Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.
    Hahaha! Here we go! Already wanting changes that were made to the game. You wanted vanilla so you'll get vanilla. Not vanilla with chocolate sprinkles.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Hahaha! Here we go! Already wanting changes that were made to the game. You wanted vanilla so you'll get vanilla. Not vanilla with chocolate sprinkles.
    Vanilla + vanilla sauce and cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    Vanilla wow was much more a community and mindset than actual game. No one is saying make the grinds easier. Vanilla was all about the grind, but why make people virtually unable to play in the game?
    You say that like not having dual spec makes you unable to play the game. People did it in Vanilla, as well as BC. Only things that should be changed are completely game-breaking things, like duping, or bugs that crash servers. People who have been constantly posting about vanilla since Nost went down should get the exact game they want, not some mix-up of WoW from like 5 different expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    wouldnt be vanilla then would it
    I cant wait unholy and frost it will be ace to switch

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Maintaining two sets and spending hundreds of gold on respec costs were just a part of Vanilla... which is why no one did it.
    I played a rogue, so i had one main set with some variations for PvP/messing about, engineering stuff mostly... but i respecced several times a week, PvE combat daggers for PvE, then back to either assassination or sub for faffing about/pvp, or combat swords for farming, easily specced back and forth 4-5 times a week.
    You just had to know where to farm to make it feasible, stealth farming the fiery weapon enchant in BRD was an easy 50-75g per drop for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I cant wait to be dw frost dk
    To be fair, I've always thought that DK should have come with Naxxramas patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Holian View Post
    I played a rogue, so i had one main set with some variations for PvP/messing about, engineering stuff mostly... but i respecced several times a week, PvE combat daggers for PvE, then back to either assassination or sub for faffing about/pvp, or combat swords for farming, easily specced back and forth 4-5 times a week.
    You just had to know where to farm to make it feasible, stealth farming the fiery weapon enchant in BRD was an easy 50-75g per drop for example.
    It was a hyperbole. I've explained this already. Of course people actually did it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    People don't know what they want. They THINK they want something, get it then go "eh".
    NONE of these kinds of threads popped up until Blizzard announced Legacy. I'm willing to bet 95% of these posts are from retail players who want to play Vanilla with QoL changes - Blizzard has a name for them, "tourists"

#ClassicAsItWas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Then don't make it easy. Allow switching between the specs only at the trainer, but without the 50g fee each time, bleeding tanks and healers dry if they want to grind materials. And only allow editing either spec for say, 200 gold price.

It doesn't have to be the wotlk version, where you can swap between at any time, anywhere.
    Sure. But that's basically what the respec system already was, with the exception that you would have to reallocate your points instead of having it saved in a template.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't feed the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    Dual spec is another thing that killed the community in wow. As a resto shammy in vanilla I used to go out most of the time farming with random dps. I made a good friend who is now a real life friend and he was a fury warrior. Fury warrior and resto shammy together was a dream combo and we would smash through far more mobs than 2 dps would ever manage alone. Adding dual spec would be already a nail in the coffin of trying to bring back the awesome wow community.
    Jeez, all these things "killing the community"...

I hope everyone's gotten the memo, don't have social interactions and don't make friends in-game, it's just not possible...

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    It was a hyperbole. I've explained this already. Of course people actually did it.
    My bad. <3

I would probably like a PvP only 2nd spec.

Dual spec just make people be both tank warriors and dps at the same raid.I like how you have 1 role, you are a protection warrior. Always.

I also would not like a dual spec system that let healers have a dps spec for farming. Its just not gonna work.

Only thing that I would be ok with realistically is reducing the respec price a bit so its easier to switch between pve and pvp spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be best if they stick with 100% vanilla, if they start adding quality of life content the experience will not be the same. A lot of people asked for Classic and they should delivery just that, no more no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Holian View Post
    My bad. <3
    It's fine. Sorry for being snarky. <3

I had 4 PMs about how people used to respect all the time in Classic, along with someone else quoting me.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Sure. But that's basically what the respec system already was, with the exception that you would have to reallocate your points instead of having it saved in a template.
    I'm aware. Except I changed where the punishment part is in the equation, making it possible for tanks and healers to grind their stuff. But the punishment is still there. 200g for editing the specs (per spec) is no joke. The original way however, where the punishment is always up front, basically made tanks and healers ability to grind their stuff entirely unfeasible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Nah you couldn't. You could conclude that a handful of vocal people want servers running vanilla with sprinkles on top

What evidence do you have to say that they're a part of the same crowd of people that want real vanilla servers - and then that they're a large part of that crowd or the entire crowd? Little, if any.
    Of course. The comment was made "tongue in cheek".

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    With all these "modify classic/vanilla" posts you could, almost, conclude that no one actually wants servers running classic/vanilla WoW.
    I actually conclude it's the easiest way for the side just having to deal with it to troll.

He should never have asked the community for feedback on how to make Vanilla servers. It's super simple - Blizzard sets up new servers running the last patch of Vanilla and keeps them from crashing. That's it. No updates, no new features, no changes. Now there are thousands of different ideas on how to remake Vanilla because people really don't want to play it, they want to play a different game that never existed.

At the very least he should have specified what they were asking for. The only legitimate decisions are whether to make the dungeons and raids that were larger at the beginning their original size or the small size. And what to do with AQ gates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say it with me now:

That

isn't

Vanilla

Personally I think the whole idea is folly and bound to lead to disappointment no matter what blizzard does. As evidenced by people like the OP and people that vehemently disagree with him. No matter what Blizzard does, someone is going to be disappointed. And that's going to be the case on every potential little piddling thing they could do with "classic" servers.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.