Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    It's serious, but two people are murdered by guns every day in Chicago, and 12 people per day are shot there. We Americans like our rampages like we like our McDonald's meals: super-sized.
    I don't like rampage at all.I just like to be able to defend myself from said Rampage.Sadly some people want to stop us from protecting ourselves for what ever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I never once said to outright ban them. I myself have made the same argument before that it's a little to late to go the Australian route with guns due to the large amount already in circulation, and the black market with multiple avenues of entry into the US.

But then no conversation regarding it is even allowed to be had without conservatives getting up in arms with their hysteria. We have a problem with a culture that almost worships guns and corporations like the NRA only add fuel to the fire by feeding that hysteria for gun sales. You yourself automatically assumed I wanted to get rid of the 2nd amendment, when I just said I wanted some civil discussion. The NRA alone are a huge part of the problem with their constant lobbying for less regulations even to the point of insanity, literally.

People on both sides of the political spectrum just argue in extremes, literally nothing gets done, and the next shooting happens with some people hoping for a white shooter, some a Muslim one, some an illegal immigrant, so that the blame-game can be played all the while ignoring the big picture.
    thanks for clarifying your position on the 2nd amendment.

Let me ask you this, what bad things can be done with a gun that aren't already illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Here's what I don't understand: we've had guns everywhere in the U.S. for hundreds of years. Guns have been capable of mass slaughter for 50+ years. So why are we seeing these kinds of mass shootings ramp up now? If "guns" are really the problem then why haven't these kinds of monthly/weekly tragedies been a common thing for decades, if not centuries?
    In 1960 there was the Austin shooter at University of Austin, he climbed a town and shot at people on the ground.

I think there was another mass shooter around WWII.

But yeah, recently there have been a lot. My guess is the shooters are copying shooters who came before. Most are probably somewhat suicidal and hoping the police shoot them. Nearly all have some domestic abuse or violence in their history.

I guess what I'm saying is it's a meme and a meme I hope dies out soon.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    while sad i'm beginning to wonder if i'm just seeing the effect of confirmation bias or people genuinely looking for random news and not just searching for specific articles about specific topics to push specific agendas since it's becoming somewhat obvious.
    That is what r/MMOC has become. Didn’t you know that?
    It will continue to be that until a real CoC has been created and is followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    According to Unreal Tournament, Rampage requires 10.

I'll see myself out.

------

OT: Sad to hear about this
    I lold.

Thanks for the memories

Looks like I am going to have to be on the look out for stabbing sprees in Europe now so I can post about them every day. Wasn’t there one not too long ago in Germany? And another one in France? And another one in Finland? And another one in Germany? And another one in England? And another one...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Insomnia leaves the patient in a drowsy state in which they cannot think clearly, or might even hallucinate. How is this a safe state to own and operate a firearm?

People with anxiety are prone to acting erratic, unpredictable and respond emotionally instead of rationally. How is this a safe state to own and operate a firearm?

Just because you happen to know people for which this isn't the case, doesn't mean people can tell which is which until a crazy guy shoots up a church or preschool. Saying "well dangit he probably shouldn't have had that gun when he had one of his episodes" afterwards is just not good enough.
    How is it safe in Europe when people are going around stabbing people?

So... anyone have a timer from the Texas shooting up to this one cause these shootings are slowly becoming a blur for me, and the discussion is still the same. "We should ban guns because this keeps happening" "It's not the gun that kills but the person." "Harsher restrictions to gun sales" "Cal has some of strictes gun laws so that means that gun laws don't work" "We should do something" "Doing something will not work" I'm getting so tired of this.

Hell, I'm a dane who thinks that guns should be banned but done in waves and not just take them all at once but I would be perfectly fine with a full ban from tomorrow, have that go for 6 months(or another arbitrary amount of time), nothing changes/stuff gets worse and go undo the law while going "We told you so" because at least with that you actually TRIED something instead of going "just another shooting, nothing we can do"

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Looks like I am going to have to be on the look out for stabbing sprees in Europe now so I can post about them every day. Wasn’t there one not too long ago in Germany? And another one in France? And another one in Finland? And another one in Germany? And another one in England? And another one...

- - - Updated - - -

How is it safe in Europe when people are going around stabbing people?
    the US has stabbings as well don't forget to include those

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    there are 300 million guns in circulation that are not tracked, are we going to have police randomly search peoples houses, without due cause? How would guns be confiscated without violating other parts of the Constitution?
    You buy them out, then set the penalty for illegal weapon possession: let's say, the fine and 2 weeks of lockup for the first offence. As everyone arrested for 2 weeks will lose their job, which is almost a death penalty in a capitalistic country, people will eagerly depart with their now-toxic property.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    So... anyone have a timer from the Texas shooting up to this one cause these shootings are slowly becoming a blur for me, and the discussion is still the same. "We should ban guns because this keeps happening" "It's not the gun that kills but the person." "Harsher restrictions to gun sales" "Cal has some of strictes gun laws so that means that gun laws don't work" "We should do something" "Doing something will not work" I'm getting so tired of this.

Hell, I'm a dane who thinks that guns should be banned but done in waves and not just take them all at once but I would be perfectly fine with a full ban from tomorrow, have that go for 6 months(or another arbitrary amount of time), nothing changes/stuff gets worse and go undo the law while going "We told you so" because at least with that you actually TRIED something instead of going "just another shooting, nothing we can do"
    I have question for you. When was the last stabbing in your country? Have people protested to have knives regulated?
    People are going to kill other people regardless of whether they have access to a firearm or not.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-11-15 at 12:30 AM.

No where near a m m m m m monster kill

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You buy them out, then set the penalty for illegal weapon possession: let's say, the fine and 2 weeks of lockup for the first offence. As everyone arrested for 2 weeks will lose their job, which is almost a death penalty in a capitalistic country, people will eagerly depart with their now-toxic property.

So basically you set a law that's almost impossible to enforce over the large population. Most people aren't going to be willing to give up their firearms (myself included), especially since the original intent of the 2nd amendment is to give the people the ability to defend against a tyrannical government.

Criminals, will be criminals, so all this law would do is force law abiding people to give up firearms that they aren't misusing, while doing almost nothing to stop criminals from using firearms to commit crimes. all this does is create a uneven playing field.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    No where near a m m m m m monster kill
    wanna play some DOTA 2? I play as tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    For me there has to be at least 5 dead to be interesting enough.
    It's your lucky day! OP's headline is updated.

At least five dead after shooting rampage in Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I'm so tired of this shit. There are probably nearly enough guns in the US in civil hands alone* to accomplish an across the board duel-style killing of almost all of its population. Could you please do just that? Then the rest of the world can have its final outcry and be finally done with this crap. I've got no sympathies left at this point.

*) I know, I know. Some statistics will probably show me otherwise. But I'm just assuming that the dark count will more than make up for it, and it isn't even crucial to my point. So: If you want to reply in such a manner, feel thoroughly laughed and yawned at already.
    so you want all Americans to kill each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    the US has stabbings as well don't forget to include those
    The issue is this site is chock full of America bashers that have more likely than not have never set foot out of out of their own country or perhaps even Europe( some maybe even their own towns). Let alone ever set foot in America. They have absolutely no idea what they are talking about from first hand experience. They are only parroting things they have seen others state. They are peddling preconceived notions. They are prejudging something they have never experienced or seen for themselves. One might even say that is being prejudiced.

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    Making laws that make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to obtain a firearm is not going to help.It has been proven.Yet some people don't want to listen to facts.
    Hornfreak likes to stick Christmas tree ornaments up his butt. It has been proven, yet some people don't want to listen to facts.

See I can make things up too.

- - - Updated - - -

so you want all Americans to kill each other?
    Your fellow countrymen seem happy to oblige him.

Honest questions for leftists on this forum.

On one hand you want to do away with the 2nd amendment and only permit the government to possess firearms, and on the other you accuse the government to be fascist and run by a fascist.

So which do you want, people to be able to defend against a fascist government, or a fascist government that's able to inflict its will upon the people with no opposition?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hornfreak likes to stick Christmas tree ornaments up his butt. It has been proven, yet some people don't want to listen to facts.

See I can make things up too.

- - - Updated - - -

Your fellow countrymen seem happy to oblige him.
    Well considering that 99.999% of gun owners aren't committing mass murders or crimes, he's gonna be waiting a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I'm so tired of this shit. There are probably nearly enough guns in the US in civil hands alone* to accomplish an across the board duel-style killing of almost all of its population. Could you please do just that? Then the rest of the world can have its final outcry and be finally done with this crap. I've got no sympathies left at this point.

*) I know, I know. Some statistics will probably show me otherwise. But I'm just assuming that the dark count will more than make up for it, and it isn't even crucial to my point. So: If you want to reply in such a manner, feel thoroughly laughed and yawned at already.
    Most firearms are owned by a few my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Most firearms are owned by a few my friend.
    That doesn't disprove his point at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honest questions for leftists on this forum.

On one hand you want to do away with the 2nd amendment and only permit the government to possess firearms, and on the other you accuse the government to be fascist and run by a fascist.

So which do you want, people to be able to defend against a fascist government, or a fascist government that's able to inflict its will upon the people with no opposition?
    I'll answer you, and the answer is that your question isn't worth answering, at least, not from the premise you purport. You're misrepresenting arguments and using that misrepresentation (your invented argument of "put guns only in the hands of the government") as both a slippery slope AND a strawman to obfuscate the actual argument of gun control.

So my question is: why do rightists do this?

Why are they so scared about tightened gun control? Why did the NRA, back in the 90s, successfully lobby to stop the CDC from conducting ANY studies into the causes of gun violence in the United States?

Why do they phrase it as if any attempt at gun control will inevitably lead to the rise of Hitler 2.0?

Why do they ignore countries in which gun control laws can and do work?

So answer me THOSE questions.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.