Before the Storm has received a new release date and description

Old description:
    An all-new, official tie-in novel to Blizzard Entertainment’s critically acclaimed World of Warcraft, from New York Times bestselling author Christie Golden.

Taking place after the climactic events of Shadows of Argus, World of Warcraft: Before the Storm tells the story of what awaits the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance in the wake of their struggle against the demonic Burning Legion.

New description:
    An all-new, official prequel novel to The Battle for Azeroth, Blizzard Entertainment’s next expansion to the critically acclaimed World of Warcraft.

In Before the Storm, Anduin Wrynn, king of Stormwind, and Sylvanas Windrunner, warchief of the Horde, are new to their positions of power, both ascending before they were truly prepared. As the Alliance and the Horde struggle to recover from the devastating war with the demonic Burning Legion, a terrible discovery will test both leaders, threatening to reignite the bitter enmity between their factions and shake the very foundations of the world of Azeroth.

So the new description seems to be more about some dark threaten then Horde vs Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Last minute change of story direction as a result to the lukewarm reception of the premise for the next expansion? Perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Last minute change of story direction as a result to the lukewarm reception of the premise for the next expansion? Perhaps?
    Or just an actual, real description of the book now that they announced BfA and it won't spoil it.

Quote Originally Posted by Picirita View Post
    Or just an actual, real description of the book now that they announced BfA and it won't spoil it.
    Thing is, book was also delayed for June. But yea probably nothing as drastic as what they suggested.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-11-13 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I mean it's kind of to late to not do the faction war. At most patch content could be changed. But that seems to focus on old gods anyway so unless their 100 % switching to just the faction war. That again seems unlikely

All of this was already discsused and people speculated about it too. Everyone pretty much knew that there'd be some dark influence behind the faction war and that it feeds upon ample unresolved grudges between both factions' races.

It is not like any Old God influence wouldn't have sunbstantial ground to go from, starting with the Windrunner drama, crossing over to Gilneas, Stromgarde, Lordaeron, Ashenvale and most recently Sylvanas' mention of Stormwind in a way that hints of long-planned conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by GetCrunk View Post
    shake the very foundations of the world
    DK Arthas.

My Point is that they release the description and book cover after they announce BfA and after 10 days they release a new description. Why they did not release this description from the start

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Thing is, book was also delayed for June. But yea probably nothing as drastic as what they suggested.
    Golden is editing it so mudmug can make apperance in every chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "oh shit... I forgot to add Mudmug. ION STOP THE PRINTING!!! NOW!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    "oh shit... I forgot to add Mudmug. ION STOP THE PRINTING!!! NOW!!!!
    Gotta have that fanservice. Now just put him on the cover and bam - you are on bestseller list.

Gotta have that fanservice. Now just put him on the cover and bam - you are on bestseller list.
    Joking aside, they really need to expand on Mudmug's story and background.

I imagine he would be something like Outsider from Dishonored, giving people brew powers just to see what will happen and laugh his ass off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mudmug is the new "White haired Warlock."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I wonder if this will have a twin effect on the release-date for BfA itself?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I doubt it. If anything, it possible they already realised that BfA will take longer than originally expected and decided to postpone books release to make gap smaller.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I wouldnt say novels have anything to do with expansion release dates.
    If I wanted to interpret it with the game content : We know that the novel includes storylines/lore going from Argus events to BfA (the latter being a speculation). Now we know they pushed it a bit later during the year. In my eyes this means that the novel includes spoilers from a patch that is going to bridge Antorus and BfA.
    After all we got a datamined set showing the Silithus wound and then we get a fast forward heading to the BfA launch cinematics with the world tree ablaze and the undercity under heavy siege.
    What happened to Silithus, what do our leaders know about the acts of the order halls and the rest of the champions (Khadar, illidan, Magni, army of the light etc) in Argus? What do they know about the facts?
    Maybe I am blinded by my hopes for a patch between antorus and the next expansion but i believe there is some patch and some content coming before BfA and the novel would spoil much of it so they postponed the release day.

We know their target for BfA is late in 2018, so i would expect a patch early summer (before the book release). Yeap i know i may be paranoid but the new release date of the novel actually makes me think that a new patch is around the corner.
    Last edited by mmoc0e2bb9485a; 2017-11-13 at 07:16 PM.