Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    A bloodthirsty dog that’s after an undead creature that killed his son, poisoned his kingdom(and the lands around her”kingdom”) with a plague that ruins the environment and refuses to allow people to clean it up, keep in mind this undead has shown interest (confirmed in the book released so far) of attacking the alliance first(again assuming she didn’t blow up that stupid treehouse of the elves first)
    It's funny how people forget all the heinous shit Genn did before Cataclysm and Legion made him out to be some kind of hero.

Refused to actually support the Alliance of Lordaeron, only sending a small token force of troops to help fight the orcs during the Second War, then seceded from the Alliance because he didn't like paying for the internment camps, which caused a civil war to erupt in Gilneas between Genn and the royals and Crowley and his Alliance loyalist rebels. Withdrew behind the walls of Gilneas while the Alliance of Lordaeron suffered their fate at the hands of the Scourge. Ordered Arugal to summon the worgen to hold the Scourge at bay, causing the outbreak of the worgen curse in Gilneas.

The Forsaken (aka undead Lordaeronians) have every reason to resent and hate the Gilneans for abandoning Lordaeron to hide behind their walls. They were haughty seclusionist cowards as far as anyone in the Alliance of Lordaeron are concerned. Varian Wrynn even spat in Genn's eye when he showed up in Stormwind begging to join the Alliance.

And frankly, if not for some night elf meditation magic bullshit, the worgen would be no better than the fel orcs: bloodthirsty monsters with cursed blood pulsing through their veins, some even volunteering for it.

It's all incredibly hypocritical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Not exactly. Unlike a priest, a paladin's entire body is filled with the light. And some of the first paladins, such as Uther were warriors, not priests.
    So Turalyon was simply infused with the Light again in the audio drama?

And which Naaru exactly slammed the Light juice into the paladins?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Sylvanas can be a Dark Ranger, which doesn't exist in game, can't Anduin just be a Cleric?
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    So Turalyon was simply infused with the Light again in the audio drama?

And which Naaru exactly slammed the Light juice into the paladins?

What I am referring to might indeed have been uber retconned, as I am going off the tides of darkness book. In there*, you kind of follow Turalyon's passage from priesthood into paladinhood and they strongly emphasize him having to accept the light into his body/being in a far deeper or at least more physical way than he did as a priest. My take on lightforging is that it is more of a branding by a specific light being (in this case Xe'ra) but I might be way off on that.

*According to my memory, it's been a few years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Oh right, I wasn't sure if it was Magni anymore, because there was this scene with one of the dwarves dying in a crumbled building and Anduin being really sad about that, so I wasn't sure if that was the teacher. And that couldn't have been Magni ofc ^^

And I'm just going to think, you actually meant the light in your last sentence
    You're thinking of the dwarf lass Aerin who became Anduins trainer.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

What's so hard to understand about this? -_-" Anduin in the future will just become an ultimate light user. He will not care about your named abilities in game. I have always viewed priest as a class that is more knowledgeable about the light as a force in all aspects than paladins. They just don't translate their power into various melee combat techniques. Anduin fits that nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    What's so hard to understand about this? -_-" Anduin in the future will just become an ultimate light user. He will not care about your named abilities in game. I have always viewed priest as a class that is more knowledgeable about the light as a force in all aspects than paladins. They just don't translate their power into various melee combat techniques. Anduin fits that nicely.
    lel paladins are priests trained by warriors in art of arms.. like uther was trained by lothar
    Last edited by Ianus; 2017-11-05 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    lel paladins are priests trained by warriors in art of arms.. like uther was trained by lothar
    That kind of outdated definition simply does not work anymore because it will just imply that paladin is an upgraded priest. It's a definition born out of desperate time in the world at war. After the arrival of Velen, being a priest does not simply mean a light user who can not fight in melee. There are techniques used by priests and not paladin and vice versa.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-11-05 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelmandan View Post
    i find that he "hero" bull crap can't be two things a priest with plate armor and sword and have paladin powers but a priest.
    Lore doesn't abide by in-game limitations...

If you could use facepalm emojis here, this would be the perfect time.

Illidan is a mage and a dh.

Thrall is a warrior and a shaman.

Rexxar is a warrior and hunter.

Tyrande is a priest and a hunter.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-11-05 at 06:03 AM.

That kind of outdated definition simply does not work anymore because it will just imply that paladin is an upgraded priest. It's a definition born out of desperate time in the world at war. After the arrival of Velen, being a priest does not simply mean a light user who can not fight in melee. There are techniques used by priests and not paladin and vice versa.
    techniques you are talking about are just ways to distinguish classes for gameplay reasons, in lore there isn't clear cut..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Well the plate armor and sword didnt stop him being as pathetic as usual in the fight. The just let him pull some OP light ability out of his ass way beyond what he should be capable of tho because "hero"
    He pulled a Power Word: Barrier out of his ass, not some OP light ability.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

techniques you are talking about are just ways to distinguish classes for gameplay reasons, in lore there isn't clear cut..
    It's clear cut that a paladin do not use mind control nor mind vision.

It's clear cut that a paladin do not use mind control nor mind vision.
    thats gameplay in game, that doesn't translate in lore, same shit as shadow priests actually shouldnt exist and they dont in lore

I was hopping when anduins bubble came out he would hearth out leaving his troops behind

thats gameplay in game, that doesn't translate in lore, same shit as shadow priests actually shouldnt exist
    That translates in lore because Anduin has used mind control before in an actual story scenario. Shadow priest also isn't just game mechanic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lots of characters in WoW have had more of a unique standing. Best I could say was Vol'jin who was a combination of several classes like a Shaman, Warrior, and a Hunter.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

He is trying to imitate his father.
    The sword, the heavy armor and the mask to hide his childish face and tears.

However he obviously is not a warrior since he got his ass kicked.
    But he is a pretty good priests and velen surely taught him a lot of stuff.

That translates in lore because Anduin has used mind control before in an actual story scenario. Shadow priest also isn't just game mechanic.
    and he is priest so? he is warrior priest aka could be paladin but blizz says its grey area so he is priest and i can accept that.. why you cant accept that priest with arms can be paladin..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    Lots of characters in WoW have had more of a unique standing. Best I could say was Vol'jin who was a combination of several classes like a Shaman, Warrior, and a Hunter.
    exactly thats my point

10+ Year Old Account
    thats gameplay in game, that doesn't translate in lore, same shit as shadow priests actually shouldnt exist and they dont in lore
    Benedictus doesn't exist in lore?

and he is priest so? he is warrior priest aka could be paladin but blizz says its grey area so he is priest and i can accept that.. why you cant accept that priest with arms can be paladin..

A paladin is a paladin. I just don't accept the definition that a priest who pick up a sword suddenly is a paladin. You must be trained in a certain way to become a paladin. The line between priest and paladin certainly is more than sword or no sword.