Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Best decision I've heard of for the expansion.

Finally world PvPers can have that legitimate world PvP feel as they will all be sharded together.

Oh wait, a good percentage of "world PvPers" don't want to be sharded with other world PvPers, they want to gank lowbies.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    This decision is a grave mistake. Moving through the lands w/o any risks taken / threats to be aware of makes the game dull and bland. It's a pity Blizzard decided to listen to SJWs and all kinds of weaklings who were crying about being killed in outdoor PvP for ages.

You need to understand the nature of World PvP. The way it is going to be, it will only be enabled by stealth classes / tanking specs in BIS PvE gear. Cause flagging yourself while playing a vulnerable spec would mean a clear disadvantage. This actually gives even more power to already OP outdoor classes having Stealth (Rogues and Ferals mostly). Indirect buff to Rogues / Ferals they did not deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    yes they did. The danger for your shitty alt no longer exist. Hence care bear servers.

this is another step away from sandbox servers which promote community....to faceless wow.
    That is what you are wrong. The danger for YOUR shitty alt still exists. Just create a new character, head to town and toggle PvP to on (if it isn't already) and there will be danger everywhere. The one that doesn't want WPvP just leaves PvP toggled off, that is exactly what a sane person would do that knows about the shitty state WPvP has been in all those years. So it is basically like it is now with ONE exception: if you decide you want to WPvP later you can toggle a switch instead of buying a character transfer.

There is no real drawback for most players on all realms with this (in my opinion) good change. It really is an improvement that can possibly (and most likely will) improve the WPvP experience across the board, solving issues with faction imbalance and such. And since they have announced that it will be possible with this tech to enlarge the pools from where people get to be thrown into one shard you will more likely have more people in open world PvP than you have now (and years before). Maybe not as many low level ones as there use to be up until now, but definitely more real opponents that pose a thread to everyone of the opposing faction.

By the way, you need to look up terms you use, since it seems that you don't have a clue what "sandbox" in a MMORPG environment actually means. WoW has always been a Themepark-MMO not a Sandbox-MMO by all means.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tcable View Post
    People have always been able to do that.
    Yes. On PvE servers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    umm all characters are faceless....online gaming is faceless.....why do you need to know that the ally hunter is Bob form Michigan? You see red you attack it....

this is a problem for you unless you want to continuously camp the same person over and over...because I don't see how making the game more alive with people and stable "ruined it"...please enlighten me
    I don't much care about pvp/pve toggles as I don't engage in world pvp anyway but stuff like this is a clear example that not every community is 'faceless'
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think this is a simple but genius solution. Idiots can't complain that PvP happened on a PvP server anymore, and it actively promotes world pvp for those who do want the PvP server experience. It enhances the experience of both groups/\. I guess the only people that suffer are people that try and gank levelling characters, because I imagine most people levelling will turn it off by default...but does that group really matter?

I like the idea of bounties they've talked about that. I play on a normal server atm, so on top of everything above, they've also roped at least one person into trying the new system. I don't really see any downsides to this. I guess the only drawback might be that nobody turns the toggle on and the PvP shards are just deserted...but I don't really see that happening.
    Last edited by Apology; 2017-11-08 at 11:03 AM.

Makes me wonder how much people will like world pvp if the other players actually want to fight back?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am seriously beginning to think that people that are against such a positive change to the game are being intentionally obtuse or really are extremely ignorant to the fact that WoW's PVP servers and rule set have been complete shit since the game launched compared to other MMO's WPVP (DAoC, Darkfall, Aion, and WH:O being significantly superior in this regard, hell even Diablo 2 and that don't count) at the time and after.

Keep the toggle on and you're on a fucking pvp server with like-minded people who actually want to fight. Is it really that fucking hard to understand?

"B-b-b-but sharding and CRZ has ruined the game, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" Its better than having an empty server IMO and I've always liked CRZ tbh.

But hey, keep on whinging about something that is going to change whether you like it or not....
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Super happy for this change. I changed to PvE years ago just because I was sick of PvP servers and when I recently went back to my original server from Vanilla the faction balance flipped in the last 5 years and its near impossible to enjoy playing there.

Swtor did the same system last year and it's been good. opting into PvP means the people you see you can be sure want to fight back as well.

Literally 99% of the complaining about this change is likely people annoyed they can't just gank lowbies since they suck vs people their own level.

yes they did. The danger for your shitty alt no longer exist. Hence care bear servers.

this is another step away from sandbox servers which promote community....to faceless wow.
    Promote community? Fuck off, dude. Having some asshole fly in while you're in the middle of killing mobs only to gank you and fly away doesn't promote community. Max lvl fucktards ganking lowbies or harassing them by killing quest NPCs doesn't promote community. I'd bet that 90% of what people try to pass off as wPVP is the opposite of what would promote community.

Forging a community is YOUR responsibility. You can't force it on people who don't care about it to begin with, so quit whining and accept that is is a change for the better. Both for people who want to PVP and those who don't.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2017-11-08 at 11:31 AM.

As i see it this option is only really made for people who initially wanted to play on a pve server but chose not to because of friends / Guild etc.

As for anyone who participates actively in wpvp will have dozens of like minded people to play with. Wich can be a good thing or a bad thing based on the intentions of each individual player.

As for reputation amongst players in wpvp. On my server that wasn't a thing for a really long time now. So yea i don't care about stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    Makes me wonder how much people will like world pvp if the other players actually want to fight back?!
    they'll cry like babies lol
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

am i reading that correct? There is no more pvp servers? All pvp servers are like pve servers?

so there introducing a xpac about a war between A & H but removing pvp servers?

wasn't the personal choice was joining a pvp server or not?

I kill or try to kill (try for the most part) every non-tank horde i see......cause you know A vs. H and now this is removed!?!

Why remove that option!?!

All my excitement for the xpac has been lost b/c of that one point.

- - - Updated - - -

swear the god look seems like there is another tread....sorry for spam.
    well good job on being just like every other retarded idiot who is crying about this and not thinking for one second about the real reason

its called fucking balance you worthless shit. they cant force people to move servers so this is literally the ONLY fucking option that exists for having wpvp balanced instead of 50:1 ratios

now we will see how many people actually wanted the balance they have been crying for in wpvp and how many throw fits that they dont vastly outnumber the red text
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Deleted
    I might take my sub elsewhere if dedicated PVP servers are removed in BfA. I'm still in 2 minds.

they wont - just they they hate arenas/bgs now that they cant pwn others with sheer cp gear only have to do actual pvp where what matters is skill not gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    I might take my sub elsewhere if dedicated PVP servers are removed in BfA. I'm still in 2 minds.
    aww no ganking lowbies means no fun in game ?

such a shaaaame

As so much data is gathered for statistical analysis via addons, I would really like to have a breakdown of PVP ON vs PVP OFF duration per player once this change goes live. It would be interesting to see how much interest in world pvp is actually still there.

I'd have to guess: zero. And then they'll complain and put the fault on Blizzard, lol. You can see it in this thread, it already started.

Quote Originally Posted by Papahirn View Post
    Toggle yourself for PvP and every person you meet will be toggled because you'll be on the same shard. You'll probably end up having more wPvP opportunities than ever.
    This. It's a good thing if you want wpvp... The rest of us can pve in peace while you recreate Tarren Mill.

Lol who cares about that, world PVP rules are a trainwreck since Legion and instanced PVP templates introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    well good job on being just like every other retarded idiot who is crying about this and not thinking for one second about the real reason

its called fucking balance you worthless shit. they cant force people to move servers so this is literally the ONLY fucking option that exists for having wpvp balanced instead of 50:1 ratios
    now we will see how many people actually wanted the balance they have been crying for in wpvp and how many throw fits that they dont vastly outnumber the red text
    This is another step towards merging servers without merging servers. And as i said in this thread before...another step towards removing community. Not saying there is one now with world pvp but it is a step in the wrong direction.

Hilarious. There will be no balance. Toggle pvp on...10,000 horde to 1 alliance..or 10,0000 horde and no alliance.

LFG/Raid Finder/CRZ/linked-realms serve a point but it has come at a cost. Lately i been finding that cost to be to much. I miss the old sandboxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    This. It's a good thing if you want wpvp... The rest of us can pve in peace while you recreate Tarren Mill.
    should not of rolled on a pvp server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Lol who cares about that, world PVP rules are a trainwreck since Legion and instanced PVP templates introduction.
    That is true too. Meleecraft. World pvp were tanks are gods.