Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Genn's biggest problem is that his personality is largely controlled by his ID. He might gain more control over time but I think Sylvanas will remain a trigger and if she dies his mental state might worsen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Do you remember how we met Garrosh? He was a crybaby in Nagrand who didn't want to leave his house, so I can understand why he has so many fans.
    Well at least Garrosh had good character progression (up untill MoP). I would've actually liked Garrosh being a good leader for the entire Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Genn is killing it on HotS at the moment. no need for the hate.

Deleted
    First, I am not a big fan of werewolves. Yes, I have some in my own fantasy RPG setting, but mostly used either for a monstrous type of character (=mindless bloodthursty killer) or a tragic type who just wants to have a normal life which is impossible due to the beast within. WoW werewolves don't fit my narratives and thus, I don't care about them at all. Also, I am a bit disgusted about furry connections. Honestly, I don't understand these people.

Greymane works out well as a character for a specific narrative, namely the lust for revenge on the side of the Alliance, which is projected onto him. But at the same time, he is very much flawed, because he cowardly broke his ties to the Alliance in the past, did nothing to help Lordaeron to combat the Scourge, and unleashed the Worgen curse on innocent people. Yeah, this is a man to be proud of - NOT. He deserves every bad thing happen to him. Sorry for the people of Gilneas to pay the price, but this is kinda like an ancient tragedy type of story, so the price will be paid manyfold, and in blood.

And I am not a Sylvanas fangirl, either. In that Stormheim cinematic, my character would first have made Greymane into a large ice cube, then used teleportation spells and probably mirror images as decoys to get hold of the lantern, so Sylvanas would have to negotiate with Eyir instead of making her into a slave. Unfortunately, the game does not allow us to really accomplish something special, we only follow the scripted tracks. (Though, my Forsaken priestess would follow her Banshee Queen into the Void, if necessary. She is completely devoted, which is a typical priest trait. My main is a BE mage, so she has a bit differentiating view on that matter.)

Anyway, while I recognise Greymanes place as a storytelling tool and projection space, I utterly despise him as a character and I am worried about the moral principles of his worshippers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Well at least Garrosh had good character progression (up untill MoP). I would've actually liked Garrosh being a good leader for the entire Horde.
    He had a bit of potential, but it was totally wasted. Unfortunately, the have shown at the beginning of WotLK that this brute manchild is not able to grasp many important concepts which make out a leader. And when Thrall appointed him to be a warchief, he seemed to have decided that he does not need to learn anything new at all and just has to be the strongest warrior out there. Oh how I hated the intro cinematic in Cata when you travel to Twilight Highlands as a Horde character and witness him attacking Alliance just because he can, with the result of being ambushed and almost destroyed by a 3rd party. -.-
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-11-13 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Him being a dick is a good thing. He lost everything because the forsaken killed his son & took away his home. I like him.
    A lot of those Forsaken wouldn’t be Forsaken in the first place if he hadn’t walled off Gilneas and cowered like a little bitch. Helping in the fight would have been nice. Fuck Greymane and his grudge, can’t wait til he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    I really like the new Genn. I like that he's involved in things now and we have a cool Worgen character. I think most Genn haters hate him because they're Sylvanas fans :P
    This.

Also because he gives a big middle finger to Sylvanas with no fear and her fanboys don't know what to do with it. He's actually on the offensive against her and it's glorious.

I’ve never seen anyone say “Greymane sucks cause he hates Sylvanas!!”

Where is this bullshit coming from? Even a lot of Alliance players don’t like him. Dude’s a twat, that’s why he gets hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    didn't he wall off his city because he didn't want curse of the worgen to spread to the world?
    No the wall was built years prior, because he was sick of his former allies, this triggered a civil war, then he denied lordaeron help as they begged him for assistance. Afterwards a scourge army attacked the wall and he then ordered Arugal to release the worgen to deal with them, which backfired as we know, the curse spread rapidly among the population and the surviving gilneans were eventually forced out of their capital into a small corner of their nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    @GennGreymane isn't that bad....
    this is factual

Not so long ago he was still isolating himself and his kingdom from the rest of the world. All safe and fuzzy. A choice he made.
    He gets his kingdom invaded and desperately seeks allies, ok. But Gilneans are a part of the Alliance (the new one, not the old human) for half as much as the other races. and Genn acts and behaves as if he was second in command only after the very king. He does whatever he wants and puts everything aside for his personal vendetta.
    When Varian still lived, he was able to temper him, but its obvious Anduinn has no control over him.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like him because he clearly bad touches Anduin and I don't like sexual predators. Like no wonder he was crying in the cinematic you see his face after Genn looked at him, he knew what he was going to do to him later that night... it explains why Anduin is a useless, little broken looser, hopefully he kills Genn and takes his and own life in the next expansion and we can move on and the allaince can get a leader worth even being concerned about.

I play forsaken and I love Genn as an enemy. I think he is the perfect opponent to Sylvanas

Honestly, Genn is a furry. And there is a lot of idiotic hate for furries.

My only hate is how silly-looking that sword looks when it's sheathed right inside his body.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally only hate him cuz I'm #teamedward

Easy answer, Horde bois always hate with a passion any Alliance figure who resists, fights back, or treats them with the same hateand distaste they feel for the Alliance.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    As an alliance player for the past seven years and someone who thinks the Genn character is utter trash, this thread both confuses and irritates me.

"Guy hates Genn, he must be a Horde lover wif a Sylvanas waifu pillow."

Never change fanboys, never change.

As far as the Legion expansion is concerned, I hate Genn because he's the designated holder of the Idiot Ball for the Alliance. He's made to be an idiot, bent on revenge, for the sole purpose of stopping Sylvanas from doing a beneficial thing during a WAR AGAINST INFINITE DEMONS, and thus set up a reason for PvP Towers to exist. If they clean up his act and give him an actual reason to be doing things, I might actually like him. I rather doubt it though, given how stupid the story for BfA is already looking.
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vailyn View Post
    This.

Also because he gives a big middle finger to Sylvanas with no fear and her fanboys don't know what to do with it. He's actually on the offensive against her and it's glorious.
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Easy answer, Horde bois always hate with a passion any Alliance figure who resists, fights back, or treats them with the same hateand distaste they feel for the Alliance.
    Stop making up shit. People dislike Genn because he's an asshole. This was written in WC2 and has nothing to do with Sylvanas.

Any real Alliance fan would know how his dickery fucked the Alliance.
    Last edited by Clone; 2017-11-15 at 06:05 AM.