View Poll Results: Will Classic Servers save WoW?

Voters
339. This poll is closed
  • Yes

129 38.05%
  • No

210 61.95%
Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Will Classic Servers save WoW?

Why are Blizzard implementing Classic Servers now? I think it's not because Legion brought a lot of new players. I think that it's quite the opposite and sub numbers has been plunging with WoD speed since 7.2. So, Blizzard's plan is to try to lure people that quit to play BfA by bringing them to play Classic and then showing them "similar" BfA.
    So, I'm wondering can Classic Servers bring back enough players to pay for developing 1 or 2 new expansions after BfA?
    Will Classic Servers save World of Warcraft?
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2017-12-11 at 01:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does WoW need to be saved?

Deleted
    It will bring back many players. How many of them will stay is unknown, but some definitely will.

Retail WoW has bottomed out and will continue its death spiral into oblivion. This does not make me happy, but it is the truth. Vanilla is the future.

Didn't know WoW was in need of saving.

Answer is neither. Retail is fine as it is and Vanilla is coming for those that want it. Both games are good games in their own right.

This is why I don't take some of the Vanilla crowd seriously when they post threads like this or "will classic kill retail" and so on. It's pure bloody zealotry at best. Key word in my sentence is SOME. Not all.

Deleted
    For me Classic will by definition save WoW, because I don't consider the current game to be "WoW"—it's just a completely different gameplay experience. So WoW Classic will bring back (save) WoW for me.

Silly question, Wow doesn't need saving.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Retail WoW has bottomed out and will continue its death spiral into oblivion. This does not make me happy, but it is the truth. Vanilla is the future.
    What a load of horse hockey, if retail is bottoming out I doubt that vanilla will save it not once people realize what vanilla was..

WoW does not need to be saved, but vanilla will make it more popular yes. If vanilla and live is within the same client and subscription, a lot of people who come to try vanilla will eventually also try live, and maybe they end up liking live more than vanilla, or play both. Anyway the overall numbers for WoW will definitely go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Source please.
    Inb4 Warcraft Realms or some other unreliable, skewered and barely updated census metric....

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    For me Classic will by definition save WoW, because I don't consider the current game to be "WoW"—it's just a completely different gameplay experience. So WoW Classic will bring back (save) WoW for me.
    For now but when you hit the progression wall that is Naxx 40, then you and many others will see vanilla for what it is..

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's going to kill WoW Retail faster instead.

-It will separate the players.
    -It will create a wars or barrier between Vanilla and Retail.
    -It will break the community.

Community is the most important thing in a game like WoW.

Just my opinion.

Deleted
    I don't think current WoW needs saving.
    One thing is certain about Classic tho - it will bring back a lot of players that quit playing in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    For now but when you hit the progression wall that is Naxx 40, then you and many others will see vanilla for what it is..
    I didn't raid in vanilla and I have no intention of raiding in WoW Classic.

Deleted
    once people realize what vanilla was..
    ...a MMORPG?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Didn't know WoW was in need of saving.

Answer is neither. Retail is fine as it is and Vanilla is coming for those that want it. Both games are good games in their own right.

This is why I don't take some of the Vanilla crowd seriously when they post threads like this or "will classic kill retail" and so on. It's pure bloody zealotry at best. Key word in my sentence is SOME. Not all.
    Why I find this whole debate quite silly as you know many who want vanilla never played vanilla or had selective amnesia.. All can say is if Pandora was around she would be very proud of the box that has been opened..

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Source please.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Inb4 Warcraft Realms or some other unreliable, skewered and barely updated census metric....
    My source? The post counts for the both of you. Retail is boring so you cry on forums all day. sad... Did you even read the front page yet? You are both finished

Deleted
    Why do you think players must raid Naxx 40? Didn't raid it in vanilla, have no intention of raiding it in classic. You are too stuck in retail's raid or die mentality of easily accessible raids and lack of meaningful content outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    My source? The post counts for the both of you. Retail is boring so you cry on forums all day. sad... Did you even read the front page yet? You are both finished
    Ok it's clear there's no point in taking you seriously so I'll just throw you on ignore.

But congratulations you are the kind of Vanilla crowd that I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    No it's going to kill WoW Retail faster instead.

-It will separate the players.
    -It will create a wars or barrier between Vanilla and Retail.
    -It will break the community.

Community is the most important thing in a game like WoW.

Just my opinion.
    I wouldn't overestimate it.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-11-10 at 03:21 PM.