Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No.

Kids these days play other kinds of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Vanilla fanbois drastically overthinking the popularity of a decade and a half old game mode that is so outdated it almost physically hurts.
    This basically.

It probably will but blizzard will never confirm that and they likely won't release numbers either. I also highly doubt they'll be bro fisting each other either knowing that while launches are usually successful long term retention is a different matter.

A lot of people won't stick around when they realise they can't have the QoL things they've grown accustomed to, the numbers will then drop.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    No.

Kids these days play other kinds of games.
    Im talking about the 25-30+ crowd who had played then and long since quit. Obviously the new kids will want to try it depending on if their friends do or not, but do not underestimate the married 30 year olds taking some work off for this lol.

Its gonna be legit nutty at launch, hope blizz plans accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Im talking about the 25-30+ crowd who had played then and long since quit. Obviously the new kids will want to try it depending on if their friends do or not, but do not underestimate the married 30 year olds taking some work off for this lol.

Its gonna be legit nutty at launch, hope blizz plans accordingly.
    The 25-30 people don't have time to play Vanilla anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    The 25-30 people don't have time to play Vanilla anymore.
    These are exactly the people i talked about in my OP, people you wouldnt even dream played video games.....played wow back then lol. I just dont think people understand how huge this is going to be, this is an opportunity for people to relive their childhood, many are not going to let that chance slip by......vacation time is a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably spike up past retail and then have a sharp drop-off once all of the casuals realize vanilla required grinding and killing more than 1-2 mobs at a time was often times almost impossible for most classes.

I doubt it retains even a million active players after a few weeks. Most of the things that made vanilla fun are just... over and done. The magic can't be recaptured except in memories that paint the whole experience in very unhelpful nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    i agree which is why we will get a average expansion this time,it gives blizz the exuse to go easy and not have too much new features in the expansion,just my opinion .
    You do realise that no one in the wow team is working on classic? That's why chris and alex couldn't say shit about classic when they were asked those questions. Its almost like asking them something about starcraft 2.

Unless retail drops sub 500k that's not likely to happen.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Sure no one is arguing that its going to stay that way, just for a few months and the nostalgia wears off. I just wanted to make this thread to inform people on how truly massive this is going to be at launch, and if you are a fan of MMO's you should really drop whatever game you are playing at the time and swing by, you likely wont see anything like it again.

Classic will have a very popular launch, definitely.

Definitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a very short time, I can agree it is possible.

Give it a month though and live will be back in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Vanilla fanbois drastically overthinking the popularity of a decade and a half old game mode that is so outdated it almost physically hurts.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You do realise that no one in the wow team is working on classic? That's why chris and alex couldn't say shit about classic when they were asked those questions. Its almost like asking them something about starcraft 2.
    There is a new team hired by Blizzard. Unless you are daft, you discovered this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    There is a new team hired by Blizzard. Unless you are daft, you discovered this.
    Did you even read the post I was quoting?

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    They are hiring now. There is a post for the lead, because nobody wants the job.

As much as people who whine a lot about wanting something, having just a vanilla server wont be enough for them. Theyll continue on asking for more. I wont be surprised that theyd like the conveniences of the other stuffs thats been introduced since their vanilla 'glory days'.

How would you even find out about that though? This isn't a private server where you can /who and see how many people are playing globally lol
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I'd love to see an infographic 3 months after the classic servers drop.

How many people resubbed for classic.
    How many people quit before reaching level 10.
    ... level 20.
    ... level 30.
    ... level 40.
    Hit level 40 and couldn't buy their first mount.
    ... level 50.
    ... level 60.
    Hours spent before being able to afford epic riding.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. I also bet it loses 95% of it's players in less than a month.
    95% number pretty much is proof you are just trying to be a jerk. I will imagine it will go like the new expansion though. A month or two of hustle and bustle and then it settling down to its core audience as everyone that isn't leaves to play the other, or the more likely, neither.