Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Well, bears are supremely more sturdy than a bull ;>.
    I know but its odd cuz, for example. a tauren warrior grabs a shield and a sword. AND HES A DAMN BULL LOL. then this druid shifts from being one mammal to another mammal. and tanks lol. I dunno its just.....i know its fantasy and all but holy shit somethings are whack lol.

almost as odd as seeing a gnome tank take on ragnaros lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    As an Alliance Druid, this honestly just makes me want to abandon my class more than anything
    Dramatic much?

Quote Originally Posted by Exerionx View Post
    Dramatic much?
    Nope because I want to try out the new feature that is Allied Races, and Blizzard has chosen that if you're an Alliance Druid, you don't get to try it out as your main. I'm not the kind of person to really play alts, so I'm given an ultimatum of quit my class or give up playing a new race.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Just to be fair the Alliance should get the new fox people and they should be able to be druids. They would be worth at least 3 other druid races.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Just to be fair the Alliance should get the new fox people and they should be able to be druids. They would be worth at least 3 other druid races.
    IMO they should just swap LF Draenei and HM Tauren or some shit. That or swap out one of the crappy races (read: LF Draenei) for one that can be a Druid.

Or, y'know, just say fuck the lore and give us Void Druids since the classes the elves can be are kinda eh (all pures, Priest, Warrior Monk. Meh).
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Nope because I want to try out the new feature that is Allied Races, and Blizzard has chosen that if you're an Alliance Druid, you don't get to try it out as your main. I'm not the kind of person to really play alts, so I'm given an ultimatum of quit my class or give up playing a new race.
    ...this is the definition of dramatic.

No they should not do anything as ridiculous as Void Elf Druids or swapping Highmountain Tauren for Lightforged Draenei. Like seriously, where is the sense in that? If you are very lucky then they may put in the effort for regular Draenei to get Druids but otherwise you are shit out of luck for now. Blame the lackluster Allied races Ally got not that they aren't mangling their concepts to force Druids into them. If you want to be a different Druid on Alliance then start campaigning positively for an Allied race that supports one. Some starting points:

Unlikely (Already have an Allied race):
    - Broken Draenei
    - Wildhammer Dwarves
    - Vulpira?

Suitable:
    - Night Elven Worgen

10+ Year Old Account
    ...why can't we have non-nature Druids/Shapeshifters?
    Sigh. Quick, what's a druid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Kinda annoyed horde gets 2 druid races and alliance gets none.. Hope they add some (nice) druid races for alliance. Please not dwarves, can't stand those little fat fucks
    Dunno, in diversty terms its still just 2 races since animations and gear will look the same on all 2 standart and subraces. As a horde player I'm really dissapointed to get antoher 2 options of stinking troll feets or weird looking head transmogs for tauren. I really hoped that nightborne would be on of the new Races that could be druids but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Sigh. Quick, what's a druid?
    Indoor Entangling Roots
    Tauren Paladins who worship the Sun
    Literal spaceships in a medieval fantasy game

Yeah I think the lore can bend quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    You're not being given an ultimatum. You're being given new content, and you're making up a scenario in your head that someone is forcing you to do it. You can just stay Alliance on whatever you're playing now. See? No ultimatum. Now if you want to play a new allied race, you'll have to switch. That's called compromise, not an ultimatum. An ultimatum would be if they took Druids away from Alliance altogether and said, "If you want to play Druid, play Horde."
    Except, again, I don't do alts and I won't really experience Allied Races unless I make it my main. Plus there was not a single reason given as to why Horde gets 2 Druids and Alliance gets 0. Not a single reason, let alone a good one, was given.

You're more than welcome to do your own thing, but it's how I see it and it really sucks. Trying to change my opinion on the matter is fruitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    On-topic: Has it been confirmed that the new Allied races for Horde will be able to play Druid? I asked this question elsewhere and was told, at this time, they aren't able to be Druids. Did that change? If so, will they get their own shapeshift forms?
    HM Tauren has Druid on their class page on the BfA website and it's already been confirmed, multiple times, that Z Trolls will get a Raptor Travel Form.

I mean the OP of THIS THREAD has a source for Z Trolls, and official has HM Tauren as Druid, so yeah, it's been confirmed. Multiple times.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-11-13 at 07:49 PM.

Plus there was not a single reason given as to why Horde gets 2 Druids and Alliance gets 0. Not a single reason, let alone a good one, was given.
    They don't have to list reasons when its so obvious. Trolls and Tauren are Druids today, hence their close brothers are likely to also get that class choice. So thats why Horde gets 2. For Alliance, Dwarves are definitely out, and so are Draenei. Void elves are basically blood/high elves, they also cannot be druids (nevermind that the void is basically the opposite of any "good" magic). There, reasons given.

Only in very few cases have they gone out of their way to create a lot of new lore to support an unlikely race/class combination (like Tauren Paladins, which are just Paladins in name, but not really in spirit), because there otherwise was only one other option for the Horde - and sun magic at least has the same color as holy magic, and both are considered "positive" forces.

Citing a few parts of the Lore you don't agree with and asking them to ruin the lore of the class you're supposed to be part of is really quite backwards. I'm ashamed to know there are Druids out there that want to be Void elves. If you want to quit over this, I for one welcome you to do so.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-11-13 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Travel form doesn't appeal to me...it would be much better if their cat form instead was a Raptor form, now that would be neat.

Even my shaman has a ghost wolf/raptor form...

Wait, unless we get a Cat/Devilsaur form(one can dream), now that would be awesome!
    probably because it wouldn't make much sense ;P [Cat Form] pretty much indicates that you are in fact going to turn into Cat, not a RAPTOR, raptors are not cats in any stretch of the the word
    Also I don't think raptors are all that stealthy...

As for the shamans, well its just a cosmetic glyph. Sure, Ideally this glyph would change the way skill is called but then chances are this would break interaction between ghost wolf with some gameplay mechanics like artifact perks or talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    almost as odd as seeing a gnome tank take on ragnaros lol.
    I have been seeing this for over a decade. Like, I am sure It is reasonable to think gnome tank are unfit for tanking as they appear to raid bosses as some kind of an any but bit bigger bugs/roaches like any other races are fine and wouldn't be smashed by 1st hit.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    probably because it wouldn't make much sense ;P [Cat Form] pretty much indicates that you are in fact going to turn into Cat, not a RAPTOR, raptors are not cats in any stretch of the the word
    Also I don't think raptors are all that stealthy...

As for the shamans, well its just a cosmetic glyph. Sure, Ideally this glyph would change the way skill is called but then chances are this would break interaction between ghost wolf with some gameplay mechanics like artifact perks or talents.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been seeing this for over a decade. Like, I am sure It is reasonable to think gnome tank are unfit for tanking as they appear to raid bosses as some kind of an any but bit bigger bugs/roaches like any other races are fine and wouldn't be smashed by 1st hit.
    Druids with glyph of stars don't turn into moonkins, the icon and even the sound you make are still the same.

Druids with glyph of stars don't turn into moonkins, the icon and even the sound you make are still the same.
    Yeah I never really bought into the name argument. The further one looks the more examples you'll find. Its clearly just a description of the form as of current.

Besides, Zandalari druids are dinomancers not traditional druids anyway so they shouldn't be bound by the same conventions. Furthermore, they could be clever and double up the dinosaur loas as druid forms just like Malorne did with stags form.we've already seen a pterosaur loa that would make a kickass flight form.

Even as I argue this I still (sadly) expect traditional boring forms but let me dream damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Besides, Zandalari druids are dinomancers not traditional druids anyway so they shouldn't be bound by the same conventions. Furthermore, they could be clever and double up the dinosaur loas as druid forms just like Malorne did with stags form.we've already seen a pterosaur loa that would make a kickass flight form.

Even as I argue this I still (sadly) expect traditional boring forms but let me dream damn it!
    ion stated in this last q&a that only the travel form will be a different form, so expect typical cat/ bear stuff with zandalari markings instead of feathers and paint, this combined with the announcement, that druid forms will be locked to the spec ( eg only cat can mogg artifact forms for cat), means for me i will absolutely give up on my druid.

i am done looking at those fugly base forms for trolls and i will not run around as a tauren

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    ion stated in this last q&a that only the travel form will be a different form, so expect typical cat/ bear stuff with zandalari markings instead of feathers and paint, this combined with the announcement, that druid forms will be locked to the spec ( eg only cat can mogg artifact forms for cat), means for me i will absolutely give up on my druid.

i am done looking at those fugly base forms for trolls and i will not run around as a tauren
    The forms being cat, bear etc is extremely disappointing and kills most of my interest in the race. Blizzard is missing a serious opportunity here to expand Druidism to more than the Nelf flavour it currently, predominantly occupies.

Those of you bothered at the lack of new Alliance druids should be bothered by this too. Things like draenei and Wildhammer druids would be a lot more likely if they weren't bound to the traditional format.

Well that is bit different for moonkin and cat/bear forms. Boomkin form doesn't provide any additional skills indicating that you are indeed in moonkin form, cat/bear are. Like, their whole toolkit (skillss, talents etc.) is build around the idea of playing as a cat/bear.
    Not saying it is good or bad, just that it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Well that is bit different for moonkin and cat/bear forms. Boomkin form doesn't provide any additional skills indicating that you are indeed in moonkin form, cat/bear are. Like, their whole toolkit (skillss, talents etc.) is build around the idea of playing as a cat/bear.
    Not saying it is good or bad, just that it is what it is.
    Doesn't matter now, they already confirmed their forms will be the same as the other races.

Its just the first batch of allied races, maybe Alliance will get druid options in the next round. Dwarves and Draenei cant be druids so no reason their allied race version could, blood elves also cannot be druids so no reason the ones who mess around with void magic could either.

Maybe you'll get Furbolgs some day and can be a bearcat, bearbear, bearowl etc. haha

Druid will always be night elf centric in teachings and aesthetic, so you don't have to worry about not getting enough representation. I mean the whole druid thing started with Malfurion. The teachings taught by the Cenarion Circle are formulated by Malfurion and his friends because they are the best out there.