Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Ask blizzard, not me, there sure must have been a reason for removing stuff.

I wanted an unarmored mount in vanilla, but couldn't cause I didn't get 1000 gold quick enough but I don't complain about it.
    So why is it a issue that they returned? I mean why does it offend you so much? I guess if you don't want them, then don't buy them?

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Black Male Adult? First thing on urban dictionary
    Out of context, sure.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

No. No interconnection between classic and live, WHATSOEVER. Well, apart from bnet integration that is probably required.

I'm pretty sure classic servers will behave the same way that the retail and PTR servers behave.

I highly doubt classic and live will be connected in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Fair point on them not wanting to "force" completionists to roll on a classic server. But if so I'm left wondering what is going to keep the average player engaged in classic if the rewards aren't adequate. If forums are anything to go by, the average player complains for virtually anything, and vanilla was full of obstacles and void of comfort.
    The point isn't to keep the average player playing. They want the average player playing the current version of the game. They have already more-or-less acknowledged this with the fact they have already announced an intent to keep the servers running, regardless of the player count. You don't have to make that announcement if you think the game is going to a huge success for years.
    Last edited by volescue; 2017-11-09 at 10:08 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    So why is it a issue that they returned? I mean why does it offend you so much? I guess if you don't want them, then don't buy them?
    Because getting old stuff in classic for the main game shouldn't be a reason to play it.

They already brought back tier 3 and plagued protodrake, grand marshal titles etc.

If they wanted more stuff to come back, they wouldve done already and put the old mounts in ZG/ZA instead of recolors.

It doesn't offend me at all, but classic should remain classic, and seperate.

Like come on, I had all this gear in the past that I disenchanted/vendored before legion added transmog collection, I am not gonna ask blizzard to bring that back either.

Reason to play classic should be to PLAY it, not as an extension to Legion/BFA collections.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-09 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they don't do this. I don't want them to make those who are not interested in playing Classic to feel like they have to play it to unlock things for the retail game. That'd be really lame.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Anything earned on Classic realms should stay there and never be transferred to Live realms.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me Vanilla servers are a massive waste of development time.
    As mentioned, classic and live will be seperated and dont share anything (mounts, transmog etc.). So i think the whole thing will be dead in 2-4 months after release.

I dont get the point why the community wants classic servers.
    I play wow since release and totally loved vanilla but that was due to the fact that all was new and exciting and special.
    Today wow players are lazy, queuing for dungeons, rushing them, consuming world of warcraft in a way that is completely different than it was in classic.

So my call is: thousands of wow players will start on the classic servers and stop playing when they are hitting ~level 40 (which took me atleast 3 weeks in classic) because it took them to long to get to full level or grind out for equipment because there were no free epics.

100% Achievements - "Warlords of Draenor Edition" - 03.02.2016 - 05:52 CET
    Hunter Armory | Guild: Gambit (German) | Sellruns / Boosts (German)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because getting old stuff in classic for the main game shouldn't be a reason to play it.

They already brought back tier 3 and plagued protodrake, grand marshal titles etc.

If they wanted more stuff to come back, they wouldve done already and put the old mounts in ZG/ZA instead of recolors.

It doesn't offend me at all, but classic should remain classic, and seperate.

Like come on, I had all this gear in the past that I disenchanted/vendored before legion added transmog collection, I am not gonna ask blizzard to bring that back either.

Reason to play classic should be to PLAY it, not as an extension to Legion/BFA collections.
    Obviously it does offend you since you care enough what OTHER people can get.

And who are you to decide the reasons why someone wants to play classic or not?

Deleted
    There should be no connection. People who play new vanilla shouldn't get archives or exclusive mounts on there live chars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    The point isn't to keep the average player playing. They want the average player playing the current version of the game. They have already more-or-less acknowledged this with the fact they have already announced an intent to keep the servers running, regardless of the player count. You don't have to make that announcement if you think the game is going to a huge success for years.
    It will be a dead thing in a couple of years blizz know this hence the statement about keeping that server running no matter the pop

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

And who are you to decide the reasons why someone wants to play classic or not?
    Back at you , who are you to decide the classic game should have new shit in it or not. (collecting transmog/mounts)

Personal opinion, deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back at you to decide the classic game should have new shit in it.

Personal opinion, deal with it.
    What new shit? So you DON'T want Naxx 40 and the older ZG and epic mounts in the game? that doesn't' sound like Vanilla WoW to me.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What new shit? So you DON'T want Naxx 40 and the older ZG and epic mounts in the game? that doesn't' sound like Vanilla WoW to me.
    I want them in the Vanilla 1.x game, I don't want them to transfer to Legion/BfA/9.0 or whatever.

If it's based off 1.12, it shouldn't have the unarmored mounts either.

If it's based off 1.1 and progressive, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want them in the Vanilla 1.x game, I don't want them to transfer to Legion/BfA/9.0 or whatever.
    Why do you care what people get in BFA if your not fucking playing it? Narcissism? It has no bearing on your fun or game play whatsoever. Not sure what you would call this kind of insanity.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care what people get in BFA if your not fucking playing it? Narcissism? It has no bearing on your fun or game play whatsoever. Not sure what you would call this kind of insanity.
    Not gonna argue with someone who makes up stuff out of thin air, who are you to say I don't play BfA or Classic? I never said that...
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-09 at 05:07 PM.

Getting something in classic and it unlocking in current wow is one of the few things that makes sense. That would only expand upon the potential player base for those servers. Tack on special achievements for having it previously, or from the past. They have made many things that were rare now obtainable in current wow. Such as lvl 60 PvP gear for transmog or old tier sets being in the black market ah.

I mean, to me at least, its the only logical conclusion when you combine the fact that a Lot is being lost. Including balancing changes and each spec actually being viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheRock View Post
    To me it just makes the OP sound like an entitled child. Those things (and many others) are gone OP. Deal with it and start afresh in a Classic server, that is the whole point of it.

If they were to transfer something between games (wich they won't) it would make 10x more sense to transfer Vanilla achievs and FoSs from live to Classic.
    how would that make sense at all considering achievements dont exist in classic and 90% of the other mounts/pets/etc dont exist either

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna argue with someone who makes up stuff out of thin air, who are you to say I don't play BfA or Classic? I never said that...
    So how does someone getting the old ZG tiger mount in classic mode or a full set of Frostfire effect you while you are playing BFA? I am still at a loss as to why you care.