Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Facebook blocks artist's 'sexual' and 'adult' animal Christmas cards

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-11-13/f...ristmas-cards/

Facebook has blocked an artist from selling her animal-themed Christmas cards online due to their "sexual" and "adult" nature.

Jackie Charley's cards depict a robin, a squirrel and a stag, but the social media site blocked their sale on her Bothcrafts page.

Ms Charley said she found it "hilarious" and "could not stop laughing" when Facebook informed her that the cards could not become a product in her online shop.

"It looks like we didn't approve your item because we don't allow the sale of adult items or services (e.g. sexual enhancement items or adult videos)," a message from Facebook informed the Scottish borders-based artist.

In response, Ms Charley posted on her page: "Hilariously, Facebook has blocked my Christmas cards from becoming a product in my shop due to their shameful, sexual nature!

"'It looks like we didn't approve your item because we don't allow the sale of adult items or services (eg. sexual enhancement items or adult videos).'

"Please judge for yourself! (Can't stop laughing!) And if you'd like a pack of six at £5.99 plus postage and packaging let me know."

Ms Charley is reported to have said she has not had any direct response from Facebook, but the interest generated from the gaffe had led to a lifting of the initial ban.

A spokesperson for Facebook told The Daily Telegraph: “Our team processes millions of images each week, and occasionally we incorrectly prohibit content, as happened here.

“We approved Jackie’s post as soon as we became aware of our mistake, and are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.”

In a post on her Etsy page, Ms Charley said the inspiration for her cards, entitled "Nature's Winter" came from "the beauty we can still find around us, even when the days are shortening and the nights are drawing in".
    LOL WTF Facebook

10+ Year Old Account
    Robin Redbreast

Squirrel’s nuts

Deer horn

Pure filth!

When you let algorithms make decisions for you. Here's to our robot-powered future.

I've been reporting people who are posting pictures of their kids naked on Facebook with public settings without any actions being taken against them. Then they ban art? Get your priorities right for fuck sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised. That one card has a naked tit on it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    I've been reporting people who are posting pictures of their kids naked on Facebook with public settings without any actions being taken against them. Then they ban art? Get your priorities right for fuck sake.
    When you say kids do you mean toddlers?

Facebook made the right decision!

Not only did i get sexually aroused by those pictures i masturbated at least 3 cups full!!

But in all seriousness i pray for the day Facebook and twitter crashes and burns like myspace did and we will be rid of this cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    When you say kids do you mean toddlers?
    Ages 0-5 judging by the looks of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Ages 0-5 judging by the looks of them.
    /shrug my mum has photos of me in a bath age 1

15+ Year Old Account
    That squirrel one is dope.

Obviously just an error with their automated system though. It's bound to happen occasionally.

Deleted
    It's an automation fuck-up. What's the big deal? She could've just tried to get in contact with a person at Facebook before she threw her shit about it. Fucking hell.

Math doesn't lie!! Just bow down to your computer overlords and thank them for saving you from this "adult animal" cards!!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    It's an automation fuck-up. What's the big deal? She could've just tried to get in contact with a person at Facebook before she threw her shit about it. Fucking hell.
    She did... They didn't respond

Not enough gore.

Put some dead people on them and it would pass fine. Facebook has pretty strict rules about this stuff. Someone almost sawn completely in two by a saw at work - not in contravention of their guildelines. Little bit of nipple - ban the user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    She did... They didn't respond
    “We approved Jackie’s post as soon as we became aware of our mistake, and are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.”

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an automated system, they often make odd seeming mistakes.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Sexual????

uuuummm where?????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Eventually - besides she didn't even make a fuss, she laughed it off and made a FB status. Other people shared it

10+ Year Old Account
    More proof you should send your nudes to facebook.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF!?

They actually look good but.. wtf?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..