Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    That's not saying much when WoW will probably have around 2-3 millions subs by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I think classic will bring in a fair amount of players, I very much doubt it will succeed the amount of players retail has. VERY much doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye - on free servers

real classic wont be free - lets see how many of those people will be willing to pay 15 $ for real vanilla experience
    As someone who has played on many private servers and is well connected in that scene, I have truly never met someone who plays them to dodge a subscription fee and I don't know anyone who isn't hyped for this announcement because they will need to pay money.

During expansion layovers vanilla will without a doubt be more popular

Deleted
    Not going to happen, Classic servers will most likely require a separate purchase and subscription, not many people are going to pay for something temporary, unless it's just to experience it, but most will end up quitting the before the week ends. Another half will drop by the time the sub runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I think blizz is smart enough to massively increase spawn rates of mobs/ore etc at launch, it would be literally unplayable if they didnt. That to me (well, and bugs) is the only thing that should be different about classic.
    Once again with the classic + stuffs. Camping spawn sites was part of the experience.

There is going to be a huge tourist boom at launch, but it won't last. I'll be surprised if Vanilla manages to maintain even 1/4 of Live's population. Maybe even less.

That's not saying anything against Vanilla, I just think the audience is smaller than some people like to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    There is going to be a huge tourist boom at launch, but it won't last. I'll be surprised if Vanilla manages to maintain even 1/4 of Live's population. Maybe even less.

That's not saying anything against Vanilla, I just think the audience is smaller than some people like to think.
    It absolutely is and always has been. There are definitely some things I miss from that era such as soul shards I could carry in my bags, class quests to obtain my minions/mounts and certain spells they did away with but for the few things I miss, there are plenty I do not. However, I will gladly play it regardless of the cost because the entertainment I'll get from watching people who never played vanilla try to play it now will be worth it and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I think blizz is smart enough to massively increase spawn rates of mobs/ore etc at launch, it would be literally unplayable if they didnt. That to me (well, and bugs) is the only thing that should be different about classic.
    had to quote this. hahaha, what an absolute idiot.

I think it’s success will be entirely tied to its release window and monetization. If they add it to the regular sub price then classic should spike above retail at launch and again when they decide to patch classic. However if the release window is too close to a major retail patch release then I’d have trouble believing it could.