Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    No sets could turn out great.

PoE doesn't have any set items.

Deleted
    I approve. Gonna be fun to try out something new, nothing should be kept in the game just cause "it's always been this way".

Tier sets have always been the bane of class balancing.
    Last edited by mmocadd85def5d; 2017-11-15 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean if they would manage to create one good set instead of 1 awsome and 2 ugly ones for plate and just distribute it around, that would be nice. But frankly many paladins will probably miss their holy theme and many DKs their dark theme. The only ones profiting are probably warriors .
    I bet there are alot dk's who are going to miss this.

Atleast its unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I bet there are alot dk's who are going to miss this.

Atleast its unique.
    One of the worst sets so far..

Have you heard of fake news?

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is true raiding is going to be in trouble. Mythic+ will be the preferred end game content because you only need 5 people and they don't require anywhere near the level of commitment that raiding does.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    If this is true raiding is going to be in trouble. Mythic+ will be the preferred end game content because you only need 5 people and they don't require anywhere near the level of commitment that raiding does.
    With Azerite pieces not gamble-forging I think the overall best itemlevel will be from mythic raiding. It might ruin the normal/heroic incentives though, that is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    With Azerite pieces not gamble-forging I think the overall best itemlevel will be from mythic raiding. It might ruin the normal/heroic incentives though, that is true.
    3-4 pieces of gear probably wont be enough to get the cusp raiders into Mythic. They'll do heroic and Mythic+.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Yeah, not exited about this at all.
    I don't see the point and with titanforge still in the game this just seem to take the horrible loot system in Legion and makes it even worse.

I don't think I've ever been this unintrested in a WoW expantion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    So only loot thats worth anything from raids will be trinkets, rest u can farm from in M+?
    Hopefully there will be some worthwhile loot u can only get in raids over M+
    Mounts? Why does it always have to be about gear?

Mounts, Titles, Toys and Pets could always be something which would satisfy as most people collect at least 1 of those things.

Best change so far in bfa

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    feels bad for tier sets, sacrificed on the altar of titanforging
    feels good as finally mythic + gear wont be inferior to raid gear due to lack of sets

raids can go f.... themselves now with mythic + being their clear best feature of game.

should have changed it years ago - they wouldnt loose milions of subs due to catering only to raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The thing is, what would you need to gear for if you do m+ only? I mean I get people who dont have the time to raid but want to keep up with their gear for the expansion. This is great for people who only raid because they want better ilvl. Its also great for guilds doing mythic raiding, people have different gear options if they get unlucky in raid drops. This is bad for the lowest quality raiding ; "Pugs". Pick up groups will suffer the most because why bother going in to raid with random people who might not know how to play if you can get the same gear in m+. Again if you are mythic raider then you dont have to worry about it because the chances are that you are in a guild that has like minded people who know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Mounts? Why does it always have to be about gear?

Mounts, Titles, Toys and Pets could always be something which would satisfy as most people collect at least 1 of those things.
    All of which mean less to me than the way the gear looks, less people care about all that than you think

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    You know what would revitalize the raiding community which seems to be suffering from general burnout having to deal with titanforged and mythic+ grinding?
    Oh yeah; further removing incentive to do raids sure will!
    its time to kill off raiding - since its clearly causing nothing but frustration to people who do it

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    feels good as finally mythic + gear wont be inferior to raid gear due to lack of sets

raids can go f.... themselves now with mythic + being their clear best feature of game.

should have changed it years ago - they wouldnt loose milions of subs due to catering only to raiders.
    Funny thing is no one in this argument ever said m+ can go fuck itself, but no, you have too be ultra negative for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    All of which mean less to me than the way the gear looks, less people care about all that than you think
    After all these comments here you still think 99% of the players care about stats in the gear?

Again if you are mythic raider then you dont have to worry about it because the chances are that you are in a guild that has like minded people who know how to play.
    The issue will be down the line. It will remove incentives for lower level raiding and therfore decrese the overall available people for raiding even further. It cerainly won't make the recruiting easier I'd imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

After all these comments here you still think 99% of the players care about stats in the gear?
    They care about stats after they have their transmog, but usually they do care .

Everyone raids for different reasons, and plenty of people I this thread believe the stats and the sets matter, I never said 99%.

In no world is de-incentivizing raiding a good idea. They don't need to keep sets, but they do need to keep something that sets raids apart
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-11-15 at 07:57 AM.

We have too little information right now but I am interested in this. I've had this love/hate relationship with tier sets this expansion but mostly because of the legendary system, if the azerite system can deliver I won't mind. What I hope they won't do is to cut tier armors because one of the things I really like to do in WoW is to collect them. One of the things they could do is to create one plate/mail/cloth/leather set and then create 3D pieces for each class or let the player customize them, but I don't think they would go this way.