Poll: What's the most you'd be willing to pay for Vanilla

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Classic Should be Free to Play.

I'm sure most of us who enjoy playing Vanilla aren't quite used to paying for it, I'm curious to see how much people will be willing to pay for Vanilla before we go back to our pirate ways.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2017-11-24 at 04:00 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

7+ Year Old Account
    It should be a subscription. Y'know, the exact same for retail.

Ofc it should be free. And while we're at it, Blizz also need to transfer $15 every month to my account. They're a charity after all. /s

On a more serious note, I picked "separate from current WoW sub and cheaper", it needs a sub, otherwise other methods to earn money will be used, for example, freemium p2w stuff, but I think it should come at a lower price ($10 instead of $15) because it's a "stale" product, forever 1.12.2, however, if they choose to develop it further, they should use full sub price.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-23 at 05:36 AM.

I've always said that people who played on private servers were freeloaders first and foremost.

No. At most you have to pay expansion price for the game and the same subscription price as everyone else. At least you have to have a subscription but the base game is free(like they did with starcraft2 recently).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Re-release game pack + sub fee, after all I'd like in-game customer support, and some level of dedication to Blizzard's quality standards.

As to whether it's part of retail or separate I don't care. If it's part of retail, I'll try retail too at some point. If it's separate I'll just play the legacy game(s).

i'm assuming, if you're already subbed to retail, you will get access to vanilla as well.

i'm also pretty sure that there will and should be a sub for those that aren't subbed to retail. though imo, seeing that it's an old game, the sub should be $10 for those that sub to vanilla exclusively

It's never going to be free to play, lmao. Blizzard is a business not a charity. It'll be part of the sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    i'm assuming, if you're already subbed to retail, you will get access to vanilla as well.

i'm also pretty sure that there will and should be a sub for those that aren't subbed to retail. though imo, seeing that it's an old game, the sub should be $10 for those that sub to vanilla exclusively
    There won't. They're launching Vanilla to get more players and hopefully they try out BfA too.

Considering Hearthstone, Overwatch, and even HotS are doing better than WoW now as F2P/B2P...
    Well, actually, Starcraft and Diablo aren't doing so hot under the same umbrella.

So: could kill it, could save it. Either way, Classic would be a good testing ground for BFA to see if it works or not.

Regardless, Private Servers are F2P. So if they want to compete with those, it'll have to be.
    Last edited by Razion; 2017-11-23 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Considering Hearthstone, Overwatch, and even HotS are doing better than WoW now as F2P/B2P...
    Well, actually, Starcraft and Diablo aren't doing so hot under the same umbrella.

So: could kill it, could save it. Either way, Classic would be a good testing ground for BFA to see if it works or not.

Regardless, Private Servers are F2P. So if they want to compete with those, it'll have to be.
    I'd rather have a subscription rather than an in-game cash shop, DLC, or some other BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I'd rather have a subscription rather than an in-game cash shop, DLC, or some other BS.
    WoW already does these things. (Mounts, Pets, Expacs)

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted part of retail/current WoW subscription but I'd be fine with paying a completely separate sub as well, I'd even be down to pay a one-time fee for a classic battlechest/box as well if I get true authentic vanilla servers.

No subscription model is a really bad idea even as someone who has had to resort to playing private servers to play the game I love/enjoy, no sub fee means more goldsellers, far more toxic people since they can just reroll accounts, more hackers, more in general griefers and overall it would be very bad for classic, retail and Blizzard due to lack of profit/revenue.
    Better yet if they didn't have a subscription model Blizzard would likely have to bastardize vanilla in order to make it profitable by either adding some kind of cash shop (Which would without a doubt cause the audience their trying to lure in to all quit) or some kind of fremium like model sorta like OSRS where most content is locked off if you don't have an active subscription but there are redeemable bonds aka WoW tokens you can buy with ingame currency.

Seperate from current WoW sub and cheaper

Not getting anything free and nor should you but price should be lower than retail as it has a lot less content.

WoW already does these things. (Mounts, Pets, Expacs)
    Your in the classic sub-catergory :P These things don't belong to Vanilla.

They also take donations to cover operating expenses..

It should be b2p or p2p but tied to the sub of current WoW.

If it went f2p they would have a cash shop, I personally don't care if they do but I doubt they go this route.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

No, god no, no, no, no, no, NOOOOOOOOO!

For what possible reason would they make it free? Private servers being free isn't an argument, because pirating any game is free, and the industry hasn't made every triple-A release free yet.

No, it wouldn’t be fair to those that have to pay in order to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Your in the classic sub-catergory :P These things don't belong to Vanilla.

They also take donations to cover operating expenses..
    I think the results of Classic will inform retail. Would they not?

No one is obligated to donate on Private Servers, and WoW would have to compete with that F2P model.
    The perception to the average user is still F2P Vs Not. So they still have to deal with that somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's never going to be free to play, lmao. Blizzard is a business not a charity. It'll be part of the sub.

- - - Updated - - -

There won't. They're launching Vanilla to get more players and hopefully they try out BfA too.
    No they're not.
    They're launching Classic because tons & tons of "long-time" players have begged & begged for it.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.