Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tier sets have some cool effects...depending what class you play, as a fire mage right now its just a passive buff to my crit damage which to me is not why I rolled a fire mage.

Here is a scenario that I am in right now because of tier. I just downed an Argus world boss and got a sweet new 935 chest peace with some great stats...whats that? I can't use it because my 905 chest is part of my tier and overall better than that great stats 935 chest? guess ill vendor it, 950 helm from mythic + weekly chest, to bad, that 915 helm is part of tier so might as well vendor it

The same applies to legendaries. The amount of times I've gotten some great bracers multiple weeks in a row from my mythic + weekly chest only to vendor them because I have the fire mage bracers is a pain in the ass, why do mythic + if I continually get nothing form it

I am so happy to hear this headache is going away while still keeping the look of the "teir sets"

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good move, the beginning of the expansion before tier sets was always the best for me as you could actually aim to itemise properly and not using dumb pieces just for bonuses.

Also means you don't have to raid at all to be competitive, which is another great thumbs up from me.

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    Tier sets have some cool effects...depending what class you play, as a fire mage right now its just a passive buff to my crit damage which to me is not why I rolled a fire mage.

Here is a scenario that I am in right now because of tier. I just downed an Argus world boss and got a sweet new 935 chest peace with some great stats...whats that? I can't use it because my 905 chest is part of my tier and overall better than that great stats 935 chest? guess ill vendor it, 950 helm from mythic + weekly chest, to bad, that 915 helm is part of tier so might as well vendor it

The same applies to legendaries. The amount of times I've gotten some great bracers multiple weeks in a row from my mythic + weekly chest only to vendor them because I have the fire mage bracers is a pain in the ass, why do mythic + if I continually get nothing form it

I am so happy to hear this headache is going away while still keeping the look of the "teir sets"
    I agree with this - last two weeks I have received in my Mythic chest a 940 set of Legs with a Gem Slot - and 950 chest - both of which I cant equip because it would mean me replacing my 920 & 915 tier pieces - I have simmed them both and it would be a DPS Loss to equip them.

i am 936 equipped atm and with gear in my Bank could be 942 - for me if an item has an higher item level it should be mean it is better for you and makes you "stronger" and therefore you should need to equip it.

I am also of the mindset I don't raid for loot but for the satisfaction of downing difficult enemies / experiencing hard content with a group of people I enjoy playing the game with. Loot is a BONUS for me!
    Last edited by Mackem; 2017-11-15 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yaj View Post
    If you're a fucking ass kisser does not mean everybody else is... please move to classic and leave us the fuck alone.
    LOL

Fair enough

Everyone talking about set bonuses and TF, I'm just thinking how their artists will now only need to come up with 4 sets per tier and maybe some random off-pieces.

I absolutely do not expect it, but it would be cool if your Azerite configuration would change some visual aspects of the armor. Change spikes to more protective armor plates if you pick more defensive "talents" or lightning instead of ice effects if you pick mobility over CC and stuff like that - not totally different armor, just detail differences. They did pick the most iconic armor pieces (helm and shoulders) to be Azerite items for now after all. Small changes there can have a large effect on the overall aesthetic of the armor
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackem View Post
    I am also of the mindset I don't raid for loot but for the satisfaction of downing difficult enemies / experiencing hard content with a group of people I enjoy playing the game with. Loot is a BONUS for me!
    So much this

Raiding is for downing the bosses with people you like raiding with. The loot will come if you are downing bosses, and eventually replaced the next raid.

ilvl is not everything, but it should still mean something with a 40 ilvl difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I'd love if that feeling actually was Legion. Stat ring shifts? More like horrible legendary system locking entire set bonus talent-esque mechanics behind months long RNG grinds.

I'm honestly glad they are moving forward with this and dropping the horrible legendary system. Finally I can play the class how I want to play it after reaching level cap instead of having to complete 14 different minigames just to get disappointed that the most recent random loot drop wasn't the one I was looking for.

"Oooo but u got a legendary" Yeah, but wouldn't it be more interesting if I got, perhaps, the Legendary that would improve the spec and playstyle that I've grown accustomed to playing up until this point? Instead I get something I have to spec 3 different ways just to make function (Talking Enh shaman and bracers here) and I end up not even fucking liking the way it plays. Or or when I'm on fire mage and I really really would like the fire breath crown to be able to play the way I'd like? Nope, KJ trinket. I mean... Yay I got a best in slot trinket, but I wanted the one that changed my fucking gameplay? Hello? Oh here's a second shot aaaaaaand prydaz. Are you kidding me? I mean yeah I'm a soloing god now but I WANTED THE ONE THAT CHANGED MY GAMEPLAY GAME. Why are you making me grind 100+ hours for something that is, essentially, a fucking set bonus talent?

Fuck that and fuck Blizzard for ever thinking that was 'good gameplay'. Everytime they jerk themselves off over how 'successful' it was I hope they each individually gargle elephant testicles.
    You seem upset. But yeah, glad Legiondaries are not returning. Never getting my BiS legendaries to drop felt bad, even after they buffed that neckpiece (I remember it being great for my Warlock, 1.3 million shield at all times)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I think the difference is that your BiS list used to be set in stone, You knew exactly what you needed and from where it came.

Now you're playing roulette hoping for an item to titanforge for it to be BiS, Personally it kills the excitement.
    That sounds a lot like what I went through during Legion anyway. I am not a fan of how frequent Titanforges happen, because you're left thinking "this could've procc'd. Now it's not as good of an upgrade. Bah.

At least that disappointlent is tied to just one item, and can no longer gate your access to a set bonus I suppose? Less frequent Titanforges would be great to see.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

You know this probably means we'll see more "Legendary" like items, that will provide a boost to a certain spell (much like a set bonus). More Diablofication of the game. I'm actually happy about this if it brings more build options!
    I7-3770k - 16GB DDR 1600Mhz - 120GB SSD - 2TB HDD - SLI GTX 980 4GB - Corsair RM850 - Samsung U28D590D 4K Monitor-

It sounds like a good change to me. But then again maybe it's all part of the plan of introducing yet another layer of RNG to gearing. It makes sense though to remove the bonuses, the game has evolved past them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It sounds like a good change to me. But then again maybe it's all part of the plan of introducing yet another layer of RNG to gearing. It makes sense though to remove the bonuses, the game has evolved past them.
    Like I mentioned, I can see them implementing the shared dungeon loot tables from WoD, to make sure people can't even target a specific dungeon anymore and make it just that bit more cancerous to target something good.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    then clearing high mythic+ efficiently will be just as much of a struggle for them.

generally speaking you need a 15+ for the highest chest reward/week

doing a +15 currently I'd wager is harder than just about every HC boss, maybe barring KJ, especially when it's shitty mods.
    Easier to field 5 players that can clear a +15 then 15-30 players that can clear Heroic in reasonable time. Even bad heroic guilds have really good players.

Tier sets from too powerful.

Never mind little bi....ches whining about their "friends" running higher ilvl them all over forums, tier gear was hardest thing to balance around. Good riddance.

I do wish they all made gear drop quite low and meaningful. 95% of gear is just trash.

This ofcourse will pi..ss of lot of "wannabe" raiders who pretend to be "mythic raider" but all they care for is purples.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Like I mentioned, I can see them implementing the shared dungeon loot tables from WoD, to make sure people can't even target a specific dungeon anymore and make it just that bit more cancerous to target something good.
    They could never do that. Such a thing within the M+ system would mean the players would run the easiest and fastest dungeon again and again for loot.

The sad part is there now won't be class specific armor sets. They will just have the 4 armor types for the raid ... everyone is going to look nearly the same.

At the end there will be only ilvl stat in gear, rest will come from a multiplier for your spec.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    The sad part is there now won't be class specific armor sets. They will just have the 4 armor types for the raid ... everyone is going to look nearly the same.
    We don't know that yet (it's probably true knowing blizzard tho) , maybe he meant they are making class sets that have raid theme instead of class theme like legion.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I truly hope Blizzard finds a way to make the raid drops better than 5man drops. I know 5mans can be difficult, and I'm glad they're adding alternate gearing paths for different play styles, BUT the extra organization and lockouts of raiding should still carry some benefit over spammable 5man dungeons. If they don't, then more people will just gear in dungeons and it'll be harder to find people to raid with.

Raiding is why I play and why I've played for 9 years. I'm not worried that I won't want to raid anymore, but I am worried about groups being harder to find when all the ADD teenagers would rather run 2 dungeons and be done than run a real raid. I'm concerned about the class-specific art sets too, but mainly I'm just worried about raid participation once most people have their 3 Azerite pieces - they can't TF, and gear just as good comes from dungeons now, why come back?

It doesn't help that I have always hated small group content, and now it seems that's what we're being forced into: islands and dungeons instead of raids. I like the single player stuff, but raiding is what makes it feel like an MMO. I really hope they find a way to make it work so that 5man players can have fun and get geared while there still being some tangible incentive to cooperate with a larger group to take down the big bad raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    We don't know that yet (it's probably true knowing blizzard tho) , maybe he meant they are making class sets that have raid theme instead of class theme like legion.
    If there's enough outcry maybe ... but I see blizzard going the very lazy route. Especially when he stated the sets would be "raid themed" and not class themed anymore. It's going to be rather hard to create class/raid themed sets for all the classes, rather than just make 4 simple armor raid themed sets. Also the later lets them remove set token items entirely.

I am really skeptical of this change.

I hope that the decision to remove set bonuses and the comment that armor will be "themed for the instance" or whatever doesn't result in perma-ToC where we only get 4 new armor sets every raid, one for each armor type.

I also hope that the bonuses on Azerite armor obtained in raids are objectively better than what you can get from M+. With how easy a +10 is to do, if the bonuses are not more than 10% worse, we're probably going to see a raiding decline. Blizzard proved themselves the laziness of players with the 10/25 heroic split. Players will do whatever is easiest to get the best gear. If Azerite armor from M+ is even close then that's it for big raids.

The problem I have with this is that class appearances won't be a thing. Demon hunters literally only have 3 tiers worth of armor suited to work with their fantasy and monks only really have like 3 good ones in all the 8 tiers they have been playable. If this means all mail wearers in a raid will be wearing the same transmog as their currently available raid set then that sucks ass. All that lost class flavor would kill the game for me. I look forward to class tier set appearances and not having them would be a grave mistake for Blizzard.