Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Isn't his also speculation to assume that he wasn't done? he had shot the shot from the outside and just came out from the inside anything after that is us assuming what would have happened. Most shooters have spare ammo just in case that doesn't mean they will or plan to use them.
    Yes it is. I have not said, he saved lives! I said, the ones intervening may have saved lives. But one thing is certain. He was not going to harm anyone else after the two intervened.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Most reports says ''he left the church THEN was shot at'' (I certainly hope that even in Texas, it's uncalled for to sit in a church pew with an AR-15...)
    Many churches and synagogues have armed guards. Though for Christian churches, it's typically only the bigger ones that can afford the armed security. They are more like the "air marshal" types where you would never know they were armed unless something went down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The shooter's mother in law attended the church. Why he tried to kill the whole congregation instead of just her is another question. Maybe to obscure his identity? If he would've just killed her, he would've been an obvious suspect.
    I do not think his goal was just to get her.

I mean, it's not very complicated isn'it ? A mass killing ''stopped'' by someone after 26 death and 20 wounded (which, considering the size of the congregation and the building, presumably amount to ''an awful percentage of people inside the church)is not a very good proof of ''GOOD GUYS WITH GUNS'' stopping killing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Many churches and synagogues have armed guards. Though for Christian churches, it's typically only the bigger ones that can afford the armed security. They are more like the "air marshal" types where you would never know they were armed unless something went down.
    Whopping success if he was an armed guard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post

WHAT!? It's "not okay" to think that?? Are you completely retarded now? You're also completely missing the part where I said that a constitution, a man made piece of paper, is NOT the god-sent end of all rights and morals and can and should be subject to change. In fact, as far as I know, it even states IN ITSELF that it should be updated as needed with times changing. Is THAT bit now irrelevant all of a sudden? MAN you're obtuse. I've seen some real shit on these forums, but you really take the crown. Pinnacle of despicable.
    It is remarks like those which get you on a person's ignore list. You are not worth the time and effort to even have a discussion with. Come back when you grow up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not think his goal was just to get her.
    It was to get her and make her last moments with her church family sheer terror, because she loved them more than he.

There was no one armed inside that Church. You just seemed surprised that anyone would carry a gun in a Church. If someone was armed inside the Church, less people would be dead and wounded right now, so you make a good argument for more good guys carrying guns.

I mean, it's not very complicated isn'it ? A mass killing ''stopped'' by someone after 26 death and 20 wounded (which, considering the size of the congregation and the building, presumably amount to ''an awful percentage of people inside the church)is not a very good proof of ''GOOD GUYS WITH GUNS'' stopping killing.

- - - Updated - - -

However, as was pointed out earlier. firearms aren't allowed in churches my friend. That is why they are prime targets.

A great example of a country that has an EXTREMELY low gun violence rate is Switzerland. So low it doesn't even register. And guess what? Every male is required to own a gun when they reach 18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several churches do not allow firearms within the sanctuary. Personally I would not attend one which did not allow myself to carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    However, as was pointed out earlier. firearms aren't allowed in churches my friend. That is why they are prime targets.

A great example of a country that has an EXTREMELY low gun violence rate is Switzerland. So low it doesn't even register. And guess what? Every male is required to own a gun when they reach 18.
    Are you advocating for the gun laws from Switzerland? because I think most of us would be 100% for that. I don't think you know what you are asking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you advocating for the gun laws from Switzerland? because I think most of us would be 100% for that. I don't think you know what you are asking.
    He does. And most reasonable pro gun rights people are not against reasonable gun control improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    He was shot while he was inside the church, about to kill the people in the last pew row. There's an interview on CNN with the son of the lady he was about to kill before he was shot and ran outside to confront the guy that shot him. He was there to ensure that his grandmother in law died in sheer terror next to her church family, just like he terrorized his puppy and his infant step son. He was an insecure man who wanted to show his ex wife who's boss and who will be remembered.
    That is they way many of them are my friend.

He does. And most reasonable pro gun rights people are not against reasonable gun control improvements.
    Then there's nothing to argue, it's 100% possible to keep the second amendment while stopping mass shootings from being so commonplace. The people who want to take away all guns are extremists and frankly not being realistic.

Sure, they require each and every male upon reaching the age of 18 to join the armed forces. I think it would do our youth some good. It might teach them some discipline. It certainly did me.
    I know it will never happen but one can always "wish". Sadly, most people in the world wouldn't be able to handle the military life, either physically or mentally.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-11-07 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then there's nothing to argue, it's 100% possible to keep the second amendment while stopping mass shootings from being so commonplace. The people who want to take away all guns are extremists and frankly not being realistic.
    There is still going to be plenty to debate on how far more gun control laws should go.

There is still going to be plenty to debate on how far more gun control laws should go.
    We can always argue about how far laws go, my only problem is with people who argue that nothing should be done except thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I have no issues with being ignored by someone who doesn't even comprehend basic humanitas on the most basic levels. People like you may as well be dead to me, and being ignored is at least part of the effect. I welcome you to. You may remove me from that lovely list the day you had an epiphany and realized that you've been a really shitty being. (Probably never, but one can always hope.) Print out your precious constitution and choke on it.
    I think my favorite part is where you prepared and published that scathing response after you were told you were being ignored. =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. What the right is afraid of is actual law enforcement agencies, both local, state, and federal being given the opportunity to inject their policy prescriptions into state and national floor debate, because they experience the flood of firearms and how it affects their communities on a daily basis. Throw in some statistical inference and scientific studies on firearm violence, you have the right-wing meltdown of the century when "good guys with a gun" cannot be used to falsify firearm violence data.

I think my favorite part is where you prepared and published that scathing response after you were told you were being ignored. =)
    Except he wasn't since you read it and responded. As well know being "ignored" are mostly empty threats.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can always argue about how far laws go, my only problem is with people who argue that nothing should be done except thoughts and prayers.
    I agree with you on that. We should not just think everything is fine the way things are. I once thought that. But it was later after much consideration and knowledge of the existing laws and short comings of some of them, which made me think there is for sure, more we can do.