Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    That’s the most interesting thing about this. The balance between believing the victims and innocent until proven guilty.
    It really is. Especially after the condemnation of "grab them by the pussy" lots of people put out.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Oh right, it's Elba. Just can't get enough of being wrong all the damn time, can you?
    Maybe look into your president.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Well shit. Is Shatner next? Is someone going to come out with a Nimoy story after his death?

And how many people will basically be ostracized from Hollywood before the year is over?
    The thing about industries like this is how corrupt they are. I doubt there are many people in hollywood that have clean hands, not talking about just sex either.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Called it last week when he defended spacey. Birds of a feather.
    Where did he defend him? I only saw him saying that being gay has nothing to do with it and doesn't detract from the fact that he assaulted someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    The thing about industries like this is how corrupt they are. I doubt there are many people in hollywood that have clean hands, not talking about just sex either.
    Well yeah. But the greater focus is going to land on these things. No one seems to care about the other vices and demons unless it's a tabloid piece.

This is getting out of hand - trial by media is the worst form of justice you can get.

Sure - we will catch a few creeps along the way, but the way this is going not only will a lot of innocent people's lives be destroyed - the 'cry wolf' will make genuine cases less visible.

These things need to be handled by the authorities, not by social media.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    With all these accusations, i have to wonder, are ALL of em legit? How many of em are trying to earn some quick money.

(NOT saying this 1 is not legit)
    All of them? Probably not.

My view here in the UK has been fairly warped because over 20 high profile allegations against celebrities, politicians and Lords came from one man, who police proved couldn't physically have had any of the encounters it was suggested he had. That's made me very sceptical of cases like these while the Jimmy Saville stuff has made me very aware. It's... more difficult now.

I think all allegations have to be treated seriously, but I think the media circus should be calmed down a bit until there's any evidence or charges. Until then, they're only accusations.

I'm even more sceptical because this week a Welsh politician was suspended on the basis of accusations. When he asked for a full investigtion he was refused. He then proceeded to kill himself. There's been a noticable reduction in these accusations on television news since then. Perhaps they've learnt their lesson about sensationalising accusations or maybe it's just until the waters calm.
    Last edited by Ozyorkbourne; 2017-11-11 at 03:29 AM.

I have to agree that this is getting stupid!

Every fucking male actor ever is getting accusations now...

D: Not Gorge.

i find it odd these "victims" often contact the media instaid of authorities.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    man, it sure is great to suddenly accuse people of abuses that happened almost 30 years ago. Like why has none of this come up before?
    1. Because when you accuse famous people of things, you're met with "You're just trying to get them in trouble to get fame and money for yourself"
    2. Because someone else spoke up and it's much easier to take a stand when others are standing with you.
    3. Because it has come up before, and it was vehemently denied and these people were shut down.
    4. Because of people like you who automatically don't believe them. You expect them to come out immediately and say "I was raped, here is the kit, here is the DNA sample, here are the videos that I have."

How about you allow someone to come out with these stories and then let the story unfold before you say "NOPE, SIT DOWN!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus christ, burn hollywood already.

This is getting out of hand, the amount of degeneracy that Hollywood creates is sickening.

Well, if George actually slipped the victim a roofy ala Bill Cosby, that's not good.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    1. Because when you accuse famous people of things, you're met with "You're just trying to get them in trouble to get fame and money for yourself"
    2. Because someone else spoke up and it's much easier to take a stand when others are standing with you.
    3. Because it has come up before, and it was vehemently denied and these people were shut down.
    4. Because of people like you who automatically don't believe them. You expect them to come out immediately and say "I was raped, here is the kit, here is the DNA sample, here are the videos that I have."

How about you allow someone to come out with these stories and then let the story unfold before you say "NOPE, SIT DOWN!"
    and they didn't speak up during the cosby case? is casey's case suddenly more the 'right' time?
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Well, #4 would be nice. It would certainly make it easier to put these shitbags away instead of waiting literally decades. Instead, we have people’s life’s being destroyed over an accusation with zero proof. I don’t like George Takei one bit but I have no choice but to defend him. Innocent until proven guilty.

These celebrities should join the GoP and run for Congress - that will make it all go away.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and that's all it will be an accusation there's no evidence so without that sorry but innocent until proven guilty.
    I agree with this. If the one being accused does not admit it and rebukes it as being false and the one making the accusation does not have any evidence it is true, we should not automatically assume they are guilty. If not, a person's reputation can be destroyed for the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    These celebrities should join the GoP and run for Congress - that will make it all go away.
    There it is.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

I automatically don't believe specifically because they waited until there were a bunch of other people. I know that hollywood is a cesspit of slime and degenerates, but I don't just go "hey someone says they were abused so I'm just going to blindly believe everything they say automatically!" I prefer to actually hear both sides before arbitrarily passing judgement.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

This is getting out of hand - trial by media is the worst form of justice you can get.

Sure - we will catch a few creeps along the way, but the way this is going not only will a lot of innocent people's lives be destroyed - the 'cry wolf' will make genuine cases less visible.

These things need to be handled by the authorities, not by social media.
    Huh. Interesting.

Last edited by ohiostate124; 2017-11-11 at 03:53 AM.