Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

lol the US can't plan ahead for aman'thul's vision

https://clips.twitch.tv/Philanthropi...uppyBloodTrail

might actually save coins to rekill argus on normal plenty times based on US testing.

There is literally no need to plan ahead for an item. I guess insecure people can scream for 2 weeks straight while the rest of us keep having fun instead of shitting blood.

I'm fine with it, to be honest. In a world where everything is being datamined, I can appreciate having things left a mystery. Maybe the trinkets involve some kind of quest after defeating Argus and that's why Ion didn't want to share anything. Other than that I'm excited for it.

Long as they eventually tell us, I don't mind not knowing right now.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Id like to see world first in a world where nothing was datamined or known until launch

Completely agree with him.

I actually hope they hide more shit in the future. That’s what made a lot of things a mystery back then, barely any data mining. So now we get to see first hand how we get this thing rather than seeing it in advance and then just doing it.

Deleted
    I dont get this on mmo tho "There are places where advance notice is important, but how this item drops isn't one of them."

It isnt one of them cuz its from the last boss and you're done?

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Id like to see world first in a world where nothing was datamined or known until launch
    Would only happen if blizzard does it all in house with no pre or beta. It would be nice to see how long boss take to die without the "practice" sessions on ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    I dont get this on mmo tho "There are places where advance notice is important, but how this item drops isn't one of them."

It isnt one of them cuz its from the last boss and you're done?
    But you're not done, no one kills the boss first week and stops. All this does is either make us plan for nothing if ours personal, or not plan and then have to figure out on the spot who to give it to. Things like this should not be what they leave till last minute

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Would only happen if blizzard does it all in house with no pre or beta. It would be nice to see how long boss take to die without the "practice" sessions on ptr.
    And then have even more bugs, great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But you're not done, no one kills the boss first week and stops. All this does is either make us plan for nothing if ours personal, or not plan and then have to figure out on the spot who to give it to. Things like this should not be what they leave till last minute

- - - Updated - - -

And then have even more bugs, great idea
    HOW? IF they tested it in house? World firsts don't go to test bugs they go to practice and see how to kill it. So they can do it in a couple days.

Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    HOW? IF they tested it in house? World firsts don't go to test bugs they go to practice and see how to kill it. So they can do it in a couple days.

Nothing more.
    Untested bosses are almost always buggy or impossible. All you need to do is look at any mythic/old heroic end boss to see that. Kj was physically impossible before nerfs, and it's not new, c'thun says hi

Personally I hate it when they hide shit, the worst examples being that something is definitely known to exist, but in their stupidity they forget to flip a switch to allow proper access to it, such as that rogue mog piece this expac that was permanently missing a piece because dumbshits forgot to make it accessible and instead BSed about us not properly finding it for 1/2 of an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Personally I hate it when they hide shit, the worst examples being that something is definitely known to exist, but in their stupidity they forget to flip a switch to allow proper access to it, such as that rogue mog piece this expac that was permanently missing a piece because dumbshits forgot to make it accessible and instead BSed about us not properly finding it for 1/2 of an expansion.
    Or the Arms hidden appearance.
    There's no way that wasn't them fucking up.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Seems cool TBH, it's no doubt got some hidden trigger on the Argus fight that allows it to drop. Reminds me of Yogg and how you could only get Mim's head if you did Yogg with all 4 watcher buffs disabled.

Seems cool TBH. It'll be fun watching the mystery be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Seems cool TBH, it's no doubt got some hidden trigger on the Argus fight that allows it to drop. Reminds me of Yogg and how you could only get Mim's head if you did Yogg with all 4 watcher buffs disabled.

Seems cool TBH. It'll be fun watching the mystery be solved.
    It's more being obtuse about how it drops then anything, doubt there's some cool mechanic, and it definitely won't be difficult, damn thing drops in normal.

More than likely it won't drop for months and people will claim blizzard didn't add it, then blizzard will flip some switch they "forgot" to and blame players for not finishing things in the right way to get it.

And its not even just planning ahead for this trinket, its ALL of the pantheon trinkets. It's super important they go to the right people off the bat or the whole system is fucked.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-11-17 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's more being obtuse about how it drops then anything, doubt there's some cool mechanic, and it definitely won't be difficult, damn thing drops in normal.

More than likely it won't drop for months and people will claim blizzard didn't add it, then blizzard will flip some switch they "forgot" to and blame players for not finishing things in the right way to get it.
    Hard mode says hi. They want their extra rewards back.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Hard mode says hi. They want their extra rewards back.
    They haven't had a hard mode since mop, and the only hard mode that was ever hard were the ones in Ulduar.

It's the same item level no matter what, so if there is a "trigger" mechanic it'll just be a gimic, since normal has to be tuned for normal raiders.

My guess is that it's a 100% drop, and we get personally awarded it by Aman'thul himself as part of the cinematic or something. The way it works with the constant progression implies we're expected to have it on repeat clears.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    My guess is that it's a 100% drop, and we get personally awarded it by Aman'thul himself as part of the cinematic or something. The way it works with the constant progression implies we're expected to have it on repeat clears.
    Maybe (MAYBE) the epics, but there's no progression with aman'thul's, it drops at 1000

Deleted
    It would be really funny if it was rewarded for "Chosen one" type Achievement on HC/Mythic