Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Not at all. You'd be willingly giving up one human right for what you claim to be another. Your choice. Your comparions fail, again, because alcohol wasn't intentionally made for threatening with or use in traffic accidents. But every single gun in the world has. The abortion thing is way out of the scope of this thread.
    That's the point, you shouldn't have to give up one to get the other. That's why your entire scenarios was idiotic.

If you want to make ridiculous demands in your scenario, don't get bent out of shape when I decide to make analogies, which is what I did.

If you are willing to support abortion, that means you should have to wear a sign, saying you think it's fine if someone kills you, if they don't want you. All's fair, right?

Mind you, I think abortion should be legal, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous your scenarios was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    sure, but thats not what the person i was arguing with was doing. if you and i are to engage in that, we are first acknowledging that we are in a speculative scenario, not a determined truth.
    Of course it's speculative, but that doesn't mean real science and mathematics cannot be applied to it. You could run the scenario through various models, and I think the results would be more severe in almost every case when the weapon is a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Most of these shooters have a history of domestic violence. Once someone commits domestic violence, the cops need to inspect his house and seize all his guns.

And hopefully the background checks will keep him from buying more.
    It's illegal for someone convicted of domestic violence to own a firearm. I believe it's called the Lunenburg law

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Here's the thing, my ideology isn't losing. For all the talk about wanting more gun safety, how many laws actually get put on the books? After Sandy Hook, a day in which dozens of children were murdered, how much legislation was passed at the national level?
    Your "absolute freedom" ideology is definitely losing. Your view of gun control (no background checks, no age limits, no restrictions whatsoever) has absolutely lost. The world will never be the way you want it to be. And for good reason.
    Eat yo vegetables

If you liken a grown, thinking human to an assortment of cells, you have even more issues than I thought.
    Like I said, if you want to make ridiculous scenarios, then I will make analogies that are equally as absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Yes, people are going to kill people because people are assholes, but when was the last time you heard of a mass stabbing where a single guy stabbed 5 people to death and injured around a dozen more?
    July 2016 in the Tokyo area. Lone man killed 19 people with a knife.... and 26 others injured

edit:

here

I damn near shit myself cause it was like a day or so prior that me and some people were talking about how we'd never EVER hear about a mass knifing.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-11-15 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Your "absolute freedom" ideology is definitely losing. Your view of gun control (no background checks, no age limits, no restrictions whatsoever) has absolutely lost. The world will never be the way you want it to be. And for good reason.
    When it comes to the "gun humper" mentality, it's not. Liberals cannot seem to get anything pushed through.

Quote Originally Posted by uhavetogoback View Post
    why are you so obsessed with America? Get a life
    Says the random alt account of a banned person... get a life.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad, crazy people have easy access to firearms (even if through the black market) so this will continue and nothing short of a repeal of the second amendment will even begin to make changes and that will never happen.

You are either capable and prepared to defend your life or you aren't. Stay safe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    ...you obviously haven't spent much time in the midWest.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything could crystalize the insanity and our inability to even talk about these tragedies. Trump tweets a Freudian "hold my beer"...

You may be thinking to yourself, “wait, Sutherland Springs, Texas isn’t in northern California.” You would be correct. What we have here is Trump copying and pasting his tweet from a week and a half ago, after the church shooting in Texas, and forgetting to even change the name of the grieving community. (The tweet was removed an hour or so ago.)

Seeing the cynicism of "thoughts and prayers" and "just 3 kids" laid bare is it's own kind of depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    July 2016 in the Tokyo area. Lone man killed 19 people with a knife.... and 26 others injured

edit:

here

I damn near shit myself cause it was like a day or so prior that me and some people were talking about how we'd never EVER hear about a mass knifing.
    I'll check the link, was that the guy who went on a rampage in an old peoples /medical care home? If it is I think he could have done as much damage with a rolling pin or bat, the victims were almost powerless to defend themselves from heavy breathing, let alone agression It isn't a strectch to claim children actually stand a better chance of defending themselves than these victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    It's illegal for someone convicted of domestic violence to own a firearm. I believe it's called the Lunenburg law
    That law isn't being enforced since all these shooters, most of them with domestic violence convictions have guns.

How about we put people convicted of domestic violence on probation. Probation officers can search your home, car, etc without a warrant. If they find a gun, it's a felony conviction and possibly prison time.

It's just to get them to give up their guns willingly.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Looks like I am going to have to be on the look out for stabbing sprees in Europe now so I can post about them every day. Wasn’t there one not too long ago in Germany? And another one in France? And another one in Finland? And another one in Germany? And another one in England? And another one...

- - - Updated - - -

How is it safe in Europe when people are going around stabbing people?
    So basically your contribution is deflecting the issue by saying "Shit happens elsewhere?" well good to see you care little for your own citizens

- - - Updated - - -

I have question for you. When was the last stabbing in your country? Have people protested to have knives regulated?
    People are going to kill other people regardless of whether they have access to a firearm or not.
    Knives are regulated

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is this site is chock full of America bashers that have more likely than not have never set foot out of out of their own country or perhaps even Europe( some maybe even their own towns). Let alone ever set foot in America. They have absolutely no idea what they are talking about from first hand experience. They are only parroting things they have seen others state. They are peddling preconceived notions. They are prejudging something they have never experienced or seen for themselves. One might even say that is being prejudiced.
    The fact that you view this as a personal attack DESPITE AMERICANS ACKNOWLEDGING THE ISSUE really speaks volumes about yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Why SHOULD it change? He could of killed 3 people with a wood axe, a car, a machete, are we going to ban all of those? USA isn't going to ban guns, and if they ever do try, we will use our guns to stop it, thats why we have guns, to defend our rights and stop tyranny. Everyone in the military and most police are pro guns. Why do you care anyway? Let us shoot each other without Europe's nose in our business.
    I didn't say ban and you know that... Perhaps keep saying you can't ban guns when NOBODY is saying that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uhavetogoback View Post
    why are you so obsessed with America? Get a life
    Actually I am interested in human life... Also enjoying your ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    This should be avoided, so let's pump in more guns.

/s
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Just another day in paradise.

What concerns me is that no one seems to be looking at what causes these people to commit these horrendous acts. Is it lack of communication? Neglect in childhood? A byproduct of eating too many processed foods? (Hey, it makes us physically sick and being physically unhealthy can lead to mental illness, so why not?) Climate change? The warmer months of the year have long been known to be the most prone to violent crime. (This is actually not as far fetched as it sounds. Pay attention to your own moods when you are hot vs. cool.) What if the answer is simple? What if fixing the problem only requires re-educating people?

I don't think guns are the problem. Take those away and people still find a way to commit mass murder and other forms of domestic terrorism, be it by explosives or motorized vehicles.

We need to stop trying to apply band-aids over and over again, it's not working. This is a symptom of a much greater problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'll check the link, was that the guy who went on a rampage in an old peoples /medical care home? If it is I think he could have done as much damage with a rolling pin or bat, the victims were almost powerless to defend themselves from heavy breathing, let alone agression It isn't a strectch to claim children actually stand a better chance of defending themselves than these victims.
    medical care facility. ages of victims ranged between 18 and 70. Guy was out to get disabled people or something. Though it's now my go to event when anyone ever asks about mass stabbings... cause that's what it was still.

I didn't start the stupid. I'm merely adapting.
    Yeah, deeming gun owners to be subhuman, and rationalizing their murder... that's pretty damn stupid.

The shooter was a pot farmer.

http://www.myajc.com/news/national/w...ZEtQV9fLAeEaP/

Look at the face of this stoner:

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That law isn't being enforced since all these shooters, most of them with domestic violence convictions have guns.

How about we put people convicted of domestic violence on probation. Probation officers can search your home, car, etc without a warrant. If they find a gun, it's a felony conviction and possibly prison time.

It's just to get them to give up their guns willingly.
    Yeah, laws are meaningless if they aren't enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

Knives are regulated

?
    So are firearms my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Yeah, laws are meaningless if they aren't enforced.
    Or even followed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    The shooter was a pot farmer.

http://www.myajc.com/news/national/w...ZEtQV9fLAeEaP/

Look at the face of this stoner:
    He needs a haircut.

Deleted
    So are firearms my friend.
    Not well enough that's the problem