Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alt-Right Twitter Celebrity Revealed to be from Propaganda Farm

Jenna Abrams’ tweets were beloved, at times, by both the alt-right and the celebrity blogosphere. Now, Congressional investigators have confirmed that her Twitter account was actually run out of St. Petersburg, Russia’s infamous troll farm.

Abrams’ tweets were published everywhere from InfoWars to USA Today and Sputnik to The Washington Post, and high-profile users like Roseanne Barr, Abrams also had a personal website, a Gmail account, a Medium account and a GoFundMe page.

Congressional investigators working with social-media companies have since confirmed that Abrams wasn’t who she said she was.
    Her account was the creation of employees at the Internet Research Agency
    , or the Russian government-funded “troll farm,” in St. Petersburg.
    Jenna Abrams, the freewheeling American blogger who believed in a return to segregation and said that many of America’s problems stemmed from PC culture run amok, did not exist.
    But Abrams got very real attention from almost any national news outlet you can think of, according to a Daily Beast analysis of her online footprint.

Abrams, who at one point boasted nearly 70,000 Twitter followers, was featured in articles written by Bustle, U.S. News and World Report, USA Today, several local Fox affiliates, InfoWars, BET, Yahoo Sports, Sky News, IJR, Breitbart, The Washington Post, Mashable, New York Daily News, Quartz, Dallas News, France24, HuffPost, The Daily Caller, The Telegraph, CNN, the BBC, Gizmodo, The Independent, The Daily Dot, The Observer, Business Insider, The National Post, Refinery29, The Times of India, BuzzFeed, The Daily Mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not surprised, the entire twittersphere is a farm for fucking the anonymous and critically fucking stupid.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    What if in the end, entire alt-right never actually existed and all of them were just some kinds of russian trolls or somesuch and left side fell for made-up enemy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    What if in the end, entire alt-right never actually existed and all of them were just some kinds of russian trolls or somesuch and left side fell for made-up enemy?
    I don't think the left would be who "fell" for anything considering followers of the alt-right are actually protesting in streets. If you want to point fingers, look at the alt-right members that fell for Russian propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I don't think the left would be who "fell" for anything considering followers of the alt-right are actually protesting in streets. If you want to point fingers, look at the alt-right members that fell for Russian propaganda hook, line, and sinker.
    Lol you’re serious aren’t you? No one on the left falls for propaganda?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    This...specific...propaganda....that...the thread is about. Sorry, got bored trying to go slow for you. Not to mention the post I quoted was about "alt-right" being real or not. Calm your outrage and actually read something before posting next time.

This...specific...propaganda....that...the thread is about. Sorry, got bored trying to go slow for you. Not to mention the post I quoted was about "alt-right" being real or not. Calm your outrage and actually read something before posting next time.
    “I don’t think the left would be who fell for anything”

There was also pro Hillary Russian propaganda on social media

“I don’t think the left would be who fell for anything”

There was also pro Hillary Russian propaganda on social media
    I don't think the left would be who "fell" for anything considering followers of the alt-right are actually protesting in streets.
    In response to

Bolded for emphasis. Quote mining is just silly considering we are the only posts in this thread. Like, seriously, READ THE CONVERSATION.

Yes there was, but this is about alt-right aligned Russian trolls so why does that matter? Go make your own thread about that shit instead of trying to hand wave the thread away from your side.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2017-11-03 at 08:32 PM.

Is reading comprehension hard for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Meaning is encoded into words, and those words are then decoded back into meaning by the recipient.

To put it mildly, you're having difficulties with the latter half of the transfer.

As I've mentioned before, I don't know specifics about Russian troll farms, but I can comment on marketers. I know for a fact that many of them jumped into this presidential race feeling extremely excited. It was easy pickings. I can't count how many fake accounts they've set up to profit from all this nonsense. One of the favorites and most profitable was latina or black female Trump supporters. Hundreds of thousands of fake personas have been created in the past few years just because of politics. Who knows how many billions of spam/trolling comments/messages/posts/tweets etc...

And that's just people trying to make money. They don't actually care about the US or either party. If it's that fucking easy for them then there's no reason why a country like Russia couldn't wreak havoc. At this point we know they did for a fact.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2017-11-03 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense that people who might be more susceptible to fake news, would also fall hard for fake tits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alt right celebrity turns out to be from a Russian troll farm. Is anyone surprised?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    If those people fell for Russian propaganda, then they aren't 'real' alt-right, right? They are just gullible (dumb) victims, not a real threat. And yet, didn't so-called 'left' lose its' mind for a year by now over how threatened we are by al-right, together with nationalists, populists, nazis and whomnot?

Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    If those people fell for Russian propaganda, then they aren't 'real' alt-right, right? They are just gullible (dumb) victims, not a real threat. And yet, didn't so-called 'left' lose its' mind for a year by now over how threatened we are by al-right, together with nationalists, populists, nazis and whomnot?
    In the situation you are trying to describe, the only people that fell for anything were alt-right people that were enticed by Russian propaganda. If the alt-right was fake before Russians started the movement, as your original idea claimed, then right wing people fell for it and made the movement a real thing. Then the left reacted to its existence, thus the left never fell for anything in your scenario.

It is an... okay... attempt to try to make the "left" look bad, I admit, but it really falls flat when you follow the breadcrumbs. Bitch about the left for real things, like those who believed the golden showers thing the moment the information was out there. But to try to divert this story to being "lol Liburals" is just silly, but would make stretch armstrong proud!
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2017-11-03 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    In the situation you are trying to describe, the only people that fell for anything were alt-right people that were enticed by Russian propaganda. If the alt-right was fake before Russians started the movement, as your original idea claimed, then right wing people fell for it and made the movement a real thing. Then the left reacted to its existence, thus the left never fell for anything in your scenario.

It is an... okay... attempt to try to make the "left" look bad, I admit, but it really falls flat when you follow the breadcrumbs. Bitch about the left for real things, like those who believed the golden showers thing the moment the information was out there. But to try to divert this story to being "lol Liburals" is just silly, but would make stretch armstrong proud!
    I actually don't know what this golden shower is about. But I act on the limited experience about politics I got from the internet. And narrowed to this case it comes down to anyone related to anything even remotely related to left losing their mind over entire world becoming populist, alt-right, nazi and whatnot. And yet - I'm yet to experience them, being on the internet so much. Maybe they exist only in Reddit? I admit that I don't even try to get 'real' info, but if I don't, think how many more 'worse' than myself must be out there, who actually do vote.

Look, I could probably say just as much bad things about the 'right', but I kinda just accepted their inability to be smart. But I do not accept the same from better educated, 'left' part of society.

We are generally smarter though and we aren't afraid of our own shadows.

Isn't this rich? I wonder what the 'red-pilled' 4chan people will express about this.

look at the alt-right members that fell for Russian propaganda hook, line, and sinker.
    If you want my opinion, anyone who "fell" for Russian propaganda saw stuff they already wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    It makes sense that people who might be more susceptible to fake news, would also fall hard for fake tits.

fall hard. one upvote. hell yeah they fell so hard for it. . .