Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

How long will the Classic servers actually last?

Just wondering - what happens when the content is cleared (yes, it will take months to gear up), and everyone is decked out in T3?

What are the actual plans for these servers long-term?
    Last edited by mmoc3625615d54; 2017-11-14 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmyaccount View Post
    and everyone is in decked out in T3?
    thats a bold claim cotton, lets see if it works out for you.

on topic, We dont know yet, some have suggested resetting the server at set intervals to allow for progression, some have suggested releasing Tbc servers some time after classic naxx got cleared by enough people. and some have just suggested leaving it be, since its increadibly painful to even get one group through naxxramas. let alone "everyone"
    I like my coffe like my mages.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say everyone will be decked out in T3, while Naxxramas isn’t the pinnacle of difficulty, the time commitment you need in order to be prepared is quite considerable.

Several years.
    And I can very well imagine some sort of "seasons", with a "dead-end" server fully opened in which all characters end up, and a "seasonal" one, which reopen from scratch every 2 to 4 years.

Naxxramas isnt even gear though, sure you need to be geared but some if the mechanics are just insane, Thaddius, Gothik, Four Horsemen...it was all nuts

Just wondering - what happens when the content is cleared (yes, it will take months to gear up), and everyone is decked out in T3?

If I get to a point where my main is decked out in full BiS gear then i'll simply gear an alt, In fact i'm probably going to try and get an alt into MC and beyond as soon as my main doesn't need anything from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramrad View Post
    Naxxramas isnt even gear though, sure you need to be geared but some if the mechanics are just insane, Thaddius, Gothik, Four Horsemen...it was all nuts
    So nuts, that these same mechanics were taken as some of the easiest raiding ever done 2 expansions later.

It was gear. It was the size of the raid. It was materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramrad View Post
    It *is* gear AND mechanics. You literally listed some of the highest entry barriers for that raid and claimed it wasn't gear. Those fights require tanks geared to the teeth and extremely good dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    So nuts, that these same mechanics were taken as some of the easiest raiding ever done 2 expansions later.

It was gear. It was the size of the raid. It was materials.
    Ssshhhh, don't talk about it. Grinding lotus is CONTENT. Getting 40 people to stfu and log on at the same time is SKILL. Don't you be disrespecting vanilla raiding, the pinnacle of SKILL and CHALLENGE in WoW raiding in general.

I mean 40 >> 25 >> 20 >> 10, it's simple math really, checkmate.

/s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Ssshhhh, don't talk about it. Grinding lotus is CONTENT. Getting 40 people to stfu and log on at the same time is SKILL. Don't you be disrespecting vanilla raiding, the pinnacle of SKILL and CHALLENGE in WoW raiding in general.

I mean 40 >> 25 >> 20 >> 10, it's simple math really, checkmate.

/s

No mate, Thaddius was insane! You had to kill a dog and then JUMP OVER SOME SLIME! You lost 20 people right there due to jumping with 6fps. Hard.Core.

You ask how long long the servers will last and use the "limited" amount of content as the base for your opinion. I'm 100% certain that the population is more dependent on how many tourists show up and give up before they even reach 60 because of the care and patience required in generally everything you do. You are not powerful leveling up. You are fragile. Getting random buffs from people while questing makes a difference. Having food buffs and potions on hand makes a difference. The minutiae that separates smooth questing and a stressful time will be what causes most people to stop playing.

And please, this is not an argument about mechanics difficulty. It literally usually is as simple as being able to pull mobs one at a time, and using utility spells where appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account

It is a museum that is funded by a function franchise, it'll go on for as long as they deem the project needed, or until empty. I foresee like, a tier pr. year to be smart.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted

they will atleast have 1 player who will play it for years, dunno about others :P

Untill WoW is no more.

Blizzard said themselves they will sustain it untill the end of WoW. So they will probably add tbc and wrath later down the lines i personally think.

months to gear up? it will take months to just get to 60.

Then it will take realistically for a "modern mythic raider" around 2 years to get "full naxx gear". Then they can start doing PvP and get High Warlord for around 1+ years.

After these 3.5 years you can maybe concider making an alt. Then you have 3.5 years of content again.

Do this on all 9 classes and you have had 31.5 years of content.

I think 31.5 years of content is pretty good.

So I would assume they are going to do it progressively, potentially doing a slightly faster release schedule than vanilla. Essentially though, this means the content from 1.1.0 to 1.12.1 can easily span 2 years, or more.

Now afterwards? Well they have 4 options as I see it.

1. Roll the classic servers in to the TBC expansion, and continue the progressive patches in to that.

2. Open up new servers on the TBC launch patch, that will progressively go through TBC. Players will then be able to either copy/transfer their classic characters to the new realms, and continue their journey.

3. Reset the Classic servers back to 1.1.0, and start the progression all over again.

4. This would be my personal preferred option. Expand upon what made Classic, Classic, and build upon Vanilla with new stories, zones, and raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    months to gear up? it will take months to just get to 60.

Then it will take realistically for a "modern mythic raider" around 2 years to get "full naxx gear". Then they can start doing PvP and get High Warlord for around 1+ years.

After these 3.5 years you can maybe concider making an alt. Then you have 3.5 years of content again.

Do this on all 9 classes and you have had 31.5 years of content.

I think 31.5 years of content is pretty good.
    Vanilla was out for 2 years and 2 months.

Quality shit post though!

If they release the patches with some logical delay, it will last a good while.

If they release with 1.12 fixes, all bosses apart from specific resist/item requirement bosses will die in a few weeks, like Huhuran is a roadblock, Nefarian is a roadblock requiring cloaks etc.

Deleted
    A lot of people are going to rush in at first, stop playing in a month or two and then small community of vanilla fans will probably play for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Vanilla was out for 2 years and 2 months.

Quality shit post though!
    And less than 1% saw Naxxramas.

It must be hard to be so salty though