Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Romance and rape are becoming synonyms.
    romantic rapists?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I feel like the this issue really is divided into two main camps: the first are sticklers for a hysterical notion of consent, these people are almost always socially awkward/inept rejects/undesirables and in the overwhelming majority of cases have probably never even had sex themselves, and the second group is pretty much everyone else (also known as normal people).

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    romantic rapists?
    To be perfectly clear it isn't my position that rape isn't rape. It is merely that romantic actions that normal people use to initiate and use during healthy relationships can get caught up in increasingly broadening litigation that could make spontaneous expression a trap. Letter vs spirit, and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    "Play it safe" ? Like signed documents of consent before doing the dirty?
    Like don't trick women into getting drunk and not take advantage of em for a start?

10+ Year Old Account
    No means no unless you're in a relationship with safewords. In that case teddybear means no.

Deleted
    I am amazed people are still discussing this

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    "Excited consent?" I think both me and my girlfriend have raped ourselves in occassions by that definition. Sometimes you just want casual/quick sex, not something that will make you jump in anticipation or excitement.

How about not fucking drunk people, or stopping as soon as someone says no/safeword?

No doesn’t mean stop. If you’re making out and you go to put your hand under the shirt, a no means you aren’t given consent to put your hand under the shirt, not that consent for making out was revoked (aka stop).
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

I joke, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    So then you don't have much life experience and don't know many people. That really disqualifies you from acting as an expert here.

The number of people who have never drank alcohol isn’t very large. Also, the number of people who have never had a relationship isn’t very large as well.

So I have to with the TPB response to inconceivable in regards to your knowledge of what “life experience” means.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    No doesn’t mean stop. If you’re making out and you go to put your hand under the shirt, a no means you aren’t given consent to put your hand under the shirt, not that consent for making out was revoked (aka stop).
    Well, I imagine people have enough brainpower to communicate with more words than no what exactly the no is for, otherwise you should stop everything you are doing because you are fucking someone that expects you to read their mind and that in itself is a big turn off imo