Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Red face Vanilla Haters: "keep the game as buggy as possible" 'Its not Vanilla if.."

So tired of seeing comments from Vanilla haters telling a community of a game they arent going to play, how to play it. There are Vanilla purists and we can understand why and there are people who want to remaster the game without touching the actual gameplay of grinds, social communities and so on. No body misses Vanilla WoW for its bugs/exploits, the specs with really bad balance, and so on. "If you change that then its not Vanilla" " you guys think you do but you dont, its not vanilla anymore if you do that" "if you want that then play retail"

Call it French Vanilla if you want but stop being dumb lol its a totally different game than retail and the changes people want to make to Vanilla do not make it retail nor take the fun or essence of what made Vanilla wow what it is. Look how well Pokemon was able to take its classic games and remake them while keeping the spirit of the game intact. Pokemon remakes go overboard by introducing new mechanics from new Pokemon games which is not what people are asking for, moreso the aesthetic appeal and small qol changes like picking loot up automatically.

If you arent going to play vanilla, dont give your opinion about it because it doesnt affect you and no ones cares. Imagine someone ordering a food you dont like the taste of and telling them how to enjoy it, what toppings to put on it, how to cook it. fuck off please. You have your own version of Wow to worry about and now is the best time to try and get your flying mounts at lvl 1, destroy factions, remove leveling, and have WOD with mythic+ a thing

"You asked for Vanilla thats what your getting" , clearly Im asking for more

What people wan't doesn't matter. What matters is what blizzard gives (which probably won't be much). I'm just waiting for when the people who actually end playing start asking for new content, now that would be pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    So tired of seeing comments from Vanilla haters telling a community of a game they arent going to play, how to play it. There are Vanilla purists and we can understand why and there are people who want to remaster the game without touching the actual gameplay of grinds, social communities and so on. No body misses Vanilla WoW for its bugs/exploits, the specs with really bad balance, and so on. "If you change that then its not Vanilla" " you guys think you do but you dont, its not vanilla anymore if you do that" "if you want that then play retail"

Call it French Vanilla if you want but stop being dumb lol its a totally different game than retail and the changes people want to make to Vanilla do not make it retail nor take the fun or essence of what made Vanilla wow what it is. Look how well Pokemon was able to take its classic games and remake them while keeping the spirit of the game intact. Pokemon remakes go overboard by introducing new mechanics from new Pokemon games which is not what people are asking for, moreso the aesthetic appeal and small qol changes like picking loot up automatically.

If you arent going to play vanilla, dont give your opinion about it because it doesnt affect you and no ones cares. Imagine someone ordering a food you dont like the taste of and telling them how to enjoy it, what topics to put on it, how to cook it. fuck off please. You have your own version of Wow to worry about and now is the best time to try and get your flying mounts at lvl 1, destroy factions, remove leveling, and have WOD with mythic+ a thing
    YOU bithced and whined for years about how vanilla was so fucking awesome and all Blizzard had to do was pull the code out and relaunch it. Now you're getting it and you want them to changed things. If it was so awesome, why change? Oh, right, you're children with no self-control. The is why I'd have vetoed this were I Blizzard CEO - rewarding whiny kids never works. They always want more.

If someone wants classic WoW with features that the current-content WoW has and has obtained through non-vanilla updates, then it is no longer classic WoW. How hard is that to get. You can't glorify something and then be all exhilarated about seeing tens upon tens of changes to the original game, saying it would be better. It would be better indeed, but it wouldn't be classic WoW.

This isn't hating on those that want to experience vanilla; I played it myself, enjoyed it and moved on. However, people glorified vanilla beyond what it objectively should be glorified for and now want more than vanilla because they know vanilla isn't as good as they make it out to be.

What does it mean when people point this out? It isn't hate; it means to point out that people who have cried out for the vanilla experience have all along wanted an experience that isn't vanilla. If you want vanilla with current refinements added, then you do not want vanilla; what you want is cross-patch experience. It should be called exactly this - crosspatch WoW, not vanilla WoW. You can at least be honest to yourself.

Oh hey it's @Coffeexbean, one of the more toxic posters when it comes to WoW Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the scene from Aladdin when Jafar wishes to become an all powerful genie. Sorry bud you get everything that goes with it.

I will play on these servers regardless, I enjoy the occasional grind of Vanilla. I do think they should leave all the bugs in the game that they didn't immediately patch due to them being horrible or an exploit (i.e. reckoning bomb/ZG plague). It's part of the charm of vanilla, the occasional buggy experience. Kobolds phasing through walls, creatures flying across the plains to get you, etc
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

More like now that Blizzard has announced legacy servers, there's infighting between vanilla purists and others who want QOL changes.

Good luck with that.

If you arent going to play vanilla, dont give your opinion about it because it doesnt affect you and no ones cares. Imagine someone ordering a food you dont like the taste of and telling them how to enjoy it, what toppings to put on it, how to cook it. fuck off please. You have your own version of Wow to worry about and now is the best time to try and get your flying mounts at lvl 1, destroy factions, remove leveling, and have WOD with mythic+ a thing

"You asked for Vanilla thats what your getting" , clearly Im asking for more
    I'm a purist and I want to play vanilla like I did back then. That includes laughing at people who think they will be allowed to play ret in end game content. That includes struggling to buy bags + skills + mount.

Only things I would be fine with is bug fixing cuz getting stuck in looting position for 10 minutes was not a design idea, it was just a bug.
    Bad specs were design ideas, not bugs.

Imagine, when Blizzard roll-out vanilla patchnotes, what a drama shitstorm will be here

If you arent going to play vanilla, dont give your opinion about it because it doesnt affect you and no ones cares.
    Considering it will take a team to implement this it will affect anyone who plays any blizzard game. Where do you think that team will come from?

I can't speak for everyone because I am not everyone. For me personally, I want classic wow or vanilla wow I never got to end game before TBC came out and want to experience it. I am very excited for it. What I'm not happy about is the few people who whined and whined about getting "legacy" servers and sending death threats and rape threats to anyone who sounded like they were opposed to it and the constant spamming of "legacy" servers on everything that wasn't legacy servers. Now when I log on to classic wow probably towards the end of the next expansion I'll probably feel bad for getting something I've always wanted.

And I'm sure people here will say, "I wasn't one of those people" which is probably true which is great, but that was the face of "Legacy" servers

But as you said, no one cares right?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    YOU bithced and whined for years about how vanilla was so fucking awesome and all Blizzard had to do was pull the code out and relaunch it. Now you're getting it and you want them to changed things. If it was so awesome, why change? Oh, right, you're children with no self-control. The is why I'd have vetoed this were I Blizzard CEO - rewarding whiny kids never works. They always want more.
    You do realize you sound like a butt hurt anti-classic protester that lost the "there will never be classic wow servers" argument and are now trying to make having classic servers as painful as possible, right? Just thought I'd point that out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    You do realize you sound like a butt hurt anti-classic protester that lost the "there will never be classic wow servers" argument and are now trying to make having classic servers as painful as possible, right? Just thought I'd point that out.
    Just put em on ignore. This forum becomes so much better when u throw the toxic whiners to ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Thing is though..if all of these "QoL Changes" go through he'll have been proved absolutely right...they won't be classic servers...they will be some kind of Hybrid Abomination stuck somewhere between Vanilla and Live.

Now, I'm not opposed to fixing the bugs/exploits that were present through Vanilla...but anymore than that and what you get isn't going to be Vanilla anymore.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

There's a difference between asking please change X & please make it so random blinking doesn't let me fall through the world...

Falling through the world wasn't intended in vanilla & they've done plenty of fixes on this after Vanilla.
    There are plenty of other examples like this, so is it wrong for us to ask for some improvements?

I agree that things that impact the game in any other way than fixing bugs shouldn't be in it. But fixing major bugs should

What the silly haters dont realize is 1.12 is a very stable client. The stupid horror stories they have been reading about vanilla for 10 years are just that. The average person will not encounter a ton of bugs on a 1.12 client.

The whole point of Vanilla is to produce a time capsule. It's a historical project.

So frustrating. Yes I think Vanilla will be fun. Yes I think if they are going to do it and they have the ability fix the damn bugs. If not I will still be okay with it. Most of the people asking for it are not saying change it to current QoL level. Just take out the obvious unintended bugs.

There is a middle ground. Things do not have to be so black and white. From the companies perspective. If I was putting out ANY version of a game I would want as FEW unintended bugs as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Thing is though..if all of these "QoL Changes" go through he'll have been proved absolutely right...they won't be classic servers...they will be some kind of Hybrid Abomination stuck somewhere between Vanilla and Live.

Now, I'm not opposed to fixing the bugs/exploits that were present through Vanilla...but anymore than that and what you get isn't going to be Vanilla anymore.
    I think a large misconception is that most of the classic wow proponents want to be blasted clear back to 2004. I don't believe this to be the case. Some QoL seems reasonable (while staying in the classic vein) if not taken drastically and tragically overboard like with what we have in current WoW. Its just a question to what level of QoL which is all in the details that need to be worked out. Such as, I don't see having TBC type QoL enhancements a bad thing with classic. I suppose the staunch purist wouldn't agree, but overall any classic remake would be much better off having *some* TBC QoL / bug fixes implemented. From an absolute purist standpoint, it would correct that it wouldn't be vanilla in its 100% unedited form. However, I don't think that form would be viable today, and I'm not convinced that's what the pro classic community wanted in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    What the silly haters dont realize is 1.12 is a very stable client. The stupid horror stories they have been reading about vanilla for 10 years are just that. The average person will not encounter a ton of bugs on a 1.12 client.
    And what silly vanilla peen strokers don't realize is that patch 1.12 lasted for less than 5 months. Nobody started the game, leveled to 60, and cleared every single piece of content in 5 months.

You can get rid of all the bugs (and yes there were still plenty of bugs in 1.12), all of the exploits, all of the server issues, and start at 1.12. And you would NOT be getting an authentic vanilla experience because it is the patch content that matters. What is it about this that is so difficult to understand? It isn't about the bugs.
    Speciation Is Gradual