Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Talking Jokes/pranks at work.

I used to change a few keys on the secretaries keyboard. She thought she had a virus. I also would hold down alt, ctrl, and press the left or right arrow key (try it on your own). She would turn her monitor on it's side and prop it up against some books and keep working. Another one is every time she would get up and start to walk away from her desk we'd call her extension and hang up right before she picked up the phone. She'd go back and forth 4-5 times before she ran to the bathroom.

You sound like a bully.

Being an asshole is not a prank.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    I used to change a few keys on the secretaries keyboard. She thought she had a virus. I also would hold down alt, ctrl, and press the left or right arrow key (try it on your own). She would turn her monitor on it's side and prop it up against some books and keep working. Another one is every time she would get up and start to walk away from her desk we'd call her extension and hang up right before she picked up the phone. She'd go back and forth 4-5 times before she ran to the bathroom.
    You sound like the kind of kid that would pull the hair of the girl he likes.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you took "The Office" too seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would write your ass up

Very childish

I seriously hope that your secretary is a real asshole or you get in trouble

7+ Year Old Account
    Firing offense at my company. No joke.

And there you went from having a laugh, to being a bully. Too bad she doesnt seem smart enough to report you to HR..
    I've no idea what to write here.

LOL. You kids have no sense of humor.

I have a sense of humor, but also a sense of empathy and work ethics *shrug*

Deleted
    We don't have a kids' sense of humour, no.

Deleted
    Playful banter =/= Hindering coworkers from doing their job

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Playful banter =/= Hindering coworkers from doing their job
    Being the boss =/= having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Firing offense at my company. No joke.
    Yep. This falls under harassment at my job as well.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I feel like I'm surrounded by hipster millennials.

10+ Year Old Account
    i remember after 9/11 we kept putting bags of saw dust marked Anthrax in this one guys lunch box. he was kind of hefty so instead of osama bin ladin, we would call him salami-ben-eating

Trying to be funny and keeping others from working or harassing them is an excellent way to get fired or sued these days. Oddly employers want the people they pay to work not screw around and keep others from working.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You should be fired. You should go to work to work not act as a child.

Being the boss =/= having fun.
    If you are the boss then you are doing a great job of laying the ground work for a hostile work environment case.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."