Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Terrible discovery? Azeroth is dying from its wound. That'd be pretty terrible.
    But would make a diversion into faction warfare even more inexcusably retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Azurite is the blood of the planet. The planet is slowly bleeding to death... do I need to say more?
    i understand that but why such a thing would ignite a war like never before instead of uniting the factions

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    I thought she wanted to enslave the val'kyr so that she would be able to do the same thing she did to herself and Nathanos to the rest of the Forsaken. So I'm not sure what you mean by saying "She decide her soul was more worth then her people."
    Nope. Val'kyr that ress sylvannas use allot of power...i think some even died to ress her. Low level people are easy for them. But for the dark val'kyr someone like sylvannas will kill them.

Simple: it was stated that she needed to decide if she was more worth then her people...she did.
    She decided her soul was more worth them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    i understand that but why such a thing would ignite a war like never before instead of uniting the factions
    Azurite is EXTREMELY powerful. Imagine the Mana Bomb on Theramore, now imagine it being a person weapon rather than something that needs a Zepplin to lift.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Nope. Val'kyr that ress sylvannas use allot of power...i think some even died to ress her. Low level people are easy for them. But for the dark val'kyr someone like sylvannas will kill them.

Simple: it was stated that she needed to decide if she was more worth then her people...she did.
    She decided her soul was more worth them then.
    Is that why she says "she could have saved them" when talking about her people?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

how is that a terrible discovery?
    ........hey the russians found a rare mineral that can blow up a whole city....do you think america is going to be happy about that...( ohhh wait the current leader might be :S:S)
    And the world is dying/hurt or something like that. Really did no one read/listen/watch blizzcon...

how is that a terrible discovery?
    If it's accidentally misused and something explodes/catches on fire, maybe?

This is all just global warming, Anduin is Trump, Sylvanas is Clinton, Azshara is Nazi, we're all fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Is that why she says "she could have saved them" when talking about her people?
    She uses that as excuse...and yes she might use some of the power for her people. But again lore wise it takes allot of power to ress sylvannas and she wants to live forever. And her people are against slavery ( and a good portion does not want to live forever )...so enslaving will not go down that well.....

before 10 more people ask it. Her is the info on syllvana's val'kyr ( aka the nine , with 1 screamer to bind them )

The Nine
    After the defeat of the Lich King, only nine of his Val'kyr remained. These nine bound themselves to Sylvanas. To seal the pact, Annhylde took Sylvanas' place in the Darkness. Later in Silverpine; Agatha, Daschla and Arthura sacrificed themselves to revive the Dark Lady once more. In Andorhal another one, Aradne, was killed by Alliance forces. So of the nine, there are only four Forsaken Val'kyr left, who are strong enough to revive her.[15] Even so, multiple Lesser Val'kyr maidens were spotted in the skies during the Battle for Andorhal. These Lesser Val'kyr can raise new Forsaken like the original nine[16] but as pointed out during Blizzcon, these lesser Val'kyr are not part of the original pact and are thus not strong enough to revive Sylvanas. Though how exactly they are created remains unknown, Thassarian believes that the main nine Val'kyr have the power to sire these Lesser Val'kyr but if the original Val'kyr is destroyed, the Lesser Val'kyr will dissipate.[17] Where they dwell now is a mystery, but they are with Sylvanas.

Their powers include not only raise simple undead, like the Forsaken, but also death knights as the Lich King previously forced them to. They can also reshape a body of an active undead and make it stronger, but to do that they need either an external source of power or to use their own essence.[18]

free will off the forsaken:
    Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave.

Each Forsaken member follow their queen for various reasons: fear, loyalty, no where else to go

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are related?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Help, im losing 1% of my hp every year ! Hurry heroes !"
    Good thing we have Anduin who can cast heal size of small countryside town now.

He and Captain Azeroth will fix this in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Probably azerite and its destructive potential, and what it means to leave such power in the hands of the enemy.
    But that'd be basically Ashran v2 when it comes to story, just this time spiraling out into a new war. Please no.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Sylvanas discovered that Nathanos was cheating on her with Tyrande, and she burned Teldrassil.
    I think that's an overraction on her part. All Nathanos wanted to do was to give his rejuvenated body a test run, so to speak, because he didn't want to disappoint his queen.

......stormheim???

She decide her soul was more worth then her people. It has been said allot that most of the forsaken do not want to live forever. It also has been stated that the forsaken are very VERY against doing stuff against their will, like they where forced to do when they served the lich king. And she pretty much did that in stormheim. Forcing a other being ( and the group of val'kyr) into service for her, against their will.
    Yeah, no. The preview of the book was the first mention of that ever, which in turn covered a reaction of a tiny group of Forsaken (not even all of the Desolate Council members expressed such sentiments) to a rather recent development (Sylvanas going after infinite Val'kyr). In regards to the first sentence, when did she decide that, again?

She uses that as excuse...and yes she might use some of the power for her people. But again lore wise it takes allot of power to ress sylvannas and she wants to live forever. And her people are against slavery ( and a good portion does not want to live forever )...so enslaving will not go down that well.....
    And how the hell is that even relevant, let alone somehow proves your point, when she'd have infinite Val'kyr had she succeeded?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Sylvanas discovered that Nathanos was cheating on her with Tyrande, and she burned Teldrassil.
    With Malfurion knowing nothing and yelling somewhere in the background "Tyrande, where are you? I need you" while his people burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But that'd be basically Ashran v2 when it comes to story, just this time spiraling out into a new war. Please no.
    Considering Blizzard practically says the reason for the war was the discovery of azerite in the Blizzcon panel "What's Next" panel, and Ashran's entire conflict is based on the Horde fearing the Alliance may use an artifact against them, I stand by my speculation.

Maybe the book will add some more motives. Maybe the Horde caughts the Alliance experimenting with Azerite, maybe an experiment goes out of control, maybe the burning of Teldrassil was due to azerite being mishandled. Whatever it is, azerite is probably involved.
    Whatever...

Human nature is to fight over resources. Not unite over their scarcity.

Terrible discovery...

While I agree that Azurite is one heck of a discovery, I wouldn't call that a terrible one. Sure, it's a sign that Azeroth is most likely dying but in an interview it seemed that Magni approached the factions about this and they were too busy fighting each other to care.

That's why he turns to the heroes and gives them the Heart of Azeroth.

So while the fate of Azeroth is awful, word so far tells me the factions aren't overly concerned with that.

Potential fragments of Gorribal lying around after the events of Silithus, could be. Definitely sounds like those could cause some issues.

So not sure really... Unless they do learn of Azeroth's fate but end up disagreeing about what to do and things escalate into war.

Gonna be nice to find out just how we end up fighting each other again. As much as I don't mind some good ol' war, I do eagerly await the reasoning behind it.

The shocking part would be azerite's potency. This will start an arms war in the likes of "If I don't strike first, they will". They will get to the point of being able to destroy the world a couple times over each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    This is all just global warming, Anduin is Trump, Sylvanas is Clinton, Azshara is Nazi, we're all fucked.
    wtf I love Azshara now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Discovery that Garrosh was right all along.
    If only they listened.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    They heard Azeroth say WoD was her favourite expansion
    Azeroth deserves whatever's coming to her, in that case.

Deleted
    Probably that the void lords were behind everything, or just, exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What's with Stormheim?
    The story actually tells you that she would be willing to go to hell and back to save her own people.

Your last part doesn't make any sense.
    I am 100% against slavery. But if enslaving a single person would stop my entire country from dying than I'd even shackle them myself.
    .....in stormheim...she tried to enslave the val'kyr.
    Point 1: enslaving is against the code of the forsaken!! look it up on all the wow wiki's
    point 2: And that is more for herself. A val'kyr can ress low people like us hero's. But someone like sylvannas it takes several val'kyr sacrificing themselves to ress her...again look it up on ANY wow wiki.

Look it up. play the game...i have even linked it in this thread....Its in the books 2!!