trend for devs to actually leak the details of upcoming news as an anonymous person... which is then lost in the masses of other baseless posts.

I know the same thing happened with the TF2 update. Some random reddit user named the update exactly a few months ago. Now they are labeling him as a hero. "We didn't listen!"