Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    No, they are boring. That's a fact. They are just legolases.
    And void elves, dark goths, who exist simply because one rebel girl, is much better idea than established race from the old rts.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe you just want to see the difference that isnt there.
    Or you dont want to see any difference, because you dont care. Who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    Well, that's our major discord. you see no difference I see all the difference.
    There is nothing to see. That's the point. Whatever you think you see, you see, it is not real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    And void elves, dark goths, who exist simply because one rebel girl, is much better idea than established race from the old rts.

Yes, it is a much better idea. This game has only one 'dark, grim' race: Forsaken. It desperately needs dark elves and Void Elves might serve this purpose if Blizzard calm their collective tits and stop siliness at exposed chests.

No, wow lore doesnt need any new elves.. They just should have stopped with adding the nightborne.. It was enough for conflict between existing elf races.

No, wow lore doesnt need any new elves.. They just should have stopped with adding the nightborne.. It was enough for conflict between existing elf races.
    *inb4 a group of Dark Elves who split off from their kin before fully evolving into Night Elves emerges and for whatever reason, feels so strongly about the Alliance that it swears fealty to a 17-year old boy*
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2017-11-08 at 07:11 PM.

Make them Druchii. Tyrannical and cruel. Malkavian side dish might be good, but first and foremost I'm looking forward true dark elves in this game.
    Haha yea if void elves became dark elves they would surely stay in either faction for long, well until they started murdering their own allies for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Haha yea if void elves became dark elves they would surely stay in either faction for long, well until they started murdering their own allies for fun.
    That's why they need to do it under hush hush leaf. Kidnap pregnant women, draining double the magic there is. Small exchanges here and there and all the good stuff that would make them unpleasant in the eyes of smallfolk playing this game. There is no need to even show it on screen or state it explicitly, few pretty words between the words will do.

That's why they need to do it under hush hush leaf. Kidnap pregnant women, draining double the magic there is. Small exchanges here and there and all the good stuff that would make them unpleasant in the eyes of smallfolk playing this game. There is no need to even show it on screen or state it explicitly, few pretty words between the words will do.
    Until the nights of murder when the females go craaaazy
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

There is a random event in Total War: Warhammer 2 where Hellebron extends the night by 2 days.

Jesus.

Deleted
    I meant theme, not the details. If we truly were to go Druchii route then SJWatch folk would faint. And Polygon get material for at least half a year of articles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They are a company selling a product. The last word isn't theirs, it's the players'.
    To quote taldeer from dawn of war: "Naive child". Its their game, and they will do whatever they want to. And given the things they already did, saying what they will and what they won't with such confidence is nothing but delusion.

Oh, and High elves will never be playable.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the best alliance deserved.

The game needs a dark race more than it needs a Tolkien fantasy meme (aka High Elves). The only dark race so far are the Forsaken and they are very niche due to being very cheesy and undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    There is a random event in Total War: Warhammer 2 where Hellebron extends the night by 2 days.

Jesus.
    I want hellebron legendary lord! morathi is just a son fucker litteraly

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The game needs a dark race more than it needs a Tolkien fantasy meme (aka High Elves). The only dark race so far are the Forsaken and they are very niche due to being very cheesy and undead.
    Tolkien elves arent mana addicts who are riding unicorns and hippogryphs, who have different architecture, beliefs and relationship with humans and dwarves. I dont understand why is there need for fabricated dark race.. I guess rule of cool is more important than faithfulness to lore.

Blizzard could have introduced the Void Elves without any real new lore. They could have made them the exiled high elves who landed in Tirisfal with Darth'Remar Sunstrider but went mad due to the corruption of Zakajz the Corruptor in Tyr's tomb. Just put them in a void statis trap for a couple of thousand years, enough time to change their bodies and skin color, have Alleria rescue them and train them how to control the void that infused them.

They would be better integrated into existing lore, they would be victims of the void rather than void sucking vampires which makes it easier for players to accept them and the night elves would feel somewhat responsible for their fate (similar to the worgen) easing their integration into the Alliance.

hmm that sounds fine actually. at this point almost everything sounds better

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    *inb4 a group of Dark Elves who split off from their kin before fully evolving into Night Elves emerges and for whatever reason, feels so strongly about the Alliance that it swears fealty to a 17-year old boy*
    Interestingly enough, a tribe of dark trolls (and furbolgs) followed Tyrande and the night elves into battle during the Third War. I think they were called the Shadowtooth tribe or something like that.

OT: I think it would be weird to be a high elf cut off from a majority of my Thalassian homeland/culture. Honestly I would rather belves (and draenei) go neutral. It makes more sense from a lore POV as well if you consider that Quel'thalas would have more to gain (and less troops to lose) and that the closest ally to them as a nation are probably the draenei.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-11-08 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Broken, Vrykul, etc.. miss a lot of playable race animations and so require a lot of work. The whole idea behind the allied races is that they just require some new textures and minor model changes (e.g. horns) so they are relatively cheap to add.
    Except:
    1) Jinyu use the Night Elf model, Earthen use the Dwarf model and Mechagnomes use the Gnome model.
    2) I'm fairly certain they had to put a lot of work into the existing animations and rigging for Vrykul, just for Legion.
    3) Zandalari do NOT use the existing Darkspear Troll animations, because they stand upright, showing at least some effort going into finishing an incomplete animation set they began developing in MoP.

Blizzard would probably argue it's better than the retcon that was required to give Alliance Draenei.
    Not really? We had Broken Draenei as far back as Illidan's story in WC3 introducing Akama, plus the Lost Ones in Swamp of Sorrows, and they introduced Eredar around the same time as Broken, with Kil'jaeden and Archimonde.
    I mean hell, people were questioning all along how Garona could be a full-grown half-orc of human descent if no orc had encountered a human before the First War. Saying that she was misinformed was a blatant retcon, but it's forgivable in the filling of a plot hole.
    While everything about Velen, the Naaru and Argus were additions to the lore, the Draenei just filled in the open gap between those existing things, particularly as far as what other races were on Draenor at the time the Orcs conquered it prior to the First War. While there were other options for races to join the Alliance (Worgen and Furbolgs were popular at the time iirc), and the landing of the Exodar was as forced and coincidental as Alleria "finding" the Void Elves, Draenei were a natural inclusion in an expansion focused on exploring what remained of Draenor.

Meanwhile Void Elves are just "we made a new race because we needed even more elves."

They already confirmed in an interview that Quel'Thalas won't be updated anytime soon. Also the allied races won't be getting a starting zone. They start at level 20 in their faction's capital.
    Hmm, figured they'd want to make a whole scenario about it, given every other race they've introduced since Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2017-11-09 at 05:46 AM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

10+ Year Old Account

Alliance

First of all, I have to publicly profess my most sincere admiration for @DeicideUH and all those who like him, still continue defending the noble and just cause of the High Elves as a classical playable race of the Alliance in spite of everything (those well-known haters from these forums included!).

Now, some of you already know me as a prior defender of the High Elves of the Alliance or the reconquest of Lordaeron in name of our Queen Calia among other popular claims of the Alliance; however, I have to confess I was forced to give up… Why? Just because of Blizzard.

As most of you could suspect, in general, Blizzard staff are pro Horde, something that is increasingly evident from Warcraft 3 onwards. Blizzard is like a judge affiliated to a political party: nobody can expect a neutral or objective verdict from him.

I got in touch with the Warcraft universe thanks to what I consider the best game in the franchise: Warcraft 2, and as a result, I consider that game as the cornerstone of what World of Warcraft should be. I know that I belong to a minority, because most of you started playing the most popular one: Warcraft 3 (the most dull and soft of the trilogy for my taste).

But I will stop rambling more; let's talk about the High Elves. Everybody knows that they have been perhaps the most popular claim of the alliance player-base over the last decade… and Blizzard always knew that. The question is: what have they done regarding that claim? They have ignored it intentionally for years.

Obviously, we could assume that Blizzard has no story to tell about the High Elves and that they consider them as a race condemned to disappear completely sooner or later… Ok, it’s their game; we can’t do anything in that case.

However, while they have continued ignoring any claims regarding the High Elves, at the same time Blizzard never has ceased to show us throughout the last expansions how the High Elves acted as a consistent, well defined and numerous race capable even of influencing the conflicts of Azeroth; like continually showing off us something we will never have. How cruel!

Then, the last straw that broke the camel appeared: the inclusion of the Void Elves from nowhere. Is it a bad joke? Are those Void Elves supposed to be the answer of that long awaited claim? It seems so, confirming that Blizzard loves to laugh at his customers while spiting them in the face: Blizzard humiliates the alliance player-base once again… (Do you remember the promised “fist-pumping moment” of the Alliance in MoP when Dalaran rejoined the Alliance? How long did it last?)

Dear Blizzard, if you have got the Void Elves out of your marvellous ass with the simply purpose of stopping us claiming the High Elves as a playable race for the Alliance you are totally wrong, and what's more, the “novelties” introduced in ‘Battle for Azeroth’ motivate us even more to persevere in our demands as now they are even more valid than before!

We don’t want some Blood Elves traitorous to the Horde and corrupted with void energies… get those polydrug addicted elves where they fit! We want the pure High Elves you don’t stop of showing off to us expansion after expansion! We want the Quel’dorei of the silver unicorn to return to the Alliance again!

For example, these are the most popular excuses people give in order to make us think our claim is impossible to be carried out as well as their corresponding anti-excuses that destroy all of them:

Scarce population / there is not enough high elves so as to they can be a playable race

How many goblins can be aboard a boat? How many pandaren can live over a turtle? How many void elves can Alleria train per hour? In short, numbers don’t matter for Blizzard: if the Void Elves (a limited group of blood elves infested with the void) can be playable, the High Elves even more so!

The same race is already on the horde / that would break the faction identity

What’s the difference between a pandaren of the Horde and another of the Alliance? Is it that Blizzard has been concerned about giving the void elves a new model and animations to distinguish them from the blood elves? Obviously not, because they are the same race, aren’t they? Another barrier crossed!

There are no differences between a High or Blood elf / they are exactly the same except for eye color

Apart from the name, the culture, the demonic taint or lack of it, the colors and hairstyles they wear, their allegiances, the symbols by which they are represented, the mounts they use, their attitude and morality, their main heroes, the necessity of a Sunwell or not, their past experiences, the territories they control… yes, they are exactly the same thing. (Damn! I’ve forgotten the color of their eyes!)

And by the way, would it be possible to represent the very same race or specie by two different models? Would it be very crazy to make an exclusive model with different animations for the high elves? What an outrage would be that! Well, Blizzard has wasted a lot of time and resources doing precisely that: the new Kul Tiras human models. Enjoy very soon the much requested “allied race” for the Alliance: overweight humans!

Honestly, the inclusion of the Void Elves as an "allied race" refutes one by one every possible excuse and shows how it is fully viable for High Elves to be a playable race for the Alliance: perhaps, simply with new voices, lighter colors and some special features like Alleria-style war paintings they could work.

Putting myself in the shoes of Blizzard, I understand that maybe giving them a different "flavor", the High Elves could be playable in the Alliance in an easier way. For that special "flavor", even the void could play a role, but perhaps in a more “high-elfish” way. For instance, I will explain how I would do it:

• Alleria has been able to use the Void to empower herself without being corrupted in the process.

• Alleria tries the Blood Elves rejoin the Alliance, but she fails. She no longer sees them as her kin.

• Vereesa tries to prove Alleria that Sylvanas can be redeemed, but she also fails, being used by Sylvanas and killed at the end.

• Alleria enters full rage and take the leadership of all the High Elves, promising them to recover their former glory and recover Quel’thalas.

• Alleria train all the high elves at how to use the void to empower themselves, seeing the void not as a way of corruption, but an opportunity to try to balance their position regarding the blood elves, given their lack of Sunwell.

• The high elves at such disappear, becoming Void Elves, a playable allied race of the Alliance under the leadership of Alleria Windrunner, with void unicorns as their mounts and racial crest.

• The Void Elves have two forms: the very customizable high elven one (with a skin from pale to bluish color, great array of hair colors and styles, optional war paintings, etc.) and the void form, being able to switch freely between them.

Those are my thoughts, but as I have said before, I have no longer hope that Blizzard will do things right, not even for once. I'm glad of heart for all those who are satisfied with those traitorous blood elves converted into junkies of void energy… but for me, I’ll still want the proper High Elves on the Alliance as a playable “allied race”.
    Last edited by Northem; 2017-11-09 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    ^
    Holy shit. Just holy shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    my god ahahahahaHAHAHA. Northem, you've really surpassed yourself this time, just wow.