Thread: Calling it...

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Calling it...

Most people who cried for vanilla servers will NOT even play it!

Why? Because most vanilla whiners were NOT even born when it was live (if you're an adult and have had that kind of childish behavior for the past years, you should seek medical help).

Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post

Why? Because most vanilla whiners were NOT even born when it was live (if you're an adult and have had that kind of childish behavior for the past years, you should seek medical help).
    While this might be true (we don't know, speculation is a strong word) I'm ready and willing with $15 on hand to resub (hell even $20 or $25) when legacy officially hits servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    While this might be true (we don't know, speculation is a strong word) I'm ready and willing with $15 on hand to resub (hell even $20 or $25) when legacy officially hits servers.
    That's not really the issue at hand. The important question is how many will stay after the first month or two of nostalgia honeymoon?

I'm sure many will give it a try, I'm not so sure most of them will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That's not really the issue at hand. The important question is how many will stay after the first month or two of nostalgia honeymoon?

I'm sure many will give it a try, I'm not so sure most of them will stay.
    I mean Blizzard obviously has a different view on this, they are the ones who announced legacy. If they didn't think it'd be successful, they wouldn't have announced it.

I think most people will check it out but then either find out that the things that made classic such a great game are not coming back just because you can play it now or that the stories about classic being a grindy, time-consuming, unbalanced and often broken mess are actually true. And now you're fucked because you rolled the wrong class.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think most people want to play it for a challenge as current WoW is currently a snooze fest while vanilla had some enemies that can kick your ass while leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    All i know is im gonna make one of a hell of a LAN with my mates. It ll be awesome.

The retention is the real question yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I think most people want to play it for a challenge as current WoW is currently a snooze fest while vanilla had some enemies that can kick your ass while leveling.
    Oooh, that'll be a rude shock to some of the young'uns. I hadn't thought of that, but yeah. The main game's level 1-20 experience involves literally no risk unless you are actively trying to kill yourself. Vanilla starting areas were not as forgiving, and the hit point totals were much, much lower at, say, level 1.

Deleted
    So? And there will be people playing it who didnt ask for it. Whats your point? I guess youre only mad because you've been wrong all the time.
    "If Blizz thinks its making them money they will do it"

99% of people won't make it to 60.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsinger View Post
    Oooh, that'll be a rude shock to some of the young'uns. I hadn't thought of that, but yeah. The main game's level 1-20 experience involves literally no risk unless you are actively trying to kill yourself. Vanilla starting areas were not as forgiving, and the hit point totals were much, much lower at, say, level 1.
    Eh most young people these days are playing games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne so maybe they are looking for something unforgiving. I think people who are falling for the nostalgia hype will be in for a rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by yaj View Post

Cool. You don't want it, don't play it, noone cares.

Man, the naysayers are so butthurt. This is hilarious.

I "cried" for legacy servers because I'm tired of hopping from one corrupt Slavic hellhole to another whenever they inevitably die. I plan on playing this for stability reasons.

How do you know most people who want vanilla weren't even born when it was live? Why would it even matter when you could play vanilla after it was live anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reffan View Post
    Cool. You don't want it, don't play it, noone cares.
    Who the fuck is saying I do not want it?! Can you even read or are you just mentally ill?

Who the fuck is saying I do not want it?! Can you even read or are you just mentally ill?
    That argument you used in the first post is basicly what people who don't want to see vanilla say.

When you make a thread calling out people who wanted something by insulting them and telling them they are not real fans, it is fair to surmise that you yourself are not a fan.

10+ Year Old Account

I loved classic/vanilla but not enough to disregard progress and development.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    99% of people won't make it to 60.
    You may be right, but the great thing is you can still have a blast if you aren't max level. Frankly I'll probably enjoy it more this go around because I'll be less in a hurry to just get to max and will enjoy the experience for what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know how these predictions work. The majority here on MMO-Oracle forums also predicted Blizzard would not even think about adding Vanilla servers.

Oh and Hillary would win by a landslide /trololol