View Poll Results: Will you Install the Authenticatoir Just ot Increase Your Bag Size?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

176 77.19%
  • No

52 22.81%
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    What price? It's a free app.
    A free app for what ? Do you get to download a smart phone with it ?

I'm not saying you shouldn't get the authentictor - but it isn't free for everyone.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I can guarantee you that it still remembers, as I wiped my cookies a few days ago to fix an issue with another website and it didn't prompt me to authenticate. In fact the only time it's done so since we moved states mid october was the first time we logged in at the new house.
    Wonderful news.
    This authenticator starts to sound better and better. And it remembers you network too? Like multiple computers on same network?

I bought the physical authenticator a few years ago. Before that I got hacked 2 times or so... so well, I´m not regreting spending 5 seconds more to log in about every 2 months or so...

I didn´t even know that there is a FREE app for this, maybe this came out later after the physical one got released... it´s a no brainer for me to get that if I wouldn´t have the physical one... the bag size thing is just an incentive for more account security... WHAT A SHAME

E: nvm the first one... Op seems to start liking the authenticator

Voted yes but the poll is flawed, i would be retarded not having the auth already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss my Cataclysm keyfob I think I put it in the game box when I downloaded the app.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    I bought the physical authenticator a few years ago. Before that I got hacked 2 times or so... so well, I´m not regreting spending 5 seconds more to log in about every 2 months or so...

I didn´t even know that there is a FREE app for this, maybe this came out later after the physical one got released... it´s a no brainer for me to get that if I wouldn´t have the physical one... the bag size thing is just an incentive for more account security... WHAT A SHAME

E: nvm the first one... Op seems to start liking the authenticator
    yeah, the app came rather recently.. i think about 2 - 3 yrs ago.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    Look mate: I don't give a shit about your thoughts.
    I want to know if andwhen it asks for resets on multiple computers, dynamic IPs and auto-clering browser history.
    Research this for me and type in here the results.
    Maybe... just maybe.... GET THE FUCKING APP AND USE IT.... Experience it. It is free!!! I mean we have by now... all told you the information you want me to provide you.
    1. every time you go into a new device... yes
    2. dynamic IP's .... no
    3. browser history.... dude... seriously? you know what browserhistory is?
    4. cookies.... you know what cookies are?

If you knew what 3 and 4 actually are... you would not even in the slightest bring those up vs the authenticator. Like at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    Uhm no?

I have the physical authenticator (cataclysm version) and i only have to use it once.

It's been months since i needed it for logins.

If want a bigger backpack, get an authenticator. If you dont care because you have 30 slot bags anyway, then dont have an authenticator. Choice is on the individual. Blizzard isn't forcing you to have one, even though I WOULD force subscribers to have one.

Authenticators are there to save Blizzard money and having not to deal with people whining when they get banned or suspended. We all know the main excuse, "I was hacked!" You can't say that when a Authenticator is attached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let him go without it and enjoy the day he logs in and his toons standing stripped naked next to a mailbox in a random capital city.
    Also solves the need for a bigger backpack.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I don't need it, so... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    A free app for what ? Do you get to download a smart phone with it ?

I'm not saying you shouldn't get the authentictor - but it isn't free for everyone.
    There are free phone emulators you can use though. And since you already have a pc to play wow, you can just download one

10+ Year Old Account
    i voted no as i already have it. and have done since it was introduced.

I will try again. I used to have the authenticator once, but the app was buggy af for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There are free phone emulators you can use though. And since you already have a pc to play wow, you can just download one
    So - where is the link on the Blizzard site to download said emulators ?

Don't make assumptions about everyone just because your sample size of one fits the equation.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how much of a bag size increase we're talking about.

Noone's gonna guess my custom account email or password. Famous last words

Deleted
    If you have money therefor you have a smartphone... you will get it for sure.
    BUT 90% of East-European players cannot even afford a smartphone so rip bonus bag space for us.

Hmm, it feels like targeted discrimination, gg Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2017-11-06 at 10:02 AM.

yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    Constantly? I've touched my physical Authenticator maybe twice this year, and one time of that was to let a friend log into my account to watch the BlizzCon panels.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    What's your reason not to have authenticator already? Trump, NSA, ISIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You have to order from the US site or download the app. Perhaps its time to get your own phone instead of relying on a work one? If you are that paranoid to install a WoW app on a work provided phone, but more than likely use it for personal use at some point then that's a bit odd.
    Ofc we use our phones for personal stuff. It isn't against the 'rules'. However, some activities are 'controversial' in some circles, and gaming is one of them. I already hate carrying around one phone. Don't want to have to add a second one. I'm fine with a physical authenticator if it only means reconfirming when you have a new 'device' added.