Page 95 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Me being called a flat earther is a lot higher affront to my intelligence.

Nice hipocrycy.
    Really ? I thought you shared sense of pride in your...unique...views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Are you sure? Every comment of yours is spiteful and arrogant.
    What not subscribing to your fanfiction ? Or just pointing your ignorance towards both canon, and dev interviews ?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That, I imagine, was a targeted effect specific to Dar'khan while he was present at Quel'danas. It wouldn't be something that could be done to a subset of distant people spread across the land who couldn't be targeted specifically. It's a very specific censure and a special case scenario.
    In that case (it it worked that way)they could just name snipe, targeting any named high elf. Random elf joe might be safe but vereesa would be crawling on the floor etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I understand this is a passionate topic for many, but please debate it politely and without implicitly or explicitly insulting other posters for having a different point of view or opinion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Really ? I thought you shared sense of pride in your...unique...views.
    And we still don't need to resort to personal attacks poorly disguised as attempt at satire to cover for our lack of argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    In that case (it it worked that way)they could just name snipe, targeting any named high elf. Random elf joe might be safe but vereesa would be crawling on the floor etc.
    They could, true. Guess it depends on the mechanics involved, and who actually has that particular power and/or what it requires. But since Vereesa has already overcome her addiction (assuming the renewal of the Sunwell doesn't constitute an effective "reset") and Alleria no longer needs it being empowered by the Void it probably wouldn't help now for those particular people.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    They could, true. Guess it depends on the mechanics involved, and who actually has that particular power and/or what it requires. But since Vereesa has already overcome her addiction (assuming the renewal of the Sunwell doesn't constitute an effective "reset") and Alleria no longer needs it being empowered by the Void it probably wouldn't help now for those particular people.
    Last I checked she never got over her addiction, she just switched to mana gems etc
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Here's my 2 cents why there's Void Elves and not High Elves (not sure if this has been said yet): The remaining "High" Elves (aka the small group of elves who did not turn to Fel in TBC) are decimated in the Siege of Undercity/Burning of Teldressil and any survivors would now turn to Alleria and her Void Elves. Thus going forward, the concept of a "High" Elf no longer exists in WoW... They have all become either Blood or Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Degas View Post
    Here's my 2 cents why there's Void Elves and not High Elves (not sure if this has been said yet): The remaining "High" Elves (aka the small group of elves who did not turn to Fel in TBC) are decimated in the Siege of Undercity/Burning of Teldressil and any survivors would now turn to Alleria and her Void Elves. Thus going forward, the concept of a "High" Elf no longer exists in WoW... They have all become either Blood or Void.
    Void elves exist because Blizzard wanted to make them, high elves still do not exist (playable on alliance) because Blizzard isn't interested in adding them.

If Blizzard wanted to add playable high elves instead of void elves they could have easily had Alleria rallying up scattered high elves to form a new settlement or something. But that's not what they're interested in doing. It's not where they want to take the story.

So high elves are not being added and I doubt they will be anytime soon.

Personally I think there's too many off-shoots of Elves already... Merely sharing how I think the story is going to play out in BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Degas View Post
    Personally I think there's too many off-shoots of Elves already... Merely sharing how I think the story is going to play out in BFA
    While I don't mind the ones being added now I will agree they shouldn't add any more elves after this. Not for a long time at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Void elves exist because Blizzard wanted to make them, high elves still do not exist (playable on alliance) because Blizzard isn't interested in adding them.

If Blizzard wanted to add playable high elves instead of void elves they could have easily had Alleria rallying up scattered high elves to form a new settlement or something. But that's not what they're interested in doing. It's not where they want to take the story.

So high elves are not being added and I doubt they will be anytime soon.

void elves are technically high elves....they really are....except for some class restrictions (for example some people would like to play as a paladin, i feel them but it is what it is) they are exiled blood elves playable in the alliance (and as we know, blood elves = high elves). the smart people will embrace this and will forever be happy with this adition....the others, will cry for all etirnity and will never find peace and joy in this game. i dont intent to become one of them.

i am very happy that i will be able to play as a high/blood elf in the alliance even if it is a bit recolored. i have alleria windrunner as a leader and i can easily rp that my toon was a member of the alliance back in the day and now that alleria returned i joined her forces, embraced the void under her guidance and rejoined my old alliance..

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I wont have a single problem with that actually. As long the reason and lore behind it is solid.

- - - Updated - - -

Void elves are not high elves. We are speaking about HE and not VE.

Even this argument is a form of ''blizzard said so''
    Blood Elves, High Elves and Void Elves are all the same thing though. Historically and genetically speaking.

Blood Elves ARE High Elves, they literally just changed their name due to a philosophical difference. Exactly like the founding fathers of the USA left Britain and became Americans...but they're still the same species and race. Void Elves are now Blood Elves who are returning to the Alliance because the power they're practicing is no longer welcome where they live. Much like an America returning to/ moving to England due to them being involved in something that's illegal or frowned upon in the USA but accepted or at least not outlawed in England.

Also, the argument "Blizzard said so" is as solid an argument as any. It's their game, they can do what they want with it, and they literally wrote the book on this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    void elves are technically high elves....they really are....except for some class restrictions (for example some people would like to play as a paladin, i feel them but it is what it is) they are exiled blood elves playable in the alliance (and as we know, blood elves = high elves). the smart people will embrace this and will forever be happy with this adition....the others, will cry for all etirnity and will never find peace and joy in this game. i dont intent to become one of them.

i am very happy that i will be able to play as a high/blood elf in the alliance even if it is a bit recolored. i have alleria windrunner as a leader and i can easily rp that my toon was a member of the alliance back in the day and now that alleria returned i joined her forces, embraced the void under her guidance and rejoined my old alliance..
    I'm certainly not going to complain. Personally I find void elves more interesting than high elves. Sure it's a little convenient that Alleria finds them just in time for their transformation to help them, but it doesn't bother me. I mean it's not like it's the first time there's been a massive coincidence. Oh no this lost goblin ship wandered into the path of Alliance that are trying to capture Thrall for some reason. The sha of fear happens to break free and impact the mantid queen just in time to be a major 5.0 antagonist. We show up on Argus just in time to thwart Sargeras' new pantheon plan despite nobody knowing about it. We happen to go to Ulduar to kill Yogg-Saron at the right time to stop Algalon before he sends his signal. Okay that's enough of that.

The only downside I have is that I think this means Horde will probably eventually get Ethereals rather than Alliance since we now have a void themed race already. Well that's assuming we ever get them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Blood Elves, High Elves and Void Elves are all the same thing though. Historically and genetically speaking.

Blood Elves ARE High Elves, they literally just changed their name due to a philosophical difference. Exactly like the founding fathers of the USA left Britain and became Americans...but they're still the same species and race. Void Elves are now Blood Elves who are returning to the Alliance because the power they're practicing is no longer welcome where they live. Much like an America returning to/ moving to England due to them being involved in something that's illegal or frowned upon in the USA but accepted or at least not outlawed in England.

Also, the argument "Blizzard said so" is as solid an argument as any. It's their game, they can do what they want with it, and they literally wrote the book on this stuff.
    Except void elves are mutated away from their thalnassian cousins so they're not the same, not to the same degree high/blood elves are genetically.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'm certainly not going to complain. Personally I find void elves more interesting than high elves. Sure it's a little convenient that Alleria finds them just in time for their transformation to help them, but it doesn't bother me. I mean it's not like it's the first time there's been a massive coincidence. Oh no this lost goblin ship wandered into the path of Alliance that are trying to capture Thrall for some reason. The sha of fear happens to break free and impact the mantid queen just in time to be a major 5.0 antagonist. We show up on Argus just in time to thwart Sargeras' new pantheon plan despite nobody knowing about it. We happen to go to Ulduar to kill Yogg-Saron at the right time to stop Algalon before he sends his signal. Okay that's enough of that.

The only downside I have is that I think this means Horde will probably eventually get Ethereals rather than Alliance since we now have a void themed race already. Well that's assuming we ever get them.

- - - Updated - - -

Except void elves are mutated away from their thalnassian cousins so they're not the same, not to the same degree high/blood elves are genetically.
    If Blood Elf = High Elf and Void Elf = Blood Elf then Void Elf = High Elf basically. Using a comic book example....just because your family member gets turned into Captain America through some experiment and gets mutated into a super hero doesn't make him any less your relative. They can still be genetically traced to you. Sure, they've changed and now have a power that you don't, genetic mutations and genetic drift are natural occurrences and happen all the time.....but not this fast. We're talking about elves that lived together just a few decades ago (maybe less, time is weird in WoW, but Blood Elves only became a thing after the third war...after the Scourge ravaged Quel'thalas and Kael'thas caused a philosohical schism among his people).

The way I see it, void elves WERE blood elves, yes. But they've been mutated. Like how some night elves became naga and satyrs except the physical changes aren't AS drastic, though still enough you wouldn't mix the two up unless they're completely covered up. Their skin hair and eyes are different, their voices are echoey from the void in their audio. Some of them have those weird hair tentacles.

Yes, they're still related to blood elves. They're no longer blood elves politically though, and I'd argue the changes are enough to no longer classify them as the same race as regular blood elves. Unlike the Quel'dorei/Sin'dorei split the Ren'dorei are not a purely political divsion. They didn't rename themselves to honor the fallen or some other gesture, they renamed themselves because they were changed. Their basic body shape is the same but I'd argue enough has changed that calling them blood elves doesn't really fit anymore.

Though there is the question of their long term viability as a separate race. We don't know how many there are, if the void changes are hereditary or not. Will they be like naga that most likely beget more naga, or like worgen where a blue said the worgen curse was not heriditary? I'm guessing it is hereditary since this is a mutation like the naga and not a case of a druidtic shapeshifting form run amok but we'll see. If it's not hereditary, can they reliably and (somewhat) safely replicate the change to make more void elves from volunteers? If not then they'll die out sooner or later.

A LOT of these problems would have been solved if blizzard simply added an OOC form for Void elves that turn into high elves (form with maybe with purple eyes instead ?)
    because I dont know about you guys, but in combat (PVE or PVP ) I hardly have time to praise and make love ! to my character, and I mostly enjoy my character when out of combat or doing quests. the same thing they gave to worgens, could have been given to Void elves and it if not for 100% , atleast for 50-70% would fix the problem.
    Last edited by LuminaL; 2017-12-15 at 01:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    A LOT of these problems would have been solved if blizzard simply added an OOC form for Void elves that turn into high elves (form with maybe with purple eyes instead ?)
    because I dont know about you guys, but in combat (PVE or PVP ) I hardly have time to praise and make love ! to my character, and I mostly enjoy my character when out of combat or doing quests. the same thing they gave to worgens, could have been given to Void elves and it if not for 100% , atleast for 50-70% would fix the problem.
    Actually, that's not a half bad proposition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets be honest here, the only reason Blizzard came up with Blood Elves and all this TBC lore and slight retcons, was so that the Horde would get a "pretty" race, and paladins.
    as for the Draenei, Alliance needed a non-human big race that could be shamans. So there you go.

If Blizzard's TBC storytelling was logical,
    there would be no Bloodelves,
    Draenei would still be the Lost Ones,
    Alliance would get High Elves,
    and Horde would get Ogres.
    And no shamy/paly swaps.

Now, seeing as 80% of the Horde population (kinda like 30% of all players) play Bloodelves, mostly due to them looking great in armor, they wrote two lines of lore, and greated a race out of a single character, so that the Alliance can have the Bloodelf model as well.

If you thought Bloodelves were Weeb-magnets, wait until Void Elves go live.
    Void Elf population will go from the lorewise 0.001% to most popular race of the Alliance.

As for the people who want High Elves, sure, why not.
    High Elves, Wildhammers, Broken, NE-Worgens, Furbolgs for Alliance,
    and Ogres, Forest Trolls, Mag'har, Elf-Forsaken, for the Horde, make perfect sense.
    I'm surprised they didnt add them in BFA.

Now back to the High Elves,
    Blizzard said that there will be an option to turn off the "void" effects.
    And i'm pretty sure there will be some light-colored hair, and a skin with no tattoos.
    So there you go, pretty much High Elves.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2017-12-15 at 05:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    Look, that may have solved the 'problem' of people who want to pretend they are a High Elf on the Alliance but everyone who suggests it, and many have, deliberately ignores the bigger picture.

If Blizzard was going to allow that, why bother doing the whole Void Elf thing anyway? Why not just add Alliance High Elves?
    Void Elves were deliberately altered so that the Alliance would have the model but in a way that nobody could ever mistake it for a High Elf or a Blood Elf. Why?

Because of faction integrity.

If you want to play a certain race or a certain fantasy or a certain aesthetic, Pandaren excepted as they were designed to be neutral and that is the entire point of them and their story, you need to commit to the faction as a whole.

Everything people value about the High Elves, from their culture and history to their look and feel, is accessible if you play a Blood Elf.
    Void Elves have the model, but they look very different from the High/Blood Elves.
    Void Elves have a complete different aesthetic from the High/Blood Elves. They look similar, but they don't feel similar.

If you want to be a High Elf, a traditional High Elf, you have to play on the Horde.

If you can't stand the Horde and all you wanted was the model, you now have the Void Elves on the Alliance.

If you want to be a traditional High Elf on the Alliance, then tough.

I sincerely hope the Silver Covenant, the faction of High Elves quoted by every pro High Elven poster on these forums, meets a swift death in Darkshore. Bringing their story an end may allow people to move on and accept the Void Elves as the only version of a thalassian elf they are ever likely to get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    And i'm pretty sure there will be some light-colored hair, and a skin with no tattoos.
    The model of Void Elf you see now IS the base form, with the void effects off.

There are six skin colours as it stands, thats around the average of several other in game races and three more than the Nightborne have.

Their hair colours also seem to be 'void-themed'. Browns, blondes and reds seem to be deliberately excluded as they clash with the race's aesthetic.

Finally, a Void Elf is NOT a High Elf. They used to be, but they changed themselves by imbibing the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Lets be honest here, the only reason Blizzard came up with Blood Elves and all this TBC lore and slight retcons, was so that the Horde would get a "pretty" race, and paladins.
    as for the Draenei, Alliance needed a non-human big race that could be shamans. So there you go.

If Blizzard's TBC storytelling was logical,
    there would be no Bloodelves,
    Draenei would still be the Lost Ones,
    Alliance would get High Elves,
    and Horde would get Ogres.
    And no shamy/paly swaps.

Now, seeing as 80% of the Horde population (kinda like 30% of all players) play Bloodelves, mostly due to them looking great in armor, they wrote two lines of lore, and greated a race out of a single character, so that the Alliance can have the Bloodelf model as well.

If you thought Bloodelves were Weeb-magnets, wait until Void Elves go live.
    Void Elf population will go from the lorewise 0.001% to most popular race of the Alliance.

As for the people who want High Elves, sure, why not.
    High Elves, Wildhammers, Broken, NE-Worgens, Furbolgs for Alliance,
    and Ogres, Forest Trolls, Mag'har, Elf-Forsaken, for the Horde, make perfect sense.
    I'm surprised they didnt add them in BFA.

But blood elves were introduced in frozen throne. So your argument kinda loses sense at very start.