Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Anyone else getting a Xbox One X or Scorpio Edition one tonight or tomorrow?
    Got mine last Thursday (perks of winning the Taco Bell promotion). It's pretty decent, but the last consoles I had were PS2 and Xbox 360.

Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten any console.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Already have an S and it really just gathers dust and the total lack of exclusives makes it a waste of money when i have a PS4 and Switch already. going to be real interesting to see if the liquid cooling is going to be a shitshow or not. I could imagine a bunch of 'we get it, you vape' shitposts doing the rounds. If its another RROD scenario or something.
    Really need to emphasize that it's not liquid cooling so people don't get the wrong idea. It's not using pump, reservoir and radiator to dissipate heat. It's a vapor chamber, plain and simple. It's basically a bigger heat pipe. For small applications it's not bad for heat transfer, but like all cooling system, the place it dissipates is still the most important. That's still up to the fan, material and surface area. Don't really know much about the cooling system of the system so won't really mention more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    I cant really understand the ps4 pro either. To me the whole mid generation upgrade is just a scheme to get more money without really providing any substantial benefit.
    It is for sure. But I hadn't bought the first round and went in on this one to play the exclusives and couch game a bit when tired of sitting at the desk. Having a 4k TV kinda added to the hype for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Really need to emphasize that it's not liquid cooling so people don't get the wrong idea. It's not using pump, reservoir and radiator to dissipate heat. It's a vapor chamber, plain and simple. It's basically a bigger heat pipe. For small applications it's not bad for heat transfer, but like all cooling system, the place it dissipates is still the most important. That's still up to the fan, material and surface area. Don't really know much about the cooling system of the system so won't really mention more than that.
    From what I've been playing around with it dissipates the heat out all around it in a pretty decent way. I use to have an XBox 360 and that thing threw heat out like no other and still felt hot. This X has been throwing out heat while the unit feels cool and at times not really throwing out much heat since it isn't using much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    From what I've been playing around with it dissipates the heat out all around it in a pretty decent way. I use to have an XBox 360 and that thing threw heat out like no other and still felt hot. This X has been throwing out heat while the unit feels cool and at times not really throwing out much heat since it isn't using much.
    The 360 was a heat monster and the reason for the RROD fiasco. That's the reason consoles use potato CPUs now instead of the monsters that where in the 360 and PS3 generating mass amounts of heat.

All versions of the Xbox One from the OG to S have basically non existent heat, so that's a family thing and not something new with the X.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The 360 was a heat monster and the reason for the RROD fiasco. That's the reason consoles use potato CPUs now instead of the monsters that where in the 360 and PS3 generating mass amounts of heat.

All versions of the Xbox One from the OG to S have basically non existent heat, so that's a family thing and not something new with the X.
    Probably true (didn't own any new ones), I was going by articles I read where heat would probably be an issue with this one where it contains more power and smaller space.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    I cant really understand the ps4 pro either. To me the whole mid generation upgrade is just a scheme to get more money without really providing any substantial benefit.
    u should try sports games on a regular ps4 then use a ps4 pro on a 4k tv and u will see a HUGE difference. but i only say this because Sports games are the only games i play on my consoles. PC IMO is GOD for FPS/MMO/ETC.

With the "8.5" gen consoles upgrades, barring the Switch, I'm not sure it's worth it, with the size of the games ballooning to and exceeding 100 gigs, it's freakin' ridiculous. Not trying to knock it down for anyone who currently owns one.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2017-11-07 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Added moar words

Just got my One X today and it's all set up and currently running on one of my 4K TVs.

I have to say, this thing is impressive. Ran a few games on it already and the 4K resolution, HDR, and high settings that the games use make all of it look fantastic. I'm noticing a big difference over my OG Xbox One. And the thing is running pretty damn cool under load as well.

People can knock this all they want, but I'm already more than happy with the purchase and it's only been a few hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really gives me some great hype for the next gen of systems and PC stuff. The Pro gave me a similar feeling. The next gen of systems when they come are going to be pretty powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    With the "8.5" gen consoles upgrades, barring the Switch, I'm not sure it's worth it, with the size of the games ballooning to and exceeding 100 gigs, it's freakin' ridiculous. Not trying to knock it down for anyone who currently owns one.
    I would say that is inevitable. Games will always get bigger. However the infrastructure of the world is now being pushed because tons of people have a hard as fuck time downloading.

Deleted
    Never had an xbox and I wont buy this one either. No exclusives I wanna play and as almost every "exclusive" is on Windows10 too these days. They shot themselves in the foot with that imo.

Only Xbox game I would like to play is the 360 game lost odyssey.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'm sure it's been said a thousand times, but those name are ridiculous

xbox
    xbox 360
    xbox one
    xbox one X

I can understand why the non initiated can be confused by those name.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post

xbox
    xbox 360
    xbox one
    xbox one X

You gotta see it through the dumbass bob marketing speak.
    Xbox = The Direct X Box
    Xbox 360 = The Xbox which is ready for anything
    Xbox One = The One home Media hub you plug everything into as a gatekeeper to your entertainment
    Xbox One X = Apple is doing it so X is back and its totally Xtreme right?

Last ones a bit less well thought out.

So one of my friends decided he's camping out at a store for it......

I don't think that there is going to be much of a line round here.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nah their marketing for it it pretty good, tv ads everywhere.

It's just like PS4 Pro, it's hard to hype up a piece of hardware that has no exclusive software. Enthusiasts will buy it, but the majority of the mass public are going to be buying $200 PS4 slims/ $200 XB1Ss this holiday season over the much more expensive enthusiast options.
    Exclusives for a mid gen console will just piss people off.

Deleted
    the only reason for me to get a console are exclusives and friends. I'm not even talkin pc masterrace, but tbh once you are used to 60fps+ it is hard to go back. Still enjoy PS4 from time to time on my TV though...
    Before I'd buy the upgraded xbox I'd just stuff up my piggy bank and then get a new graphics card when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    the only reason for me to get a console are exclusives and friends. I'm not even talkin pc masterrace, but tbh once you are used to 60fps+ it is hard to go back. Still enjoy PS4 from time to time on my TV though...
    Before I'd buy the upgraded xbox I'd just stuff up my piggy bank and then get a new graphics card when needed.
    Eh I don't mind 30 or 60. As long as it's fun and playable I'm happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the Switch, won't be getting anything else unless I see some real incentive with software. I see zero reason to buy an already outdated system like the Xbox One X when I have a worthwhile PC.

I don't see a problem with them offering these consoles. I think the issue is people are approaching them from the wrong mindset. Its historically proven that releasing a brand new console generation is very risky. You can be dominant one gen, then suddenly flop the next gen. But with the switch to x86, they can basically sell a commodity PC-like device and offer rolling compatibility without diving into the unknown of a truly new gen.

Console owners are just going to have to think in a more PC mindset of choosing when they feel they want to upgrade their console. Some will certainly buy every iteration, much like some PC owners do upgrades every 2 years, while others wait 5+ years, etc. But most will probably stick with "every other" release if they stick to a 3-year release cycle on these hardware updates, which puts you at a similar timeframe as traditional consoles with the added bonus of keeping access to your back catalog.

Its similar to how there were two "commodity PC" systems in Japan in the late 90s called the PC-fx and PC98 which I believe weren't compatible with x86, but were sold as essentially mini gaming PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post

xbox
    xbox 360
    xbox one
    xbox one X

Cus the Wii and the switch are so much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Anyone else getting a Xbox One X or Scorpio Edition one tonight or tomorrow?

I can pick mine up from GameStop tonight at 9pm PST. I have all my patches downloaded and all games and profile copied to Ext HDD... Ready to go.
    got mine and loving it, though i have to go swap my new 4k tv for a non faulty one as i got a bad screen.