Poll: Which you prefer?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Updated Graphics would be nice, but I would at least like Blizzard to update the original game engine. Even with today's hardware you can't avoid framerate dips on a 10 year old game when maxed out, no v-sync.(1070, 7700HQ) God-forbid you increase certain graphical settings through the console. This experience being from well-known private servers.

If people's idea of an authentic experience is playing 720p at 30fps, then you can get a 2006 computer for your 2006 experience. I'm okay with 2006 textures/models/shaders/lighting/animations. Updating those would be great, but I can see those taking away some of the vanilla experience from some folks.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will be an option in graphics settings.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I won't give a fuck, as long as it runs off my GPU instead.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I really would prefer no changes, but model/texture upgrades would not deter me.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

If the other option doesn't give any kind of advantage then I don't care

I honestly thought this poll would be Vanilla graphics by a landslide.

This is crazy... what have Blizzard signed themselves up for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I still play games which can be named as WoW "prototypes", their graphics can be considered ancient by current generation of gamers, but gameplay is nevertheless fun.

Here is screenshot from one of such "prototypes", Classic WoW could look like this if it was released 10 years earlier
    Is that one of the M&Ms? You know those games actually age surprisingly well, I think the colourful palette and cartoonish 2D sprites helped a lot. They'd kind of reached the apex of what that technology could produce so it looks almost like an artistic choice today. Well, not so much the avatars, they were often goofy :P

Meanwhile if I play something in the early 3D period I want to claw my eyes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    hahaha kids dont realise how much the game has changed if they used the original graphics the game would look like a turd

high end pc on high settings

Remember the old portraits? That always looked looked like nothing because the helmet geometry wasn't taken into account when they set the camera angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    Clueless guy here.
    Lets see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBy1JImPFM
    I think he killed more than one mob?
    True, though it did depend on class. I remember even in Wrath when I was levelling my mage I could do this, while other classes struggled with 2+ mobs.

In fact I think even today there's a disparity between classes on it, though I haven't levelled a new alt in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I still play games which can be named as WoW "prototypes", their graphics can be considered ancient by current generation of gamers, but gameplay is nevertheless fun.

Here is screenshot from one of such "prototypes", Classic WoW could look like this if it was released 10 years earlier
    I find it funny that you call "wow prototypes" to old rpg games. WoW is a MMO with some touches of rpg, but it is more similar to hack and slash than rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Geran View Post
    I find it funny that you call "wow prototypes" to old rpg games. WoW is a MMO with some touches of rpg, but it is more similar to hack and slash than rpg.
    It is tricky to make turn-based MMORPG, though WoW was definitely not as twitchy as it is now.
    EQ/WoW line seems to be very inspired by old RPGs Might and Magic (non-heroes series) -> EverQuest -> WoW. Might and Magic VI is possibly the closest you can get to direct preEQ/WoW game and you could play it turn-based as well as pure real-time. It is easy to see that it were exactly MM games that inspired WoW, because MM6 had things like Heroism spell with similar sound effect to WoW, etc.

P.S.: Screenshot is from Yendorian Tales II, which was inspired by Might and Magic III-V. I am replaying it now and finding it quite fun despite this game being 21 years old.

Deleted
    I still play Tibia Online and the graphics where never a problem for me, same with old school runescape:

Should [x] be available in Classic server? Simple, ask yourself the question: Did [x] exist in any of the patches from 1.1.0 to 1.12.1? No? Then don't add it!.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Graphics is the only thing i accept to change. The one and only.
    We need to put a stop to "QoL changes" threads in classic
    This could be said about any feature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geran View Post
    Well let's go even further back and play good ol MUDs

I wonder if the system requirements will change a lot from original vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Well let's go even further back and play good ol MUDs

I wonder if the system requirements will change a lot from original vanilla.
    MUDs are a bit too hardcore for me
    I am ok with CGA graphics, but ASCII graphics are a bit too old even for me.

It would be great if WoW Classic was released on old client and... maybe... Blizzard could make additional game client specifically for smartphones... Now that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxilot View Post
    Well, the new models are awesome and I love them, personally. But they do need to be in the setting of updated graphics. I don't really think I could stomach seeing my sweet polygon character in extremely low res gear xD That would just be awful.
    WoW Vanilla looks incredible at 6880X2880 with NVIDIA'S DSR technology on a 3440X1440 monitor, in fact so much so that once while it was raining outside and I was riding through Duskwood forest (where by coincidence it was also raining) I had a feeling of complete immersion.

Case in point:

Vanilla at 6880X2880 :-)
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have new graphics personally but it's not a big deal either way.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    WoW Vanilla looks incredible at 6880X2880 with NVIDIA'S DSR technology on a 3440X1440 monitor, in fact so much so that once while it was raining outside and I was riding through Duskwood forest (where by coincidence it was also raining) I had a feeling of complete immersion.

Case in point:

yup, i was actually surprised to find out how well Vanilla had aged when i played it last summer.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like an option of both, I really don't think I could stomach the old ones anymore.

10+ Year Old Account

Case in point:

Can you show me a sweet screenshot of the gear? :P Because that's what I'm talking about.

Case in point:

Now go to Stormwind and look at the keep, or MC and look at the ground.

Deleted
    Full vanilla experience which includes lower graphics