Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Kinda dying from the Hype..

Stole this topic from reddit I guess but honestly..

Finding/reading/saving the old 60 levelling guides
    Fiddling in vanilla talent calculators to figured out optimal levelling speccs
    Reading up to remind me of the racials (Alliance 10% rep is probably too good to give up)
    Listening to podcasts about it
    Watching the old Roguecraft series and other old vids
    Debating vs playing the rogue I always was (too many rogues) vs just being a Warrior MT (skippin the endless hours of LFM ... need tank)
    Trying to recurt friends to play same Server/Faction

I'm guessing it will be anywhere from 6-18 months until this happens but I am already way too excited.
    I'm considdering trying Elysium for my hype fix.. But I remember I played Nostalrius and stuff just felt off.
    And the haunting feeling of all my hours of work can just dissapear in a moments notice always demotivated me from being dedicated on a priv. server..

So what are you guys doing until a release date is announced?
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Deleted
    6-18
    Double that and you might be closer to the truth. They have no idea yet WHAT is it they will be delivering exactly, let alone HOW. So anything shorter than a year + is really out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Double that and you might be closer to the truth. They have no idea yet WHAT is it they will be delivering exactly, let alone HOW. So anything shorter than a year + is really out of the question.
    Funny how they specifically stated that they've not only found a way to make classic servers happen but that they've already got a build running, Granted I doubt it would be a mere 6 months away saying that it's going to be up to 3 years is a little ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I think if they already have a build up and running as reference, it's easily doable in 6months. Then 3 months of internal testing/preparation for release. I'd say my time frame is decent.

I suspect classic will be in 2019 at the earliest. with BfA being playable at con this year, my guess is the earliest is a playable build at con next year.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Ah yeah, adapting existing content would take longer than making a full expansion from scratch

Trying to fight the good fight, and ensure Blizzard knows that there are people who want Classic to be as authentic to the 1.1.0 - 1.12.1 experience as humanly possible.

This is what i think too, BlizzCon 2018 will have vanilla wow beta or some form of testing. Then i think the original beta to stress test whatever they want will be either made open or be very accessible to throw alot of people at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    I think if they already have a build up and running as reference, it's easily doable in 6months. Then 3 months of internal testing/preparation for release. I'd say my time frame is decent.
    It was mentioned as part of the interviews posted on the main page the other day.

Eurogamer Talks to the J. Allen Brack
    Eurogamer sat down with Brack to talk about Classic servers.

• The team ran old school Scholomance with the Nostalrius build.
    They have some infrastructure stuff in place and a build up and running for reference.
    The main part of the job is the infrastructure before tackling the design questions.
    • No development will be taken away from Battle for Azeroth for Classic. A new team is being hired for this project.
    Brack can’t say whether it will be months or years for the release.
    • Some players will return just for a nostalgia trip.
    • The team wants to provide a constant social connection and community.
    • These servers have full commitment now and will not be ditched if they are not popular.
    • Blizzard has maintained contact with Nostralius and are considering involving some of their team in the process.
    They do mention that it could be months or years, Honestly sounds like them covering their backs from the outrage that would happen if they missed a promised deadline, Exactly how they never promised anything after the Nostalrius meeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Classic will hit at the content drought of next xpack: 4th quarter of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Classic will hit at the content drought of next xpack: 4th quarter of 2019.
    Probably this, so that it won't interfere with their main project.

Deleted
    Classic must hit much sooner than that. Waiting another two years (and more) for the best MMO in the world sounds horrible.
    I MUST PLAY VANILLA ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Sssiksseilor View Post
    Classic must hit much sooner than that. Waiting another two years (and more) for the best MMO in the world sounds horrible.
    I MUST PLAY VANILLA ASAP!
    Kinda my feelings rn..

I honestly dont think they can wait 2 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think it will take 2 years. Fall 2018

Deleted
    For a while I was thinking it would be in the content lul of next expansion as I think they probably planned. But I do wonder if the massive hype caused by this announcement surprised even Blizzard which will make them focus more on it and push it out much sooner.

Given that some passionate players can get private servers up and running in their spare time you'd think if Blizzard really wanted to they could get it working pretty quickly. Obviously it will be more complicated for Blizzard since they'll need a bit more polish and the population will be way higher, but then the resources they have available to them dwarf any private server project.

They'll release it this summer. It will offset the content drought and bring back a flood of players before the launch of BfA to boost sales, and will harvest alot of goodwill for unexpectedly rapid deployment. Also, there is no dev time that needs to be used on art, voiceover, story, graphics, etc. all the assets exist already. If they say they've overcome the hardware problem that was restrictive in the past, and they have a working build up already, it should be a matter of debugging, polishing the rough edges, and integrating battlenet and voila. Won't take nearly two years, I'd be shocked if it took one.

November 2019 for WoW's 15th anniversary.

I just dont know what to do until then tho

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I dont think it will take 2 years. Fall 2018
    With the release of the new addon? Doubt it... gonna be later

Will be a BfA content drought time if its finished or not