Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Alliance Anyone else lose more respect for the Horde?

I see alot of people mindlessly screaming "For the Horde".

But I'm starting to get huge respect for the Alliance, Anduin is not just handsome, but how he gets tears while he fights is just shows how fucking pure and good he is.

You can say whatever you want about the Alliance, but they always stayed real, be it Varian, Anduin or even Arthas and Jaina. Always beated the Horde but kept them around. The faction was honourable.. sure sometimes they get cocky, but always stayed real.

Just few things that makes me ashamed about the Horde's lore:

1. I've played Highmountain, those Tauren have huge respect for the Night Elves, so what made them join the Horde?

2. Zandalari, who saw the Elves as ancient arch enemies, are now joinin the faction led by many Elves?

3. Orcs still live in capital city that's named of the murdered of Sylvana's mother and brother.

The Alliance never had to deal with this... they get High Elves, Dwarves, Draeneis.. all of them hate Orcs, Trolls. While the Horde getting bunch of races with identity crisis.

Screaming "For the Horde" feels more like an old PVP meme, instead of something serious and something to be proud of.

So, basically, the Horde is actually interesting with diverse races that disagree with each other and struggle to find their place?

And the Alliance is a bunch of goody-2-shoes with no internal problems or personalities at all and a Mary Sue queen leading them who can do no wrong?

Yeah, it's totally the Horde that's bad.

You can't lose something you don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by True Horde View Post
    1. I've played Highmountain, those Tauren have huge respect for the Night Elves, so what made them join the Horde?
    They're also Tauren and probably share a certain affection for other tauren
    2. Zandalari, who saw the Elves as ancient arch enemies, are now joinin the faction led by many Elves?
    Both factions have elves in leadership. One faction has some affinity for trolls... but really it's odd looking back at other interactions with Zandalari trolls.
    3. Orcs still live in capital city that's named of the murdered of Sylvana's mother and brother.
    and?

Deleted
    Not to mention that not that long ago the Zandalari wanted us all dead. But hey, Horde cant be picky with allies LUL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I preferred Anduin in the cinematic over Sylvanas, her "For the Horde" was a little cringe, especially since she's never given two shits about anyone other than her own people (On a good day)
    I actually loved that part, Sylvanas never really trusted or liked the Horde. But know she's the leader and she does inspire her troops

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    So, basically, the Horde is actually interesting with diverse races that disagree with each other and struggle to find their place?

And the Alliance is a bunch of goody-2-shoes with no internal problems or personalities at all and a Mary Sue queen leading them who can do no wrong?

The Horde disagrees, is that supposed to be unique or something? You pretend the Alliance leader never disagrees with each other.

Jaina, Anduin
    Jaina, Arthas
    Arthas, Uther
    Varian, Jaina
    Greymane, Anduin
    Varian, Anduin

What respect? I like the horde because their races look pretty cool, Trolls being my favorite. They've always been the bad guys though, you have to be very biased to not see that.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You can't lose something you don't have.
    Quite so.

Theramore. Never forget.

The Horde disagrees, is that supposed to be unique or something? You pretend the Alliance leader never disagrees with each other.

Jaina, Anduin
    Jaina, Arthas
    Arthas, Uther
    Varian, Jaina
    Greymane, Anduin
    Varian, Anduin
    All I see are humans there. Which is my point. The horde has disagreements between races. The Alliance just gets homogenized into humans and the minions of humans.

If you are "true Horde" I can see why you no longer respect the Horde. Your case pretty much stalls out when you add in that Anduin is handsome, like that somehow matters at all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I preferred Anduin in the cinematic over Sylvanas, her "For the Horde" was a little cringe, especially since she's never given two shits about anyone other than her own people (On a good day)
    As opposed to Anduin tearing up and looking like he's having an orgasm? Followed by a suspiciously colored fountain of....something...all over his troops?

Not sure how the QC team missed that.....

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a load of shit.

Watching the cinematic I saw Tauren, Orcs and Trolls all united behind their leader to defend the Undercity. I have even more respect for them now.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    All I see are humans there. Which is my point. The horde has disagreements between races. The Alliance just gets homogenized into humans and the minions of humans.
    And 4/6 of these aren't even relevant, due to being A - not even Alliance to begin with (Arthas/Uther), or B - dead. Or, actually, both.

For all the moping and whining Alliance players do about baaaaw Southshore and baaaaw Theramore, it's the Horde that has lost more (in terms of lore characters and iconic locations) and has had more upheaval and interesting storytelling, with actual changes of power and conflicts involved. Alliance is all about "hush Tyrande", and young queen Anduin looking like a mopey Brad Pitt expy in the vid and being lectured by older men.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They finally brought back the whole "Old Horde" back in the picture instead of just Worgen vs Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    My respect for the Horde kind of depends on the content of the next novel, "Before the Storm." If Sylvanas does indeed attack Stormwind out of naked aggression and thus re-ignites the faction war I'll lose respect. If the conflict is somehow revealed to mutual I'll just be annoyed. If it is somehow engineered by a third party (N'Zoth, the Void, etc. etc.) then I'll just grin and bear it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Sounds like a load of shit.

Watching the cinematic I saw Tauren, Orcs and Trolls all united behind their leader to defend the Undercity. I have even more respect for them now.
    Respect and horde do not go hand in hand.

I'd probably have an orgasm too if I was mere moments away from defeating an evil lady who seemingly wronged my big chin daddy.

It was a little weird, and I surprisingly liked it more than Sylvanas's part. Which is odd because she's my second favorite character
    I think I liked Saurfang's reaction more, to be honest. But it's good to see Sylvanus actually laying the smack down. She's come a long way from getting sucker-punched and killed by a single bullet from Godfrey.

Deleted
    No.

1. People need to stop saying why does x race join x faction. We have to unlock them. there will be a quest explaining it.

2. The Zandalari are desperate, their island (was/still is?) sinking and they failed miserably in two campaigns. Horde is built by desperate races who join out of need. Horde needs a fleet and Zandalari need saving, perfect fit.

(Pure speculation time, Zandalari are fighting the Blood Trolls. Loa of Blood is Hakkar. my guess is Hakkar is leading the Blood Trolls and Zul will side with him. this means we get to kill Zul and effectively put the evil Zandalari plot to rest).

3. That was years ago. friendships and circumstances change.

- - - Updated - - -

While the Horde getting bunch of races with identity crisis
    Thats been the Horde since Warcraft 3!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    As opposed to Anduin tearing up and looking like he's having an orgasm? Followed by a suspiciously colored fountain of....something...all over his troops?

Not sure how the QC team missed that.....
    Anduin's face doesn't look happy at all to me, to be honest. When he gets back up from being knocked prone he looks horrified at the battlefield around him, with a hint of a confusion that seems to convey "why is all this happening?" But seeing his soldiers in dire straits forces him to swallow that confused horror and act, summoning the Light and healing his companions. Sylvanas' smirk at seeing the battle re-joined is also questionable to me - as if she has some ulterior motive in seeing the battle resume, or perhaps it's just a reflection of her love for combat or conflict.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account

give this guy a cookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.