Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    u should try sports games on a regular ps4 then use a ps4 pro on a 4k tv and u will see a HUGE difference. but i only say this because Sports games are the only games i play on my consoles. PC IMO is GOD for FPS/MMO/ETC.
    I am not so focused on graphics that a 1080p to 4k can justify the X price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    I am not so focused on graphics that a 1080p to 4k can justify the X price tag.
    its still far cheaper than a pc you could build that could perform the same. And to someone that isnt bad with thier money and not up to thier eyeballs in debt its not that much.

You're paying $500 for a PC that can't run PC software, can't be upgraded so its a total loss in 3-5 years if you want to upgrade, has limited storage on a normal slow HDD (which can't use NVMe SSD even if you did shell out for a new drive), needs a Live sub in perpetuity to play multiplayer, and isn't even true 4K. Not to mention needing to buy the 4K TV to even take advantage of the 4K UI and other resolution gimmicks.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    You're paying $500 for a PC that can't run PC software, can't be upgraded so its a total loss in 3-5 years if you want to upgrade, has limited storage on a normal slow HDD (which can't use NVMe SSD even if you did shell out for a new drive), needs a Live sub in perpetuity to play multiplayer, and isn't even true 4K. Not to mention needing to buy the 4K TV to even take advantage of the 4K UI and other resolution gimmicks.
    And i have a pc that can do all of that as well. And do tell how its not true 4k?

and isn't even true 4K.
    A lot of your post is wrong even more so this. A lot of games on both Pro and XBOX are native 4k and a lot of games on XBOX are also running 4k textures.

(Video is to show SoW running native 4k with 4k textures. Even tho it compares to pro I am not using this video to defend pro. pro runs SoW at 1440p if I recall right)

(Gears of war 4 with a 1080p/60fps option plus native 4k/30.)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    And i have a pc that can do all of that as well. And do tell how its not true 4k?
    XBone wasn't even able to hit 1080p in most games, running them in 900p to prop up the framerates. Graphically demanding games were also 30fps instead of 60fps. And now, half an upgrade cycle later at the same pricepoint they're magically hitting 60fps @ "Perfect 4K"? The only way that would be possible is if they're bleeding huge amounts of money on every unit, which I can't imagine is the case. They ARE selling them at a loss, but the Xbox division no longer has Carte Blanche like they used to. They can *output* at 4K resolution, but that doesn't mean all the assets in the game are rendered at 4K. UI sure, player character or car, okay. But there is a lot of wiggle room in their statement of the 4K resolution. And I just saw Digital Foundry did a breakdown of the 1X and found even some games @ 1080p on it were seeing framerate drops into the 40s at times.

On a tangentially related note: They would have been far better off pushing 120fps @ 1080 or 1440p than going the 4K buzzword route. Games play so much better at fluid framerates than when sitting at the 40-60fps range.

XBone wasn't even able to hit 1080p in most games, running them in 900p to prop up the framerates. Graphically demanding games were also 30fps instead of 60fps. And now, half an upgrade cycle later at the same pricepoint they're magically hitting 60fps @ "Perfect 4K"? The only way that would be possible is if they're bleeding huge amounts of money on every unit, which I can't imagine is the case. They ARE selling them at a loss, but the Xbox division no longer has Carte Blanche like they used to. They can *output* at 4K resolution, but that doesn't mean all the assets in the game are rendered at 4K. UI sure, player character or car, okay. But there is a lot of wiggle room in their statement of the 4K resolution. And I just saw Digital Foundry did a breakdown of the 1X and found even some games @ 1080p on it were seeing framerate drops into the 40s at times.

On a tangentially related note: They would have been far better off pushing 120fps @ 1080 or 1440p than going the 4K buzzword route. Games play so much better at fluid framerates than when sitting at the 40-60fps range.
    First: off just look at the two videos above this post of yours.

Second: You have no clue how hardware works do you? The massive GPU boost is why the XBOX can hit 4K even tho the CPU is still a POS and only OCed by around 35%. That is why games still get fps issues.

Third: There is no TV that runs 120fps and most consoles are hooked to TV's not computer monitors.

Forth: You can NOT build a $500 that match's the performance and spec of the XBOX.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    First: off just look at the two videos above this post of yours.
    Second: You have no clue how hardware works do you? The massive GPU boost is why the XBOX can hit 4K even tho the CPU is still a POS and only OCed by around 35%. That is why games still get fps issues.
    Third: There is no TV that runs 120fps and most consoles are hooked to TV's not computer monitors.
    Forth: You can NOT build a $500 that match's the performance and spec of the XBOX.
    Does it matter why the framerate drops happen? My entire point was they were lying through their teeth with marketing-speak when they claimed "Perfect 4K".
    Any TV rated for "240hz" can output at 120fps. They've been around for years now.
    I never claimed to be building a completely new system for $500. Only consoles require throwing out your entire system. My point was its disingenuous to compare a console purchase to a PC when you keep a large amount of your hardware through an upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    If you don't have a 4k tv, the point of getting an Xbox one X is what exactly? It surely cant be for the new system exclusives because there are none.
    Watch Forza 7 on a xbox S vs a xbox X, both on Full HD. It's smoother, picture quality is generally higher and you won't mumble 'a kingdom for anti-aliasing' in your beard all the time. I'm not saying that alone is worth spending 600 bucks, but the difference is there.

One further aspect. On the PC side, a GPU bringing a meaningful upgrade over my RX 470 would cost me 450€ or more. That makes the xbox X price a lot more palatable.

Does it matter why the framerate drops happen? My entire point was they were lying through their teeth with marketing-speak when they claimed "Perfect 4K".
    If the game holds a locked 3840 X 2160 then it is a perfect 4k, 4k is resolution not framerate. Both PS4 Pro and XBOX has games that do this and XBOX has games that run 4K textures as well.

I linked you two videos showing this, You chosing to ignore fact isn't my problem but you are factually wrong.

Any TV rated for "240hz" can output at 120fps. They've been around for years now.
    Please do show me these 240hz tv's that don't cost a arm and a leg because I haven't seen them.

Your bitching about consoles not having 4K/60 when even most top end PC builds have issues with that. Hell a stable 4K/30 is even still new to PC's let alone consoles.

It's a system for 4k TVs...you're last point made zero sense. Did you complain about G-Sync/free-sync cards that needed a specific monitor to run? Those who have or plan on getting a 4k TV will benefit from the new XBOX. You have cost effective performance with a native interface designed for the big screen and controller support. This is for those who want to game on the couch with simple setup.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's a system for 4k TVs...you're last point made zero sense.
    Its also a system (Like the pro) that has big benefits for 1080p Tv's as well lets not forget that

Will admit it looks nice, but going to pass. Microsoft's lack of console only exclusives kills it for me. Because anything I would want for it I can already get for my PC and if I get the urge to play something on my TV I'll just use my Steam Link instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh I don't mind 30 or 60. As long as it's fun and playable I'm happy.
    Good for you. Most people though have this opinion because they don't have a decent PC that can run games on ultra with those fps.
    I don't mind 30fps on certain games either, but especially on shooters I can never deal with 30 fps again.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    Good for you. Most people though have this opinion because they don't have a decent PC that can run games on ultra with those fps.
    I don't mind 30fps on certain games either, but especially on shooters I can never deal with 30 fps again.
    I have a PC capable of that. I just don't care as long as it's playable. I play all kinds of games that are locked to 30.

Let's not start getting into PC Vs Console debates please.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-08 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    I have a good PC (its in my sig) and can game at 30FPS just fine.

Its almost like different people are ok with different things. Do I prefer 60FPS? Yep who wouldn't, Can I highly enjoy a game that is 30FPS.. Hell yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its also a system (Like the pro) that has big benefits for 1080p Tv's as well lets not forget that
    Sure, just pointing out the redundancy of saying "You need a 4k TV" as a flaw. It's not anymore of a flaw than needing a good monitor to flex out new PC upgrades.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Sure, just pointing out the redundancy of saying "You need a 4k TV" as a flaw. It's not anymore of a flaw than needing a good monitor to flex out new PC upgrades.
    I mean I dont know anyone who bought it without a 4k TV as it was heavily marketed to be specifically for that.

Also seems Amazon Uk fucked up orders. I mean the sky is also blue

Just a friendly reminder to not turn it into a PC vs Console debated. While it's not there, let's continue to keep it there. It's alright to compare the two in terms of features and stuff, but let's not make it about one being superior over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I mean I dont know anyone who bought it without a 4k TV as it was heavily marketed to be specifically for that.

Also seems Amazon Uk fucked up orders. I mean the sky is also blue
    they amount of people shocked at not getting somthing they preordered online the day it was released blew me away. I thought it was common sense and knowledge that preordering somthing online regardless of the venders guarantee of it arriving on time doesnt mean it will. When you add a middle man [ transport or mail services ] there will always be an added extra amount of time to wait. Yet i saw people wanting to sue the different venders or companies and i just laughed.