Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think you need to swear more, I didn't quite catch your argument....also, try adding caps and maybe a bigger font. Red colour might also help
    Watch out mate. He might call you a "post grinder"! :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Will, they did over do it with some vanilla grinds this expansion. Other then that Legion has been fine.

Also, if Vanilla is really the way to go, why do we not see other MMO's using those systems and play style to make a killing? because the last MMO that tried was Wildsatr, and that one of biggest failures I can remember in an MMO.
    Here you go

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Can we stop blaming Wildstar's "Hardcore" promotional bullshit for it's failing. The launch was an utter failure. Class balance was fucking terrible, the game was incomplete, the bugs were the worst I've seen since the days of EQ. My character was "underwater" in the final leveling zone and I was drowning over and over again for 3 days before it was even acknowledged by the gm's and the kicker is that zone has no fucking water in it. The dungeons were bugged to all hell, the "adventures" were bugged just as badly such as randomly not getting the correct medal even with all criteria met. The itemization was retarded at launch like we timewarped to Vanilla WoW launch. Stats on gear that just made no sense at all and that in turn made the content that could be completed unrewarding. It was a complete clusterfuck of a launch and by the time they addressed most of the bugs the masses had already moved on and deemed the game "dead".

Drop the retarded "Hardcore attitude" killed Wildstar. It's a bullshit narrative pushed mainly by those who didn't get to cap in the game. The 2002-era launch fucked this game because it was released a year too soon. Had the game been released in a state closer to what it is currently I'd venture it'd have a strong population playing.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Other then that Legion has been fine.
    Except for that whole "hey, I can plainly see that Azeroth is a spinning ball now that I'm on Argus even though it's clearly flat" thing. How unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.

What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    As colorful as this is, I agree. A waste of time and a waste of talent. Instead of thinking about how to bring WoW into the future, we're now dealing with WoW that was 13 years ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    Probably close to zero because a large majority of the Classic community loathe the direction WoW has taken. But I (and most of my friends who played Classic servers) are happily subbed and willing to sub until a time that Blizzard fails on their pledge to create AUTHENTIC Classic servers.
    Yea, people time and time again have said that they turned to priv classic servers because it was the only option to experience that content again, and that they would happily sub if blizzard made official classic servers.

And here we are.

Nost was going strong for a long time. Its shutdown brought a lot of attention to those communities. I even tried a couple myself and only stopped because it's disheartening to put a lot of effort and time into your characters, only to have them wiped when the server is shut down. Not to mention questionable people running those things. Which is to be expected with those types of servers.
    It's why people cried for official servers, and now we're getting them (which feels so surreal), and people will still find a reason to bitch on the forums (ala OP).

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Except for that whole "hey, I can plainly see that Azeroth is a spinning ball now that I'm on Argus even though it's clearly flat" thing. How unrealistic.
    a flat-Azerother?
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.

What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    QQ threads are QQ. LuL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    I was about to say. Current WoW game design is headed straight into the dirt.
    People have been saying that for 12 years now. You should know by now that WoW is not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    People have been saying that for 12 years now. You should know by now that WoW is not going anywhere.
    their sentence never said anything about wow going anywhere or dying
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

I won't even be playing vanilla, but I hope they make realms for all the old expansions just to piss off people like OP.

Deleted
    What a salty whinebag, go away.

Please do not feed troll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    I won't even be playing vanilla, but I hope they make realms for all the old expansions just to piss off people like OP.
    I like your style!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It is sad to see them reduce the amount of devs working on retail in order to keep a classic server going though.
    I mean, the new expantion pack they just revealed seemed to have about the same amount of features as a normal content patch.
    Stop spreading bullshit. They hired an entirely new team for this, they did not take developers away from Bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Stop spreading bullshit. They hired an entirely new team for this, they did not take developers away from Bfa.
    Well, they did remove devs in any case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they did remove devs in any case.
    No they didn't. They hired new ones.

"2+2=4-1=3 quick maffs"

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Please at least do some research before trying to spread misinformation.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

Are these going to be separate development teams? One working on Battle for Azeroth and one working on WOW Classic?

J. Allen Brack: Yeah, so it was really important for us to be able to answer the community honestly. How many raids is this going to cost them in Battle for Azeroth? The answer is zero. We're going to hire people specifically for this effort. We already are.
    I know he said that.
    Blizzard tends to say a lot of things that turns out to not be true however.

It does seem to have way less devs working on this expansion compared to WoD (+300 to below 200) and Legion however and it's silly to assume that they will get all new devs for classic that have no experience working with WoW befor. That would make no sense at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    No they didn't. They hired new ones.

"2+2=4-1=3 quick maffs"
    Ok, buddy. Thats nice.

Live WoW will keep being the bigger focus, and rightly so. The bigger than ever developer team really came through during Legion, and is keeping up their streak with BfA.

Let the Classic zealots have their separate team working on Classic, and let them be forever challenged by 2004 content... translating into spending all day long bitching about Live in /trade once they've exhausted the finite content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know he said that.

It does seem to have way less devs working on this expansion compared to WoD (+300 to below 200) and Legion however and it's silly to assume that they will get all new devs for classic that have no experience working with WoW befor. That would make no sense at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, buddy. Thats nice.
    You think they won't, but they will.

I know he said that.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, buddy. Thats nice.
    Source on 200 devs?

Now I think I'll believe a credible source over a random forum poster.

You have no factual evidence they have taken devs from retail. Please do not post misinformation and what is essentially lies on the matter. Feel free to wildly speculate.

Judging by your response to the other poster I think it's safe to say you aren't to be taken seriously when you not only blindly ignore facts but try to make up your own to fuel your argument against something.

But since you are clearly unable to read. They are going to hire people who specifically know how to do this and have consulted past developers on what to do.

I'm willing to at least give you the benefit of the doubt here but if you continue acting like your speculation is fact and blatantly ignore the facts presented to you based off of your own vitriol then I won't continue any further with you.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-12 at 01:53 PM.

Their money, their business, their call!