View Poll Results: Will Classic Servers save WoW?

Voters
339. This poll is closed
  • Yes

129 38.05%
  • No

210 61.95%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Mature people don't insult the other side of the playerbase for enjoying retail....
    Yet I only said that about the ones on bootleg servers. You can enjoy vanilla all you want if Blizzard is the one serving it.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yet I only said that about the ones on bootleg servers. You can enjoy vanilla all you want if Blizzard is the one serving it.
    No not you. I meant the guy you were quoting.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Looking at the toxicity on these boards from those players who claim to have buggered off to pirate servers in their Quest for the Holy Vanilla... I'm not sure it will be for the better.
    There will always be ppl leaving to go look for their favorite patch or community.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Retail WoW has bottomed out and will continue its death spiral into oblivion. This does not make me happy, but it is the truth. Vanilla is the future.
    You're delusional lol. WoW is doing the best it's done since Wrath. Classic servers will only bring even more players back to retail. Vanilla is quite literally the past but it's a past that will be nice to revisit and I'll be putting plenty of time into classic servers when they're live whenever I'm not playing retail.

Deleted
    Out of curiosity i checked out poll results (without voting myself).
    The total votes are less than the total posts, which means that a lot of people didn't find that the question has any merit to them.
    If it was more like "help wow" rather than "save wow" the votes would have been way more and the poll's result reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It doesnt. It sit below 2mil active users. And definitly doesnt bring that much money compared to Overwatch and Hearstone.
    You got something to prove this? Even if true that is still a few million users active at one time and not the total sub amount.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The results to date are:
    42.49% of people think that Classic Servers will save WoW;
    57.51% people think that even Classic Servers won't save WoW.

Deleted
    It'd have to need saving, first.

15+ Year Old Account
    Biased poll is biased.

Another twat thinking Retail is retarded, evil, etc and that Classic (if they get THEIR version of Classic) is the end-all, be-all.

I really wish people get get it through their thick skulls and tiny minds, that people can like different things.

AND THAT IT'S PRETTY OK TO DO SO.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    It'd have to need saving, first.
    Indeed, like, what is there to save? WoW is doing just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Indeed, like, what is there to save? WoW is doing just fine.
    [Like Button]

10+ Year Old Account
    It would certainly help sub numbers for a little while so blizz will get desperate enough and do it at some point. But no, nothing can save WoW except if blizzard actually puts more resources into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Biased poll is biased.

Another twat thinking Retail is retarded, evil, etc and that Classic (if they get THEIR version of Classic) is the end-all, be-all.

I really wish people get get it through their thick skulls and tiny minds, that people can like different things.

AND THAT IT'S PRETTY OK TO DO SO.
    What I really think about Retail is that it creates ideal conditions to foster arrogant pricks such as yourself.

You know some people hate when duplicate topics are made in the forums but I think necro'd topics are even worse. Your better off rehashing old subjects and maybe something fresh will come of it than bringing dead subjects back to life. If I see a necro'd topic I either don't read the new post or just read the most up to date one and that's it. At least when someone makes a new post about an old topic I read every ones responses and get up to date with it. All this forum warriors keep going around trolling people on subjects when this is worse than anything. To the forum warriors no one should post anything because its all already been posted. Why do we even have these forums anymore?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    What I really think about Retail is that it creates ideal conditions to foster arrogant pricks such as yourself.
    What the actual fuck is arrogant about what I said?

You clearly have your biased opinion. You can't believe, without a single mote of intelligence, that people are capable of liking both Retail and Classic WoW, that Retail is dying (lol) and that Classic will somehow -SAVE- WoW, when it doesn't need saving. The world must suck being in such black and white constant contrast for you.

PEOPLE CAN LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS AND NEITHER ONE OF THEM BE BAD.

Stop being a fucking assmuppet and realize that.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Classic servers won't even have 100k after the dust settles

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    What I really think about the internet is that it creates ideal conditions to foster arrogant pricks such as yourself.
    FTFY since it isn’t just limited to a single sphere of influence here.

WoW Classic is proof WoW is its last days. Those of you who dont realize this are new to video game history. Bkizzard is giving fans the things they've asked for for years because BfA is probably the last expansion.

BfA is basically "resetting" the world. After all the invasions and saving the world, they are getting back to Horde vs Alliance. They will proba ly wrap up most heroes stories. Especially Sylvannis as she is the last of the original WC3 heroes.

After that. WoW 2 is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Classic servers won't even have 100k after the dust settles
    That would already be big enough to be a large success from a financial PoV.

Deleted
    Voted Yes but .. save it from what? It doesn't need any saving.

They went on with it because it'a popular demand. And with minimal development resources they can generate some extra cash and potentially gain some more subs to the main game (depending on how they're going to charge for vanilla).