Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Artifacts gone before expansion ?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...orm-Episode-31

"The Artifact Weapon sendoff will take place just before the expansion."

So that we will lose artifacts long before the expansion come ?
    I want to unlock all artifact skins, so what with mage tower throughout the year of waiting on Battle for Azeroth ? I only complet 4 mage tower challange ;/ but special for this I leveled 12 character on 110.

EDIT:
    Version from Wowhead

"The Epic ending for artifact weapons will occur in the new patch."
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275922/b...erview-roundup
    Last edited by mmocc79f3f3697; 2017-11-14 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Blizzard ain't gonna remove Artifacts just before the next expansion since it would cause a massive shitstorm.

Also, Raids are balanced around Artifacts.

Lol, so quote says "just b4 the exp" and you ask if we are loosing it "long before" exp... you kinda answered yourself with that quote. We will loose it when final pre exp event will start prolly like one month maby few weeks before next exp

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZujinART View Post

I want to unlock all artifact skins, so what with mage tower throughout the year of waiting on Battle for Azeroth ? I only complet 4 mage tower challange ;/ but special for this I leveled 12 character on 110.
    You're kidding right? How on earth did you manage to translate "Just before" into "Long before" ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Pretty sure Blizzard ain't gonna remove Artifacts just before the next expansion since it would cause a massive shitstorm.
    I really hope. I need more time !

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope. I need more time !
    Dude, you have AT LEAST until the end of the summer.

There will be a line outside the local goblin pawn shop with countless 'heroes' with Ashbringer and Doomhammer in there hands waiting patiently to pawn it off for beer money.

Deleted
    Ah ok. I just read on wowhead same information but they say:

"The Epic ending for artifact weapons will occur in the new patch."
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275922/b...erview-roundup

So I got a little chopped up.. in my mind. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I imagine the pre-expansion event will cover this - I'd wager that in the course of those events the Artifact weapons will be destroyed somehow, some of their abilities baked into the existing class/spec skill listings, and each player given a slightly higher iLvl "stat stick" placeholder weapon-set to prepare for the launch of BfA.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

>Patch hits, lorewise we lose our artifacts but we keep them ingame

>Pre-patch, they remove our artifacts/make them useless/offer something better to equip, done Lorewise and gameplay wise we lose our artifacts.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They won’t get rid of them, because you are still able to get hidden appearances and also they will still be useful for timewalking. They will probably just nullify them when you hit 111 or just give out weapons with a significant higher ilvl

That being said, AFAIK artifacts (the weapons and skins) aren't really going anywhere. You'll be still able to get them while lvling and unlock variants (though you won't be able to unlock all appearances, most notably the Balance of Power one, which is quite retarted IMHO)... What is probably really being removed is just their functionality => the artifact spell and skills (though they'll partially return as normal spells). I can imagine that the relics will stay (only bumpinf up ilvl and thus stats)... So basically they'll just end up being normal weapons with sockets, which will become useless sometime while lvling 110-120.

I don't see Blizzard completely removing them and adding a bunch of weapons inbetween. The class halls are tied to them and it would be such a huge waste to just remove so many weapons, especially since they took so much work. That's why I also find the removal of the Balance of Power questchain (and the mage tower one) to be shit. I can be often an elitist myself, but even I get pissed off by people who always demand rewards, which will be unobtainable once their way of acuiring them becomes trivial... and that's what we get now (I wouldn't mind if they make some colour variations unobtainable, but this is too much)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-11-14 at 03:03 PM.

You're gonna be stuck with AP gathering for a long long time, trust me

10+ Year Old Account
    ok OP....

1) just before != long before
    2) this will be lore wise not actual loss of the item
    3) you can still get appearances in BfA with exception of 1 Mage tower aka challenge mode 2 mythic keystone +15

Tell you the truth I have grown quite attached to my artifact, I hope the sendoff is glorious !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    That being said, AFAIK artifacts (the weapons and skins) aren't really going anywhere. You'll be still able to get them while lvling and unlock variants (though you won't be able to unlock all appearances, most notably the Balance of Power one, which is quite retarted IMHO)... What is probably really being removed is just their functionality => the artifact spell and skills (though they'll partially return as normal spells). I can imagine that the relics will stay (only bumpinf up ilvl and thus stats)... So basically they'll just end up being normal weapons with sockets, which will become useless sometime while lvling 110-120.

I don't see Blizzard completely removing them and adding a bunch of weapons inbetween. The class halls are tied to them and it would be such a huge waste to just remove so many weapons, especially since they took so much work. That's why I also find the removal of the Balance of Power questchain (and the mage tower one) to be shit. I can be often an elitist myself, but even I get pissed off by people who always demand rewards, which will be unobtainable once their way of acuiring them becomes trivial... and that's what we get now (I wouldn't mind if they make some colour variations unobtainable, but this is too much)
    You will still be able to unlock the balance of power skin.

Just not mythic+15 and mage tower challenge.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Deleted

Are they actually gonna take the artifacts away? I thought they would just be replaced by green weapons next expansion, and we would put them in the bank or whatever. Maybe removing the skill tree. Totally retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll retain the physical item, since Blizz has confirmed several times in recent months that you'll be able to unlock most skins after Legion ends (the only ones being legacy'd are the mage tower and Mythic+15 skins, but if you have their base skins unlocked you can continue to unlock the variant skins after Legion). The 8.0 prepatch will include a world event or pre-expansion questline (like the pre-Legion quests where we went to Dalaran over Karazhan and such) where we get the send-off to our Artifacts and an in-lore reason we're shelving them for new weapons in the next expansion--likely, we'll use most of the artifacts' power either helping to heal the wound in Silithus, or stopping an Old God (most likely N'Zoth) from breaking free of its prison for a little bit longer until we can figure out what to do with that problem, but before we can come up with a solution the Alliance and Horde ignite the Fifth War.

edit: It would also be pretty silly to expect players leveling post-Legion to make do with the vendor weapons from the order halls, heirloom weapons, or whatever weapons they can scrounge out of Draenor that's higher ilvl than the order hall vendor weapons.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    I hope they don't remove artifact weapons, it would be really weird if they do. Half of Legion content and lore revolves around having your artifact. I'm actually hoping to finish off and simply enjoy artifact quests on my lvl 120 characters when the legion content gets easier in BfA.

With the pre patch dude. Pretty obvious.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV