Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Maybe they will do something like we keep the weapon however it loses all of its power. All of the buffs from AP an relics just disappear and it is an inert stat stick like the day we got it.

Yep it will come with the 8.0 pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ZujinART View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...orm-Episode-31

"The Artifact Weapon sendoff will take place just before the expansion."

So that we will lose artifacts long before the expansion come ?
    I want to unlock all artifact skins, so what with mage tower throughout the year of waiting on Battle for Azeroth ? I only complet 4 mage tower challange ;/ but special for this I leveled 12 character on 110.
    So you quote him saying "JUST BEFORE THE EXPANSION" and then you randomly think about "LONG BEFORE THE EXPANSION"

What is your mental illness?
    I have not seen a post this stupid since the last Tennis agenda pushing thread.

JUST BEFORE means there won't be much time in between the moment we lose our artifacts and the day BfA release.

LONG BEFORE means the complete opposite of what was said.

Deleted
    Is it known if the skins are still transmogable after artifacts get "destroyed" or whatever. This would outshine even the herald of the titans achievement in terms of value and preparation time if you want to farm them in the future.

I want to unlock all artifact skins, so what with mage tower throughout the year of waiting on Battle for Azeroth ? I only complet 4 mage tower challange ;/ but special for this I leveled 12 character on 110.
    My take? We are not going to physically lose the artifact weapons. We'll still have them as an equipable item, but no longer be able to progress it, perhaps, and start getting new, better weapons in BfA. I mean, if you didn't know, during the Shaman's Order Hall chain quest, we actually have to destroy Thunderfury to release the Windlord from within the blade. So technically the sword no longer exists, but there are still people around with the Thunderfury legendary around. And it is still obtainable, too.

7+ Year Old Account
    It'll most likely happen during the pre patch a month or so before launch maybe 2 or 3 to give people plenty of time to get used to the new system because by then most if everyone should have experienced the argus raid and have clears by then on at least one or even more of their alts well by then so yeah there is no real reason to go oh my god my artifact weapon is gonna be gone i can't go to argus or older raid sin lfr no more... it'll be all okay :-)
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I'm 99% sure "sendoff" means why we would stop using them next expansion. The actual item will still be in the game for us to use until BfA when we replace them with a green item and throw our artifact weapons in our banks, to use during Legion Time walkers when they come out with that in in 5 - 6 years

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure they mean in the pre-patch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Possibly make them into heirlooms, quest line sets up the loss of power but keeping the weapon while you level in BfA.

Would be logical and make more sense for Artifacts to be taken away from an intro quest in BfA itself and NOT in the pre-expansion event/quests)...

That being said, if they were actually taken away how would one proceed to unlock the various skins for it post-Legion ?

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    You will still be able to unlock the balance of power skin.

Just not mythic+15 and mage tower challenge.
    Ah thats good to hear then.

But what will become with Artifact Quests? There were like hundreds of them altogether (for all classes with all chains, etc.) with all the special zones for them?

Seems like massive amount of content to simply delete...

Most likely in the introduction sequence of the new expansion. They won't be removed while we still wait for the expansion. This is pretty obvious is it not?

They will prob be used to heal the wound or try and stop some evil, drain all the power. Then the AP stuff just goes away, the new class changes are in since this will be 8.0 and the weapon will either be destroyed and you get a quest reward that is of similar power to use in BfA or the weapon name will change to like 'Depleted Ashbringer' and it will be a Rare weapon with the same stats but no AP, no Artifact system attached to it since that all goes.

All the skins will be transmog for normal weapons and you can still collect the transmogs like you could in Legion.

Nothing will happen to them, as they will become an endgame content for their baseline game, needed to progress through the raiding content, so they will keep the AP system, etc.

10+ Year Old Account

EDIT:
    Version from Wowhead

"The Epic ending for artifact weapons will occur in the new patch."
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275922/b...erview-roundup
    You've got several months. Don't wait... if its important... get it in gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Pretty sure Blizzard ain't gonna remove Artifacts just before the next expansion since it would cause a massive shitstorm.

Also, Raids are balanced around Artifacts.
    Significant class changes for the upcoming patch usually happen within a month prior to the actual xpac, and balance issues are NEVER a concern during that time.

So shit storm or not... expect it... plan for it.

We've known the artifacts weren't a permanent addition to the game... really since they added them.

This isn't some huge surprise folks.

I am assuming it will be on a character-by-character basis instead of some global event, and if that is true, you would have some control over when your artifact weapon goes bye bye. I would guess that it is tied to doing the BfA intro, so you can't go into BfA with your artifact weapon but you could stay in Legion with it. Whatever they do, I don't think the end result will be to make players less powerful, so there is really nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by Trend; 2017-11-15 at 12:14 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    That being said, AFAIK artifacts (the weapons and skins) aren't really going anywhere. You'll be still able to get them while lvling and unlock variants (though you won't be able to unlock all appearances, most notably the Balance of Power one, which is quite retarted
    You can unlock the Balance of Power appearance after Legion. You will not however be able to get the mage tower challenge quest appearances or the mythic+15. So if you want them as transmog you have until next expansion. If you want the mage tower appearance, you only need to get the original appearances. The color skins that require dungeons, RBGs, etc, can be unlocked after Legion.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    and it will only be lore-wise, they are not going to remove something you worked on for the entire expansion gameplay-wise

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    You can unlock the Balance of Power appearance after Legion. You will not however be able to get the mage tower challenge quest appearances or the mythic+15. So if you want them as transmog you have until next expansion. If you want the mage tower appearance, you only need to get the original appearances. The color skins that require dungeons, RBGs, etc, can be unlocked after Legion.
    Ah ok... good to hear that