Tanari and Wastewander Bandits

Something that isn't uncommon (at least on Moon Guard) are Tanari roleplayers, basically a fan-created culture of nomadic humans in Tanaris (and other parts of Southern Kalimdor). Since it's fanon, different roleplayers seem to have different takes on how their humans got to Tanaris. Some go with the idea that Pre-Third War a group of humans discovered and were able to colonize Tanaris, developing their own culture. Others go with the ideal that their characters were born in the Eastern Kingdoms or South Seas and later traveled to Tanaris after the Third War.

There are actually Middle Eastern-themed humans in Tanaris called Wastewander Bandits, led by Caliph Scorpidsting and Warlord Ihsenn. Wowpedia says they're actually marooned pirates that basically developed a culture off of plundering and looting goblin cartels and capturing water sources.

What do you think of Tanari roleplayers? Do you think that Tanari roleplayers are following established canon to some degree or do you think it's sort of just universally accepted fanon?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am rather annoyed by them because on Wyrmrest Accord at least it's not uncommon for them to RP like their culture has existed for generations and that they were born there which just spits in the face of lore. I tend to avoid those kinds of Tanari roleplayers. Which again on my server is almost all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I am rather annoyed by them because on Wyrmrest Accord at least it's not uncommon for them to RP like their culture has existed for generations and that they were born there which just spits in the face of lore. I tend to avoid those kinds of Tanari roleplayers. Which again on my server is almost all of them.
    Yeah, maybe it would make sense if they were descendents of let's say pirates or sailors that became stranded on some small, deserted island in the South Seas and gradually settled with the descendants of the settlers moving to Kalimdor. It's fanon, but at least it doesn't contradict lore.