Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    my only viewpoint is 'what is good for activision-blizzard, and how are they most likely to handle any given market opportunity, in terms of best making the product for their target market?'

it is the ONLY thing that matters. This is a very well-run publicly traded company with a CEO with a very clear track record on making his games for the biggest market he can make them for. A sentimentally-tuned classic wow is unlikely, particularly given blizzard's own track record since the merger.
    You lack imagination by assuming that Blizzard will judge Vanilla on its own.

First and foremost they can move stronger against pirated server - by removing the "it's no longer available excuse".

Secondly with time-walking (including raids like MC, BT, and Ulduar) they have shown they reuse old contents in WoW - without getting backlash for reused contents. With new leveling benefits and options in BfA they might also reuse it in other ways.

Thirdly they will use it to generate hype about WoW - and creating themselves as their own competitor.
    However, adding new contents to Vanilla makes no sense as players can already progress beyond old Naxx.

Fourthly they are probably considering how to monetize it. I assume there are die-hard transmog fans that will level up in Vanilla just to get some "no longer available" items to unlock that transmog on normal realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    well we may be looking at this from very different viewpoints.

my only viewpoint is 'what is good for activision-blizzard, and how are they most likely to handle any given market opportunity, in terms of best making the product for their target market?'

it is the ONLY thing that matters. This is a very well-run publicly traded company with a CEO with a very clear track record on making his games for the biggest market he can make them for. A sentimentally-tuned classic wow is unlikely, particularly given blizzard's own track record since the merger.
    Thats a fair point. They will be able to cash out big from this.

But they will do that anyway, atleast at the start. They will sell ALOT of classic and get alot of subs for it, atleast at the start. Maybe over time they will do changes to the game as it goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    FOR THE 55TH THOUSANDTH TIME: If you want anything added/buffed/altered/changed in any way shape or form...you don't want and aren't getting classic wow. /thread

And for those thinking they will eventually upgrade it to TBC and onward. I highly doubt it. If fact, in one of the interviews done during blizzcon one of the reps from blizzard flat out said, "At this time that isn't something we are even discussing. The plan is bring back the classic 1-60 experience and leave it at that." I'd personally be willing to bet my right leg it never goes past the vanilla content. And TBH, it shouldn't.
    But you only have 28 posts.. My brain is crawshingg?!?!!