Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Classic Crowd: Do you want convenience & account wide stuff?

If you are a fan of the "vanilla" experience, and since Blizzard caved and are now producing a classic experience, do you want a lot of the convenience features that the current game has now?

For example,

• Updated player models
    • Account wide mounts.
    • Achievements in general
    • Account wide achievements
    • A Mount Tab so the actual mount doesn't take up your bag space
    • Higher stack sizes for materials (vanilla it was only 20 max for materials)
    • Larger bags (back in vanilla 18 slot bags were the highest you could get)
    • Guild banks
    • Personal Materials bank
    • Mass auto loot (kill 3 mobs, loot only 1 mob and you get the dropped loot from all 3)
    • LFD
    • Group builder tool
    • the list could literally go on and on and on for hundreds of lines, but you get the point

Do you just want the leveling experience to take as long as it did, and the difficulty of the dungeons, world mobs, raid bosses, to be like it was, but you want all the convenience features that have been added to the game?

I would assume you wouldn't want LFD or the Group Builder tool, because you would want to preserve the sense of community that the game had back then. (which those inevitably destroyed along with cross server groups).

For me to even want to go back to a "classic" wow experience, the game would have to have some of the convenience features of today, but the spirit of the game should still be the difficulty, grindy, long quest chain, huge wonderful world I was used to back then. I would still want achievements, because I think fun things popping up on my screen when I accomplish something is cool, I would want the mount tab where you learn mounts rather than them taking up bag space. I would also want all of the graphical updates they have done to the game to remain, including updated player and NPC models.

No. Vanilla is vanilla. If you add any of that it is no longer classic wow.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I just want my mini diablo distributed in the same way : D

Deleted
    No thank you. If i wanted all the above i would be subbed to play the retail.

Deleted
    Arent people just gonna be realise how basic classic was?

and how much they miss current conveniences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    No. Vanilla is vanilla. If you add any of that it is no longer classic wow.
    They never said the game would be "vanilla" the name of the game is World of Warcraft: Classic, which means they could keep the spirit of vanilla but have some of the convenience features that the game has now.

I don't think players are going to get upset that they no longer have to look in their bags to find the ram mount they bought so they can right click it to mount up, but rather all they have to do is go to their mount collection tab and put it on their bar.

Also, 3 second mount cast time vs 1.5 second cast time?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooo.

None of these things existed back then, none of these things should exist in Classic.

No Jay, I think that the game is better at a slower pace and without the convenience of such additions. I also believe that the slippery slope is a very real concern here. If you allow a few QoL changes per individual requests you will quickly have an angry mob clamoring for their requests to be met. Leave it as it was and let it be. I appreciate the discussion though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veritus7 View Post
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooo.
    this is fantastc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    None of these things existed back then, none of these things should exist in Classic.
    But would you be upset if parts of those things made it into WoW:Classic, seeing as how they arent gameplay changes, they are just QoL additions.

Let me put it another way. Lets say WoW never had any expansions, but they just kept adding QoL features to the game. Technically they would all be part of the "vanilla" experience. If blizzard added mass loot during the Naxx patch, I don't think anyone would have been upset back then, and it would be seen to the 4 million players who played during vanilla as a welcome change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    • Updated player models -> Yes
    • Account wide mounts. -> No, but the mount and toy collection would be nice
    • Achievements in general -> No
    • Account wide achievements -> No
    • A Mount Tab so the actual mount doesn't take up your bag space -> Yes
    • Higher stack sizes for materials (vanilla it was only 20 max for materials) -> Yes
    • Larger bags (back in vanilla 18 slot bags were the highest you could get) -> No
    • Guild banks -> Yes
    • Personal Materials bank -> Yes
    • Mass auto loot (kill 3 mobs, loot only 1 mob and you get the dropped loot from all 3) -> Yes
    • LFD -> Yes, but not cross server, it doesn't teleport you and you get to see the names before you join incase it's that guy
    • Group builder tool -> Yes
    • the list could literally go on and on and on for hundreds of lines, but you get the point ->
    I added my thoughts in the quote itself. The issue you're going to run into with this crowd, is that they rally behind one idea and just parrot it. All these threads have the same set of people posting basically this line "It's not vanilla if you change anything". That is their new call.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

The only thing I would not be opposed to is a LFG feature. NOT LFD. And the only reason is because there will be a 3rd party addon similar to OpenRaid that will do the same im sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    No Jay, I think that the game is better at a slower pace and without the convenience of such additions. I also believe that the slippery slope is a very real concern here. If you allow a few QoL changes per individual requests you will quickly have an angry mob clamoring for their requests to be met. Leave it as it was and let it be. I appreciate the discussion though

- - - Updated - - -

this is fantastc
    I can agree that the slower pace of the game and the RPG aspects is what made vanilla and tbc so good. But adding QoL features doesn't necessarily speed up the pace of the game other than the mass loot feature.

Also keep in mind back then, there was no multi tap targets. Whoever tapped the target first is the one who got the loot from the dead mob, so people were much more unwilling to help other players after they saw the mob turn grey.

Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    Arent people just gonna be realise how basic classic was?

and how much they miss current conveniences.
    "Current conveniences" are why so many older fans quit, and why they are releasing a version of the game that is 11 years old.

You can get all those quality of life things if you play the current version, why mess up classic?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They never said the game would be "vanilla" the name of the game is World of Warcraft: Classic, which means they could keep the spirit of vanilla but have some of the convenience features that the game has now.

I don't think players are going to get upset that they no longer have to look in their bags to find the ram mount they bought so they can right click it to mount up, but rather all they have to do is go to their mount collection tab and put it on their bar.

Also, 3 second mount cast time vs 1.5 second cast time?
    People wanted Vanilla so give them Vanilla, not Vanilla with current enhancements...

The servers should be made for players wanting Classic, plain and simple, warts and all.

Updated player models: No
    Account wide mounts: No
    Achievements in general: No
    Account wide achievements: No
    A Mount Tab so the actual mount doesn't take up your bag space: No
    Higher stack sizes for materials (vanilla it was only 20 max for materials): No
    Larger bags (back in vanilla 18 slot bags were the highest you could get): No
    Guild banks: No
    Personal Materials bank: No
    Mass auto loot (kill 3 mobs, loot only 1 mob and you get the dropped loot from all 3): No
    LFD: No
    Group builder tool: No

Vanilla, and Vanilla only.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    None of that, keep it vanilla, if the servers progress past vanilla into TBC and all that then w.e keep the shit we had at the time current with the server. Ill miss the updated models from the current version becaue the undead look hella amazing now but oh well, give me the proper experience. Let me be super jealous of how much faster mages level than my priest.

All these things would make the server not vanilla in my eyes. They should slap the only shity 11 year old game onand server and never touch it again lol