Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n8four View Post
    I think some people aren't looking into this fight correctly. Sylvanas's opening speech tells a lot about what is happening, as does her and Anduin's face. Neither of them want total annihilation of the other, just to become the strongest fighting force for Azeroth.
    I took Sylvanas' smirk to mean, "You'd make a great Forsaken."

Quote Originally Posted by KevtheWise View Post
    Do you have prove of this?
    See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Blizzard said that UC is in ruins but not defensible for the Alliance.

Shipping Sylvanas with Anduin. Wonder how the sex scene would play out.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    If Sylvanas has just ordered her forces to camp underneath Undercity than the Alliance would secure all exists, trapping the Horde forces inside or even worse destroy the entrances so the Horde gets trapped either way.
    thank you!!

some people are so blinded by their hate for sylvanas that they end up sounding like dumbasses when they're trying to act smart

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Shipping Sylvanas with Anduin. Wonder how the sex scene would play out.
    Anduin goes in the backdoor while thinking of Wrathion, Sylvanas screams like a Banshee while thinking of Nathanos.

Horde had too many DPS and tanks qued for the battle. The Alliance had the one healer of the entire battle.

Only thing Horde COULD Do at this point in time is try to break the enemy lines and basically b-line the fuck out of dodge. Hence where battle of azeroth comes in and we are fighting over Arathi Basin / Stormgarde
    Last edited by Talsorc; 2017-11-07 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Derped

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Yeah, your not a fanboy of Anduin or anything. No way.

Nothing more inept than your suggestion of locking themselves in Undercity. Yeah, totally, all I saw was a bunch of Undead in that cinematic. No Orcs, Tauren, or Trolls.. nah, I didn't see any. They would've been fine, considering they can't get sic- oh wait. You have a real talent for strategy. /sarcasm

The sound strategy would be to eliminate Genn like the dog he is, and just watch the Alliance fall apart. Make him a HVT. Anduin was too busy crying.
    I'm not a big fan of Sylvanas or Anduin. I just appreciate that the Alliance showed some tactical acumen in the cinematic (such as using shields, lots of ranged support, siege weaponry and organised formations). I will admit that Anduin and Genn being so close to the front lines is pretty dumb.

Killing Genn would accomplish very little in the short run as only a small portion of that massive army would even realise that he was dead. All it would achieve is getting the Horde forces who made that push killed after they wind up deep behind the enemy lines and surrounded by a much more numerous force. In the long run, he would become a martyr which would simply strengthen the Alliance's resolve. Don't forget that Genn has a daughter who is capable of being just as bloodthirsty as him.

I retract the part about the Forsaken being perfect for defending in a siege as I forgot that mages exist. In actuality, any civilisation capable of conjuring food and portals would be able nigh unbeatable as long as their fortifications held as it would be impossible to starve them of men and resources. So yes, Sylvanas (or whoever planned out that cinematic) had a serious case of plot induced stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Talsorc View Post
    Only thing Horde COULD Do at this point in time is try to break the enemy lines and basically b-line the fuck out of dodge. Hence where battle of azeroth comes in and we are fighting over Arathi Basin / Stormgarde
    There's no way they could break through all that. As I said earlier, they would have had a decent chance of holding out until reinforcements arrived or simply portaling out if they had used their fortifications intelligently.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2017-11-07 at 02:49 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's drop the strange sexual conversation and return to the original topic of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Yeah. Y'all are creepy af. Let's stay on topic and discuss the important issues.

Like God-king Manduin continuing his father's time honored legacy of invading the ever loving shit out of Undercity.

Quote Originally Posted by Acemi View Post
    Also in the Novel Warcrimes, Jaina died (from an arrow i think) and Chi ji resurrected her.
    Jaina also let go of most of her hatred towards the horde, but ingame it feels like blizz forgot that part of the novel.
    She DID let go of her hate. Then the Broken Shore happened and she believes the Horde abandoned the Alliance, and Varian, to die. Now she hates them again.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The problem with these types of expansions is that we already know how they will end, the only viable option is a stalemate. Neither side will or can(due to game mechanics) win the war. More than likely there' some greater threat that will surface and unite the two factions to fight together against this one threat, or both sides will just suffer a mostly equal amount of losses as the new threat emerges going into 9.0 will come out with revenge of Bolvar and wrath 2.0(RANDOM EXAMPLE, but you get the point). This whole expansion's premise can't have a winner and a loser of the war. at best its a stalemate, and at worse, both sides will have major losses, or else half of the games population will be pissed off.

*edit* if this wasn't the case, why the hell would magni bronzebeard give horde heroes the heart of azeroth or do anything to help the horde(at least i think i saw an interview or something where they said that magni is the one who gives it to us as players?) Logically he'd give the power to the alliance so they could crush the horde once and for all, but he doesn't because game mechanics matter, so now he's neutral.
    Last edited by kaesden; 2017-11-07 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Let the Forsaken use the plague, the only one alive in that battlefield would have been Genn
    Everyone keeps saying the Horde would use the plague when it is a clear and resounding "No! They would not." Sylvanas needs the horde for her purposes, and it has been said quite plainly in game that the Tauren, Orcs, Trolls, and Blood Elves will not tolerate the use of it. The last thing Sylvanas needs is to use chemical warfare and lose her allies because she laid waste to land and people.

It hurts my soul deep inside how many people have absurdly called this Mass Rez... which he casts on people that are still moving. I mean, do people even play the game? I don't play priest but I know they, y'know, HEAL. And AOE heal at that. What spell could it possibly be? Ugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zerref View Post
    Everyone keeps saying the Horde would use the plague when it is a clear and resounding "No! They would not." Sylvanas needs the horde for her purposes, and it has been said quite plainly in game that the Tauren, Orcs, Trolls, and Blood Elves will not tolerate the use of it. The last thing Sylvanas needs is to use chemical warfare and lose her allies because she laid waste to land and people.
    If she considered it lost and the Horde's forces had withdrawn and she had some kind of failsafe in place, she'd set it off, though. Out of sheer spite.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    If Anduin didnt have Mass Rez?

Watching that cinematic again it seems like had Anduin not mass rezzed his Army he couldve lost that battle.

It seems after Sylvanas Banshee screamed wiped out the alliance front ranks and rallied the Horde the Horde was about to break the offensive and score a crushing defeat on the Alliance infact it looked like Genn was even killed.

So how do you think the battle wouldve played out had he not had that OP spell?
    Allies would have lost on D-Day if everyone had forgotten to put the plugs in their ships and half way across the channel the invasion force went down and drowned to death.

Amazing how things can change if you just say "what if"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I took Sylvanas' smirk to mean, "You'd make a great Forsaken."
    "you would make great *** slave "
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Except that in the end, the Alliance does win and Undercity falls.
    Yeah, cool, and then whorde burns Teldrassil down (or before that?). Back to 1-1. I'm not even sure which is worse, tbh....

Watching that cinematic again it seems like had Anduin not mass rezzed his Army he couldve lost that battle.

It seems after Sylvanas Banshee screamed wiped out the alliance front ranks and rallied the Horde the Horde was about to break the offensive and score a crushing defeat on the Alliance infact it looked like Genn was even killed.

So how do you think the battle wouldve played out had he not had that OP spell?
    It was mass heal (with a bubble), not mass rez. We all know what happens in PvP if your side doesn't have healers.

- - - Updated - - -

If not for Anduin, the Alliance would have lost. If not for Sylvanas, the Horde would have lost - oh wait they did.

If anything can be taken from this confrontation, it has to be that Anduin leads a successful attack against Sylvanas in her own capital? When - after the burning of Teldrassil, which we now know happens first - she had to be expecting it? I mean, you don't move an army that size without word getting out, and we saw Saurfang there among the defenders.

Teldrassil appears to have been a sneak attack. Lordaeron was the first real battle of the new war, on the Horde's home turf, and the boy king QBs a win from wily old Sylvanas. Rage on that, Horde.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

What if Illidan didn't sacrifice himself? Would Sargeras kill us all?

What if we didn't kill Guld'an in the Night Hold?

What if Archimonde destroyed the World Tree?

It's pure hypothethical, you don't know the answer. Anyway, he didn't mass-rez, but mass-heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    If Anduin hadn't cast that spell, the dozen or so soldiers she hit would have died and been replaced by the ranks behind them like nothing had happened.

Following that, the Horde forces would have promptly been crushed because they were being led by a commander who was so inept that she thought that the best way to defend an underground city which is only accessible via a handful of small lifts, which is inhabited by people who cannot get sick, don't need to eat and don't need to drink against an enemy with both numerical and technological superiority was to charge out the front gates.
    LOL, so much truth!

Personally I like the tone of the cinematic until sylvanas scream for the horde. From there on it was pure cliche. The dark tone of the beggining should be more explored, with alliance going over Undercity and Sylvanas ordering a retreat or just looking at the massive ammount of soldiers coming.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.